Thread: Hawk thumb

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    clear_as_night
    Items User name style

Hawk thumb

I recently discovered that have a serious medical condition. It's called "Hawk thumb" and in many ways is similar to "tennis elbow". It affects my life in every way, from my relationships to my work.

I have been a sufferer for as long as I have been gaming. The symptoms include a tingly-burning sensation of the left thumb, attributed to the inclusion of the "manual" trick in the Tony Hawk games.

For those who are unaware, the manual is the linking trick that pretty much joins all other tricks in the game and is executed by quickly pressing up, down or down, up on the d pad. Whilst in a huge combo this has to be done incredibly fast and frequent.

This usually happens when me and my friend play for a few hours non-stop and lasts a few hours more. Does anybody else suffer from this affliction? Or do people actually use the analogue sticks? TH is the only game I don't.

Or are there any other game-related injuries that people have had?

PSN ID: clear_as_night
    "XBOX IS ABOUT TO BECOME THE NEXT WATER COOLER" ~ NANCY TELLEM, ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL MEDIA PRESIDENT OF MICROSOFT

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So that's why I see so many people use that technique on Skate 2 online. Cheap way to win points.

No, haven't suffered from this yet, but I use analogs.

Thread Information