Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Wil You be buying a Wii U?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 33.33%
  • No

25 46.30%
  • Still on the fence about it.

15 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Will you be purchasing a Nintendo Wii U?

Simply question Will you be getting Nintendo's Wii U? Why or Why not.

Info on System:

Tech Specs (may change)
    Processors
    CPU: IBM Power7-based multi-core processor
    GPU: Custom AMD Radeon High Definition GPU
    The Wii U CPU is designed by IBM. It is described by IBM as an "all-new, Power-based microprocessor",[67] the processor is a multi-core design manufactured at 45 nm with an eDRAM cache. Although neither Nintendo nor IBM has revealed detailed specifications, such as the number of cores, clock rate, or cache sizes, references to the chip containing "a lot" of eDRAM and "the same processor technology found in Watson"[68] indicate that the processor shares some characteristics with IBM's POWER7 processor, which powers the Watson computer system and incorporates a large L3 eDRAM cache. The Wii U CPU will be produced by IBM at their 300 mm semiconductor manufacturing facility in East Fishkill, New York.[67]

Storage
    8 GB[citation needed] Internal flash memory, expandable via SD memory cards and USB hard disk drives
    Slot-loading optical disc drive compatible with 12 cm "proprietary high-density optical discs" (25GB per layer)[69][70] and 12 cm Wii optical discs
    Ports and peripheral capabilities
    SD memory card slot (supports SDHC cards)
    USB 2.0 ports (2 at front of console, 2 at rear)
    Sensor Bar power port
    "AV Multi Out" port
    HDMI 1.4 out port[54]

Wii U GamePad
    Built-in 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope
    Speakers and Microphone
    Front-facing camera
    IR Sensor strip
    6.2 inch (15.7 cm) 16:9 resistive touchscreen
    Two clickable analog sticks and one D-pad
    Stylus
    Select, Start, Home and Power buttons
    A/B/X/Y face buttons, L/R bumper buttons and ZL/ZR trigger buttons
    Rumble
    Controller sync button
    Bluetooth
    NFC[57]
    Note: The Wii U is also compatible with the Wii Remote Plus, Wii Nunchuk, Classic Controller, and the Wii Balance Board.[71] It has been announced through Nintendo Network that the Wii Remote Plus will still be used not only for Wii games, but as a new way to combine it with the experience brought by the tablet controller.
    Video
    1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576i (PAL Only), 480p, 480i, standard 4:3 and 16:9 anamorphic widescreen
    "AV Multi Out" port supporting composite video, YPBPR component video, S-Video (NTSC consoles only), RGB SCART (PAL consoles only) and D-Terminal (Japan only)
    HDMI 1.4 out port supporting stereoscopic 3D images.[54]
    Audio
    "AV Multi Out" port. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 08-02-2012 at 23:06.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    If the pricing is @ 300 bucks and black is avaiable on day 1 i will be purchasing this console. I already have a Wii and the fact that i can use all my Wii stuff with the Wii U is a selling point for me.

also Zelda in HD? Oh yeah!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Maybe..I might hate that there so wishy-washy about it being better than 360 and ps3 plus I was disappointed that there was no price and release date revealed in E3

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Wow, is there a poll in this thread lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    Maybe..I might hate that there so wishy-washy about it being better than 360 and ps3 plus I was disappointed that there was no price and release date revealed in E3
    It's more powerful. Don't know by how much, but it is. It's just people hating on Nintendo is the way I see it. And yeah it sucks that they didn't announce it then. But they usually have a conference in the fall for that stuff.

And yes I'll be getting one, although unsure if at launch. Price point and my financial status at the time will determine it. I'm hoping for $300.

To answer your question, there isn't anything right now that makes me want to pick up Nintendo's newest console. I guess I'm only really interested in the Metroid franchise but they have yet to announce their latest game.
    Yeah I'm really surprised they didn't show anything from Metroid. I knew they weren't going to show Zelda or Smash, but I thought Mario and Metroid, or another rarely used franchise would've made an appearance.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    So many rumors about how it is more powerful then how its not...Just release the thing already so I can know for sure! smh

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Lol that and some solid Ip's and I might be sold.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    ZombiU looks really good. Ill most likely get the Mario game cause my gf will want to play it with me...lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    Not to be that guy but you might want to remove poll at the end of your thread title. It's added automatically when you create one for the thread.

Also, you guys should check out the thread I stickied a while back, concerning the big list of confirmed Wii U games.

To answer your question, there isn't anything right now that makes me want to pick up Nintendo's newest console. I guess I'm only really interested in the Metroid franchise but they have yet to announce their latest game.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Not with their current lineup. Maybe if they bring out some solid IPs and show graphics that are better than what we see on PS3 and 360. Not holding my breath for either though.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Fixed title of thread*

Intially with this Console i was hoping it would serve the same purpose my PS3 does as far as being the centerpiece for my living room entertainment.

I own a Wii and Ps3 cause PS3 games i want to play Nintendo Wii doesnt get or isnt powerful enough. So far from what is out there doesnt look like this is gonna be the case with the Wii U.

