Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Wil You be buying a Wii U?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 33.33%
  • No

25 46.30%
  • Still on the fence about it.

15 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Maybe. But def not on launch day.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I will get the Wii U. The potential price doesn't concern me (and I'm not even rich lol). What I'm concerned about is the power and life span of it. I am under the impression the power matches current gen consoles which means that it will be blown away when the PS4 and Xbox Next/720 drops. Nintendo admitted that two people using the tablet controllers on one system would cause slowdown, and that worries me. It's lineup looks great, but when Sony and MS drop their next-gen consoles, what we'll see is the Wii U being used as a "lowest common denominator" with multiplatform games with games being developed on the Wii U first then ported to the other next-gen systems, which will result in games being poorer than they can be, and the Wii U getting watered down versions of multiplatform games. I'm on the fence, leaning toward not getting it, but all it would take is for me to hear that it's getting Dead or Alive 5 and I'll be sold instantly as Team Ninja is my developer of choice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Day 1 purchase.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Once I see more content going to be available and more about the system itself, I might be getting one.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Retro Studios is working on "something" for the Wii U would love to know what it is

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Retro Studios is working on "something" for the Wii U would love to know what it is
    There's Retro, and I know Xenoblade Chronicles just released here (still gotta get that), but it's been finished a year or year and a half? So I'm sure Monolith Soft are working on something as well. Pikmin 3 and Mario Bros. U are going to be launch/launch window games, and Zelda's gonna be another year or 2. So you know they're gonna be busting out more games as well. And although we don't know what Sony and MS next systems will be like tech wise, they're nit coming out for at least a year, so at the very least, the Wii U should be getting multi platform releases of the top third party games as well for at least this next year.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    A few more things need to happen for me to consider buying it. For one the price needs to be right. Anything more than $300 (maybe even less) is asking too much for what they are currently offering(IMO).

I would like for WiiU controller to be the standard control scheme for all single player experience games. This doesn't mean that every that the game requires you to use the touch screen or that you can't use the Pro controller instead.

I am fine if they want to keep the Wiimote as a option. I just don't want to see it as a requirement anymore for games like Zelda. I am also fine if games like Wii fit(gimmick games basically) requires the Wiimote.

Not so much a requirement, but it would be nice to know we won't have to wait five years into the consoles life cycle for the next Zelda again. This kind of brings be to much next question. How are they going to handle going into HD graphics with games like Zelda?

Are they are going to be able to get their core first-party games out at a decent rate or are they going to struggle due to the switch to HD? If the later third-party support can end up playing a big part on if the console is a success or a failure.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Day 1 purchase.
    If not this then very soon after launch. Can't beat that good old Nintendo charm

9. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Nope. I have ZERO interest. I bought a Wii, was sucked in by the "motion" hype and it now collects dust as there are ZERO games which interest me. I will save my money for the next Xbox/Playstation instalments. Nintendo consoles stopped for me with the N64, which was in my opinion their last great console with a killer game line up.

8 years and counting!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Nope. I have ZERO interest. I bought a Wii, was sucked in by the "motion" hype and it now collects dust as there are ZERO games which interest me. I will save my money for the next Xbox/Playstation instalments. Nintendo consoles stopped for me with the N64, which was in my opinion their last great console with a killer game line up.
    That's the good thing about it for me, I wasn't sucked in for the motion controls. I knew the first party games were going to be ace, and the Wii didn't disappoint me in that area. The motion controls weren't that bad either.

12. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    That's the good thing about it for me, I wasn't sucked in for the motion controls. I knew the first party games were going to be ace, and the Wii didn't disappoint me in that area. The motion controls weren't that bad either.
    Exactly. I got the system because it's Nintendo, not the motion controls. Even though they are the reason I get the system, there were still lots of great 3rd party games. But as I said yesterday (not sure if this thread or another) maybe I'm just easy to please.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Not a 100% no, but its unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    I'm actually surprised at the poll. With all the negativity I see toward Nintendo in this forum, I thought the "no's" were gonna blow the "yes's" away

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Exactly. I got the system because it's Nintendo, not the motion controls. Even though they are the reason I get the system, there were still lots of great 3rd party games. But as I said yesterday (not sure if this thread or another) maybe I'm just easy to please.
    My problem is that every single game I wanted this gen (minus Zelda, Zelda is as good as bacon!) was on the 360/PS3. However, my Wii has received a bit of us by downloading classics from their vast library.

8 years and counting!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    My problem is that every single game I wanted this gen (minus Zelda, Zelda is as good as bacon!) was on the 360/PS3. However, my Wii has received a bit of us by downloading classics from their vast library.
    Yeah, that's bound to happen. Most devs put little to no effort in Wii development. Like I said, maybe it's just me, but there were quite a few bright spots in the Wii library from 3rd parties where you could tell they really wanted to make a game for it.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Nintendo is synonymous with Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, which will probably be why I don't get one till they pull some NEW and interesting IPs out their ass. I didn't expect Nintendo to pull a Microsoft at E3 and just show their old exclusive staples without anything fresh, seeing as it's a new console, but their $#@!ty Mario games could have been on Wii by the way they looked. I'll give it a year or two and see if things change, but I don't need a console for their tired golden oldies and new armor for a game I've already beaten (Batman: AC). The only saving grace for Wii 2 is the claims made by Gearbox who say that Aliens:CM will be best on Nintendo's console. However, seeing as i'm not really a graphics $#@! even that isn't enough.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I dont know if it was effort or just the lack of horse power the wii had but the first part titles as always were great on the wii

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    No - the wii was a complete waste of money for me so that was my last nintendo console (won't buy a 3ds either).

Tapatalkin'

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I have a 3ds and enjoy it very much its now getting great content and offers some fun online gaming. From what ive seen on the wii U the 3ds and wiiu are supposed to be able to interact with each other moreso than vita and ps3. it be great if nintendo would go into detail about that

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I will most likely wait until it has enough games to warrant a purchase.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Yes, because its Nintendo and they are cool
    Last edited by claud3; 07-19-2012 at 15:06.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    I will most likely wait until it has enough games to warrant a purchase.
    I like nintendo and ill be getting one but for the "hardcore" fan i dont see any games outside of ZombiU that would warrant a purchase by that kind of fan.

ZombiU looks great but generic to me then you go from that game to scamblenuts its like there is no middle ground which a Metroid or starfox would fill that gap.

The earlier rumors that was found to be false of retro doing a starfox/ metroid crossover wouldve been epic! Maybe even helped some people decided to get the console

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    I do want to...
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Ultimate Veteran
    If the wiiu is 299 i will get it day one..it looks good

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I like nintendo and ill be getting one but for the "hardcore" fan i dont see any games outside of ZombiU that would warrant a purchase by that kind of fan.

ZombiU looks great but generic to me then you go from that game to scamblenuts its like there is no middle ground which a Metroid or starfox would fill that gap.

The earlier rumors that was found to be false of retro doing a starfox/ metroid crossover wouldve been epic! Maybe even helped some people decided to get the console
    I read the preview of Scribblenauts on Nintendo Power the other day, and I'm actually pretty pumped for it now. Along with NSMBU and ZombiU, and the fact that I have 3 more FFs to go, that is more than enough to get me thru the first year of its release. Anything else released will just be backlogged

Thread Information