PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Who thinks Battlefield 4 could be a PS4 launch title?

Hey guys,

We've been speculating on PSU.com about whether Battlefield 4 could be a launch title for PS4, or perhaps be ported to Sony's new console later down the line.

An article is now up on the homepage regarding this subject. It's brief, but should get tongues wagging since I think it's something to consider.

The first three paragraphs are below, as is the link to the full article.

"Industry behemoth Electronic Arts surprised everyone this week by letting the cat out of the bag on the next instalment in DICE’s Battlefield franchise. While no details were revealed on the military shooter, EA confirmed that those who pre-order Medal of Honor: Warfighter will gain access to Battlefield 4’s beta in fall 2013. Platforms, as well as a release date for BF4 have yet to be confirmed, though that hasn’t stopped the rumor mill from cranking into overdrive regarding potential formats.

EA has previously touted it would never force DICE to annualise the Battlefield franchise, and indeed this seems to be the case. With Battlefield 3 launching last year to critical and commercial success, EA is giving MoH the spotlight for 2012, while smart money says Battlefield 4 will arrive late next year. While many were perhaps expecting something along the lines of Bad Company, a fully-fledged sequel is hardly a surprise given how successful BF3 proved. However, we’re still none the wiser as to what platforms the game will turn up on; a PS3/360/PC release is a given, but is it that hard to imagine the game making the transition to next-gen formats too? We think not.

Next-generation consoles are hotly tipped for a late 2013/early 2014 launch, making Battlefield 4 an ideal launch title for both PS3’s successor and the new Xbox. Aside from perhaps Call of Duty, Battlefield is the most prolific FPS series around, and would surely sweeten the deal for early adopters looking to make the next-gen jump. The fact the beta kicks off in autumn 2013 means the full product can’t be too far around the corner, and ties in neatly with the purported launch window of PS4 and Xbox 720.

http://www.psu.com/a016169/Could-Bat...4-launch-title
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I say No PS4=2015

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Maybe...I see if as a next gen game though.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Harradence View Post
    Hey guys,

We've been speculating on PSU.com about whether Battlefield 4 could be a launch title for PS4, or perhaps be ported to Sony's new console later down the line.

An article is now up on the homepage regarding this subject. It's brief, but should get tongues wagging since I think it's something to consider.

The first three paragraphs are below, as is the link to the full article.

"Industry behemoth Electronic Arts surprised everyone this week by letting the cat out of the bag on the next instalment in DICE’s Battlefield franchise. While no details were revealed on the military shooter, EA confirmed that those who pre-order Medal of Honor: Warfighter will gain access to Battlefield 4’s beta in fall 2013. Platforms, as well as a release date for BF4 have yet to be confirmed, though that hasn’t stopped the rumor mill from cranking into overdrive regarding potential formats.

EA has previously touted it would never force DICE to annualise the Battlefield franchise, and indeed this seems to be the case. With Battlefield 3 launching last year to critical and commercial success, EA is giving MoH the spotlight for 2012, while smart money says Battlefield 4 will arrive late next year. While many were perhaps expecting something along the lines of Bad Company, a fully-fledged sequel is hardly a surprise given how successful BF3 proved. However, we’re still none the wiser as to what platforms the game will turn up on; a PS3/360/PC release is a given, but is it that hard to imagine the game making the transition to next-gen formats too? We think not.

Next-generation consoles are hotly tipped for a late 2013/early 2014 launch, making Battlefield 4 an ideal launch title for both PS3’s successor and the new Xbox. Aside from perhaps Call of Duty, Battlefield is the most prolific FPS series around, and would surely sweeten the deal for early adopters looking to make the next-gen jump. The fact the beta kicks off in autumn 2013 means the full product can’t be too far around the corner, and ties in neatly with the purported launch window of PS4 and Xbox 720.

http://www.psu.com/a016169/Could-Bat...4-launch-title
    it depends, I personally think it will launch on all systems PS3, PS4, Xbox360 and Xbox(soandso). unless of course the PS4 will be able to play PS3 games along with the 360 etc etc. either that or it will be the very last game on the PS3 and if PS4 is pretty close I wont waste my money on BF4. heck, I didn't even by there scam premium.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It could be out on the next console... it'll sure be interesting either way.

Veteran
    We definitely need to let EA/DICE know we want BF4 to come out for next gen consoles.

7. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    if it does and it's only 24, 32, or 40, they can keep the game.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I think Battlefield 4 is going to suck.

10. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Who else thinks it will launch in a paid beta stage like BF3?
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Ancient
    No lol
    Its a PS3 title and not the last BF game either, thou BF5 will likely be released for both current/nextgen

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Superior Member

It would be great if it is. My mates would love to play on a new console without screaming little prepubescent kids blaring crappy music and ruining the games. I remember the launch of PS3 and how expensive it was....only real gamers were playing back then. Great times....

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I definitely think it'll be a next gen game. The next gen CoD is already in the works and DICE/EA aims to be ready aswell.
    And since frostbite 2 was next gen ready, development time would have been fairly short

Thread Information