I may have to get a PS4 and Wii U in this upcoming Generation.

I would've like to see Starfox launch title more first party titles other than Pikman and NSMB's if it was going to be a mario title should've been a 3d platformer instead of the side scrolling mario we have been getting lately.

im looking forward to see how the tablet controller is used in games coming out for the system the video chat seems cool but i doubt i use it much especially to talk to someone i dont know.

Also im hoping Nintendo Land is a pack in title i think that would be a smart move on nintendo's part much like the Wii Sports for Wii

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Also im hoping Nintendo Land is a pack in title i think that would be a smart move on nintendo's part much like the Wii Sports for Wii
    Same here. I think that will go a long way in helping it sell. It's not going to be Wii Sports popular, but I think it'll help.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I have yet to read any proof its more powerful then the PS3/360.

But that doesnt matter. Right now the ONLY WiiU game that I am 100% interested in is Pikmin 3. Not about to throw down a few hundred for one game so, right now atleast, its a firm no.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I have yet to read any proof its more powerful then the PS3/360.

But that doesnt matter. Right now the ONLY WiiU game that I am 100% interested in is Pikmin 3. Not about to throw down a few hundred for one game so, right now atleast, its a firm no.
    Pretty much these claims/rumors have been coming from developers working on the system. I think its going to be a while until they can unlock the true potenial of the Wii U much like the PS3

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    I will not be purchasing a WiiU. I don't hate Nintendo or anything but after having the Wii for a few months i lost interest in anything Nintendo.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    I will not be purchasing a WiiU. I don't hate Nintendo or anything but after having the Wii for a few months i lost interest in anything Nintendo.

I know ALOT of friends of mine with a Wii in that same boat. To Be honest with the wii when i first got it all i did was play Gamecube games on it I had missed out on while i was in college. The only time i use the wii is when i have my couple friends over or family so i still play it about 3 or 4 times a week but my Ps3 is almost everyday and tomorrow im off so i'll be playing all day with it lol.

Nintendo has done a horrible job trying to explain the Wii U im still confused but its oneof those things im going to have to get hands on with to understand i guess

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    No I won't be..I'm kinda happy with what I have right now and I don't have that new hardware itch at the moment. Will probably get it when it sees it's first price drop and has a big collection of games to choose from

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    I know ALOT of friends of mine with a Wii in that same boat. To Be honest with the wii when i first got it all i did was play Gamecube games on it I had missed out on while i was in college. The only time i use the wii is when i have my couple friends over or family so i still play it about 3 or 4 times a week but my Ps3 is almost everyday and tomorrow im off so i'll be playing all day with it lol.

Nintendo has done a horrible job trying to explain the Wii U im still confused but its oneof those things im going to have to get hands on with to understand i guess
    Your right, they have done a terrible job informing us about the WiiU. Add that to the total of 2 games i absolutely loved on the Wii (SSB: Brawl and the 4 player Mario brothers), it doesn't really seem worth the investment to me.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Your right, they have done a terrible job informing us about the WiiU. Add that to the total of 2 games i absolutely loved on the Wii (SSB: Brawl and the 4 player Mario brothers), it doesn't really seem worth the investment to me.

Really? That's it? I know the Wii was faaaar from perfect, but I thought there were plenty of great games

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Im really hoping for some "impact" announcements for the Wii U but in the back of my head i know its most likely not gonna happen.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Really? That's it? I know the Wii was faaaar from perfect, but I thought there were plenty of great games
    For ME yes. Not saying it was a terrible system or that people didn't enjoy it, but MY experience with it wasn't pleasant. I'm a hard guy to please lol.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    For ME yes. Not saying it was a terrible system or that people didn't enjoy it, but MY experience with it wasn't pleasant. I'm a hard guy to please lol.

Lol. Or I'm just easy to please

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I will most likely wait until it has enough games to warrant a purchase.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    I will most likely wait until it has enough games to warrant a purchase.
    I like nintendo and ill be getting one but for the "hardcore" fan i dont see any games outside of ZombiU that would warrant a purchase by that kind of fan.

ZombiU looks great but generic to me then you go from that game to scamblenuts its like there is no middle ground which a Metroid or starfox would fill that gap.

The earlier rumors that was found to be false of retro doing a starfox/ metroid crossover wouldve been epic! Maybe even helped some people decided to get the console

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    I like nintendo and ill be getting one but for the "hardcore" fan i dont see any games outside of ZombiU that would warrant a purchase by that kind of fan.

ZombiU looks great but generic to me then you go from that game to scamblenuts its like there is no middle ground which a Metroid or starfox would fill that gap.

The earlier rumors that was found to be false of retro doing a starfox/ metroid crossover wouldve been epic! Maybe even helped some people decided to get the console
    I read the preview of Scribblenauts on Nintendo Power the other day, and I'm actually pretty pumped for it now. Along with NSMBU and ZombiU, and the fact that I have 3 more FFs to go, that is more than enough to get me thru the first year of its release. Anything else released will just be backlogged

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Lol. Or I'm just easy to please
    Lol that can be the case. I'm sure by now there are a lot of great games but i lost interest awhile back

Thread Information