Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTenth666 View Post
    And thus Microsoft trying to get exclusivity on a game strikes again, after half finished Infinite undiscovery and Last remnant, FFvsXIII is canceled as development was made impossible as the developers had no idea which platform they were developing for.
    Microsoft shouldn't have had anything in the game business to start with, hell they shouldn't even develop anything at all with their pathetic bugged and user un-friendly OS.
    Oh please.

I understand fans frustration, but surely if they announce another FF game that will make you happy?
    Are people pissed becuase its a FF game cancelled or are they pissed because it was an exclusives FF game cancelled?

Or possibly getting cancelled.

Its not like this is the first and only FF games this generation.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-20-2012 at 21:38.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Ultimate Veteran
    FFXIII has been utter dreck for a lot of fans. As such, Vs XIII is promising. We've seen enough to get our hopes up. There are also rumors going around that FFXIII-3 will be announced on September 1st.

In other words, if you didn't like XIII... You're screwed. XIV was so bad that it has to be re-launched, too. Versus was pretty much the last hope for a lot of fans such as myself.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

3. Likes AaronSOLDIER wishes they had posted this first.
    Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Funny how everybody is acting like their mom died even though NOTHING has been confirmed and all we have is a Kotaku rumor...

5. Likes Cyklops, Ghost wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Guys, have some common sense: they wouldn't have released vXIII DLC for Theatrhythm if they wanted people to forget about it. Cancellation ISN'T happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyklops View Post
    Guys, it's Kotaku. Kagari over at GAF is reporting that she heard differently just a month ago that the game will be re-revealed at TGS this year.
    Can I dare to hope now?

Please SE don't let all the resources go to waste. Just make it FFXV
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Oh please.

I understand fans frustration, but surely if they announce another FF game that will make you happy?
    Are people pissed becuase its a FF game cancelled or are they pissed because it was an exclusives FF game cancelled?

They are pissed because this was quite possibly the best FF this generation

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    FFXIII has been utter dreck for a lot of fans. As such, Vs XIII is promising. We've seen enough to get our hopes up. There are also rumors going around that FFXIII-3 will be announced on September 1st.

In other words, if you didn't like XIII... You're screwed. XIV was so bad that it has to be re-launched, too. Versus was pretty much the last hope for a lot of fans such as myself.
    Gotcha, a game with hope then.
    Well, you never know they might bring something else out that does the trick. Its not as if th emechanics of the game couldnt be translated ot something else.
    I usually find the games with the most hype fail to move me as much as the ones that blindside me.
    Expectation is almost always greater than reality I find.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyklops View Post
    Guys, it's Kotaku. Kagari over at GAF is reporting that she heard differently just a month ago that the game will be re-revealed at TGS this year.
    When theres little to no evidence the game is even coming, I'm inclined to trust nothing until TGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Funny how everybody is acting like their mom died even though NOTHING has been confirmed and all we have is a Kotaku rumor...
    Considering we haven't heard much of anything, its not hard to believe. Also the fact for a lot of us Versus was one of the many reasons we got a PS3 in the first place, only for time and time again it gets put on teh back burners. It kind of sucks.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    I would keep in mind that it's still a rumor. It would be terrible news though, if true. Apart from MotorStorm and Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy Versus XIII was another reason I decided to pick up the PS3 many years ago.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    If SE doesn't deny it in the next few days then it must be true. How many companies announced that they cancel a game? They just don't speak of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    If SE doesn't deny it in the next few days then it must be true. How many companies announced that they cancel a game? They just don't speak of it.
    It's called a 'silent cancel' so that the stock prices don't go down.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Oh please.

They, I mean we, are pissed because a developer that's very dear to us has been very poor lately and the only hope we had left was Versus. If Versus is truly cancelled, then our hope that SE can still do great games will be mostly lost.

On a separate note, it seems odd to me that SE would want to "quietly shelve" the project, and that's where the story gets a bit strange to me. You could probably do that to a small game, but is SE really that naive to think that nobody will notice the game disappeared?

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I'm thinking it's just that much harder to make an open world game nowadays. But this reminds me of what Human Head Studios might be doing with Prey 2. The game was rumored to have been cancelled but Bethesda followed this up by saying the game didn't meet their quality standards at the time. A couple months later and no one seems to be talking about it anymore.

Still, I don't think we should be worried about Final Fantasy Versus XIII's situation unless we don't end up seeing it at the Tokyo Game Show, or whatever special event Square Enix wants to hold (which is, if I'm not mistaken, when we last saw footage of the game back in January of 2011).
    Last edited by Black; 07-21-2012 at 01:09.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Maybe they thought it couldn't live up to the immense hype that was surrounding Versus... But who knows. Someone mentioned that a FFVersus song is DLC is the rhythm game? That's really strange, but does give me hope

Via Tapatalk

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    Items Yuna3d dot game heroesFinal Fantasy Tactics
    This would be a very stupid move for Square-Enix. If they do cancel it, then what is the point of releasing that song for the Theatrhythm game? This move would cost them dearly - fans, their stocks, and reputation. It would be difficult for Square-Enix to recover if the cancellation turned out to be true.

Let's just hope this is all a false rumor spread around by bad reporting.

