Master Guru

Could the New PS3 Slim be the Wii HD? New PS Move as standard controller? (Patent)

Configurable PlayStation Move Patent that was filed in 2009 has been updated today
    & with the New PlayStation Slim set to be unveiled next Month this has me thinking could Sony be planning to sell the New PlayStation Slim with the Move Controller as the standard controls like Nintendo did 6 years ago when they updated the GameCube with new controls & new features as the Wii. or maybe this will just be the PlayStation Move for the PS4.

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Unless they can come up with something much more intuitive than the Move...I wouldn't make this mistake.

Those concepts do look interesting though. I'm all for controller-less gaming but if you gotta badass controller, that would be a more natural jump.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    They wouldn't make that mistake

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Ultimate Veteran
    Why would they get a patren when the move is allready on the market for 2 years or more unless itsa mini move.plus its to late this generation to do this and it would be a mistake

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    They wouldn't make that mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Unless they can come up with something much more intuitive than the Move...I wouldn't make this mistake.

Those concepts do look interesting though. I'm all for controller-less gaming but if you gotta badass controller, that would be a more natural jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    Why would they get a patren when the move is allready on the market for 2 years or more unless itsa mini move.plus its to late this generation to do this and it would be a mistake

How would it be a mistake? it will still be like a DS3 with the buttons.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    This looks ridiculous.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    Not to mention, if they're gonna stick with Move going into the PS4, then this would be a good way to more out there
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    This looks ridiculous.
    I agree. Just give me my DS3.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    I hope not and I know this isn't really the popular opinion going around with console owners lately. The Wii was the first Nintendo console that I skipped because of motion controls and the PS4 would become the first PlayStation console that I skip if Move becomes the standard controller. I am just not a fan of motion controls and with how my TV is set up I couldn't set the camera/sensor bar/etc. in the ideal location anyways.

If there is one thing I am really not looking forward to next gen it is that everyone seems to be jumping onto the motion control bandwagon. Rather than just the PS4 it might be the first time I just skipped a generation of consoles(which would probably result in just giving up console gaming all together).

If they want to do a touchscreen controller like the WiiU I am perfectly fine with that. I can even live with the controller having some motion control feature as long as it is limited to small portions of the game and don't have you swinging/waving the controller around as a sword, wand, stick, knife, gun, etc.

Superior Member

I could see them doing this. I don't think it will be the default controller however. Perhaps on a limited edition sku...we have those already but not totally. It is helpful in keeping the cost of the sku down because they wouldn't have a sixaxis in there as well.

I enjoy my move controller. Sure it isn't my primary gaming method but "The Fight" is a fun workout...I'm sweating through that game. I enjoy some HR durby in MLB 12 and Killzone 3 was epic with the sharpshooter...better than playing with the controller and that is from a long time fps junkie. Heck even got my 65 year old dad to play Time Crisis with me with the sharp shooter....and he was lights out good. My wife has done the Singstar game and played some LBP2 with me so to be honest....while standard sixaxis is my go to controller for COD and Battlefield my primary games the "Move" is the only way I can get non-gamers to play with me and we all have a good time.

This update to the "Move" looks pretty good to me. Definately if a "Move" can be used as a standard controller it lowers the entrance barriers for many because if they don't like motion controls it still holds value.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    I hope not and I know this isn't really the popular opinion going around with console owners lately. The Wii was the first Nintendo console that I skipped because of motion controls and the PS4 would become the first PlayStation console that I skip if Move becomes the standard controller. I am just not a fan of motion controls and with how my TV is set up I couldn't set the camera/sensor bar/etc. in the ideal location anyways.

If there is one thing I am really not looking forward to next gen it is that everyone seems to be jumping onto the motion control bandwagon. Rather than just the PS4 it might be the first time I just skipped a generation of consoles(which would probably result in just giving up console gaming all together).

If they want to do a touchscreen controller like the WiiU I am perfectly fine with that. I can even live with the controller having some motion control feature as long as it is limited to small portions of the game and don't have you swinging/waving the controller around as a sword, wand, stick, knife, gun, etc.
    I said the PS3 Slim & you would still be able to play games without motion controls.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    I said the PS3 Slim & you would still be able to play games without motion controls.
    You were talking about this becoming the standard controller for the new PS3 Slim or the Move for the PS4. I realize you didn't say the standard controller for the PS3 but some others commented on it.

I doubt they would pack in both controllers due to cost. Even packing in just the Move controller could effect if there is a price drop with the new PS3 Slim or not.

If it does end up being the packed in(standard controller) for the new PS3 Slim I think this is a good hint of what they are planning to do for the PS4(standard motion controller). If this ends up being the case the Move controller will become of a requirement rather than a option for most games.

Veteran
    There has been the idea of a break-apart DS3 controller for some time. There was news awhile back that Sony had software now that could allow for much smaller Move balls. It wouldn't be a surprise to see this as a new accessory during Gamescom. With the super slim and this break-apart DS3 / Move controller, it would be like a PS3.5, especially showing Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls level of graphics at the conference.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Forum Overseer
    Well, that's why I implied that if it's a natural progression of the standard controller then I'd be all for it...but if it's clunky like the Move then a big no.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    looks interesting. perhaps it could be the design for the next version of move? combine this with a faster, higher resolution camera and the augmented reality glasses patent and we could have the next great leap in virtual reality (most likely in ps4)

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Soldier 95B
    As long as it still comes with a traditional controller, works for me.

Thread Information