Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Dota 2

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Completed the surveys, hopefully i will get an i invite. Im quiet interested in this game, hopefully its better than lol cause i didnt like it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Completed the surveys, hopefully i will get an i invite. Im quiet interested in this game, hopefully its better than lol cause i didnt like it very much.
    Depends on what you mean by "better". LoL is a simplified version of DotA, you can read PCGamer's review to get a better ideea of what to expect.

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/dota-2-review/
    Last edited by vladTGS; 09-23-2012 at 09:48.

3. Likes *goo likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Hadn't read that review before, pretty good.

The abuse he speaks of can be a nightmare, though. It's definitely something that seems to plague the community which will invariably hurt the game. Valve need to find a way to stamp it out significantly.

Kind of a necro post? I'm sorry but this is just awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrF8N...&feature=g-u-u

Diretide doesn't add to your win/loss ratio, it's just fun and you get 1 item at the end of the game, you get 2 if you win the candy game haha . I encourage everyone that is part of the DotA 2 beta to try this mode. Have a happy halloween.

Elite Guru
    I have a Dota 2 gift to give away to one lucky person. If you're interested, please post up. I'll be looking to have the 'winner' receive it by 10pm GMT today so this will be a short giveaway.

To qualify, please ensure:

• You don't already have the game on any Steam account, I'd like it to go to someone who hasn't played (I rely on your honesty )
    • You provide the country you live in, the key is restricted - doesn't appear to include USA or Great Britain, sorry but out of my control
    • You are able to provide your Steam ID so I can add you as a friend and send it on (don't have to post the ID when you're noting interest)

That's it. Have at it.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I also have two gift codes and will give them away. The only requirements is that you dont have the game already xD.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    True story, I still don't understand what DOTA is and have never bothered to look into it.

Elite Guru
    No takers? For one of the best games I've played in a long time?

Okay, if you're interested; I've now got 3 to give away Lol.

Make sure you're in one of the following countries and let me know you want it. First come first served.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Varsh gave me one a week or 2 back and just installed it and set it up but only wtched people play

Looks nice runs great but me still using that crappy monitor at 1024x768 res causes problems, the text is far too small to read in some instances.

defo buyign a new monitor now.

You can play with bots to get the hang of the game as it has a hard learning curve even if you've played other MOBAs or ARTS.

Supreme Veteran
    Bots suck in comparison to humans in my experience. I have played many bots in FPS on their hardest modes beaten them and then played humans still be annihilated.

Well ,early on, in DotA bots don't suck, they can teach you the mechanics of the game. To get you started: Welcome to DotA, you suck.

Elite Guru
    I'd agree with Vlad. Playing bots isn't so much for the challenge per se, it's for the experience of the game mechanics - there's a lot to learn. Plus, you'll probably not win against them at the outset - even on an easy setting.

For info. I got rid of my 3 Dota 2 keys, though it was a nightmare. I started a discussion thread in the game's Hub and the smurf accounts came out the woodwork. Despite that, I managed to link them up with people that will actually use them!

Supreme Veteran
    I ssuck at these type of games anyway. Played command conquer years ago on PS1 with a friend and he wiped the floor with me and didn't own the game.

what are smurf accounts?

Elite Guru
    A smurf account is a duplicate account made up by someone. Most of the requests I was getting asking for a key were players who had set up the Steam account that day. Clearly, not their main account.

Dota 2 has lots of RTS elements but at it's core, it's a multi-player game. Get past the initial learning curve and it's a gem. Although, there's lots to learn (I'm over 80 hours played and learn something with every single game I play).

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I have 4 gift codes to give away. PM me if interested, i have no other use for them.

Supreme Veteran
    How do I change all my controls? The "customize" tb has vanished, I only managed to use the correct resolution by deleting the "video" file in the config folder.

DOH never mind I noticed the cog in top left but thats where fraps FPS counter was so couldnt see it until I looked at pictur just now.

Last edited by keefy; 12-16-2012 at 14:25. Reason: found the "cog"

http://www.dota2.com/frostivus/

Awesome new mode incoming.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Almost forgot I had this. Who else is playing? I'm usually on the SE Asian servers and I'm fairly new (read : I suck).
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Anybody needs codes? I have plenty left...

Thread Information