3DS: 1161-0781-8406
    STEAM: LadyDuoMaxwell

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Yep, so basically, its up to them to debunk this.
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    lol, I was half expecting this anyway, not too surprised though, SE are major ****ups this gen and haven't produced a single 10/10 worthy game for PS3, no way in hell will I be buying any of their future games except for the handhelds. From here on, the Tales of series will probably destroy FF in Japan which it recently did with XIII-2, it seems they've had enough of the BS so its basically going to be catered towards the west where it seems people can't stop buying their games no matter what. Wonder what Sakaguchi is thinking, bet he's so glad he ditched the company when he did, must be terrible though, spending years of your life creating a masterpiece series, only for it to later end up as a milked turd.
    Yeah, the Tales studio is doing an outstanding job with their JRPG's. I've reiterated this before but Square Enix seriously needs to sit down and learn from these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite
    I'm thinking it's just that much harder to make an open world game nowadays. But this reminds me of what Human Head Studios might be doing with Prey 2. The game was rumored to have been cancelled but Bethesda followed this up by saying the game didn't meet their quality standards at the time. A couple months later and no one seems to be talking about it anymore.

Still, I don't think we should be worried about Final Fantasy Versus XIII's situation unless we don't end up seeing it at the Tokyo Game Show, or whatever special event Square Enix wants to hold (which is, if I'm not mistaken, when we last saw footage of the game back in January of 2011).
    Play, Just Cause 2 and you'll see that these guys can pull off an RPG with a monstrous open world. Hell, they should let Eidos Montreal try their hand on a Final Fantasy game(Then again, Just Cause 2 had the worse character lineup and story on a sandbox game so..). I really do hope that this is just a rumor.

Master Guru
    Items User name style
    This is what I think

• The Final Fantasy game being announced in September has nothing to do with Versus XIII, it's closing the chapter on the Lightning saga since XIII-2 saw a positive turn from XIII. The community has even said the ending for XIII-2 hints to a sequel. The board at SE and Wada want to milk XIII as much as they can while it holds interest, just like Call of Duty. It's been a long time since SE has shown any profits, their acquisition of Eidos has helped them recover. Expect to see a huge campaign for XIII-3 in both Japan and the US, DLC up the ass
    • Tetsuya Nomura didn't want to come clean when he asked the community to be patient in regards to VersusXIII, at that time it was most likely unknown with what they were doing with the game since it was in development hell and he still needs to finish Kingdom Hearts 3 before the gen is over. Since the game was originally a PS3 exclusive they wouldn't be able to release it on the WiiU, instead kill it and use the resources for a new IP Final Fantasy XV
    • They were trying to do too much with the game, it became a huge ball of rubber bands inside a spiderweb. Nomura said it himself, when you try something new it takes time, that was just smoke but he's to blame for this. The Final Fantasy series needed new blood to rekindle the fire and that was supposed to be VersusXIII, however, due to the success of XIII-2 SE instead turned to it instead and said hey since VersusXIII is taking so long lets kill it and use the resources for XV and put it on the WiiU, no more exclusivity to Sony because that IP is now dead however it's assets are not

This thread reminds me of when they announced XIII for the 360

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

Superior Member
    http://thesilentchief.com/2012/07/20...d-not-so-fast/

While Square Enix does have a track record this gen for not publically confirming a game’s fate, see The Last Remnant for PS3, other insiders are crying foul to Kotaku’s claim.

Senior US Editor for RPGSite.net ( and a resourceful source for all things Square Enix ) Erren Van Duine responded to the rumor on Neogaf, stating that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is alive and kicking and will be shown at this year’s Tokyo Game Show.
    [The Kotaku rumor] goes against information I was told quite recently, which was that Nomura is hard at work on the game and something of it will be shown at TGS.

Conflicting reports from different sources isn’t enough to prove or disprove anything as far as Final Fantasy Versus XIII is concerned. In the end of the day, it’s ultimately up to Square Enix to put these rumors to rest. And with the Final Fantasy 25th anniversary taking place before the TGS, perhaps we won’t have long to wait before the fate of FFVsXIII is known.

http://thesilentchief.com/2012/07/20...d-not-so-fast/
    PLayStation.3

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    The only game I'm getting from SE this year is FF3 for PSP, and they even screwed that up by giving us the ****ty 3D version.

yay, next gen!

Dedicated Member
    Guys guys guys guys guys guys guys listen. Just listen.........................................

First off, I don't completely believe that Versus XIII has been canceled. This is just a Kotaku rumor. And kotaku is a very fanboyish rumor fillled website that will update just about anything, just to get some attention. Also remember, they just gave Theatherum (how ever u spell that stupid game's title) a DLC from VersusXIII's soundtrack. So I'd wait for TGS to buy into all this.

With that said let me say this.................................

FINAL FANTASY versus XIII hasn't proven one godamn thing that it will be a great (or even good) video game. It's hard to even call it a "game" because it's not out yet, theres no demo, no sign of a demo, and we barely even know if a quarter of the game has even been completed. If anything Versus has only proven that SE is still king of pretty visual effects with movies, crazy hair, and nice character designs.

VersusXIII has been nothing but empty promises. People have been lead to believe that it's the second coming of the FF series, and it could be, but the problem is that all of the concepts Nomura wants to put in this game are just that, CONCEPTS. He said he wanted interactive cutscenes, a "large world" (whatever the F that means). SE trying to make it look good with Noctis shooting a billions swords all over the place. And to this day there has only been ONE trailer showing any gameplay and that was like what, over a year ago? And the gameplay looked like KH1 and 2 with just hack n slash repetitive BS with stupid face animations on screen in some dumb menu.

I can understand people being mad at SE for this "cancelation" but for me I'm more dissapointed then mad because Versus was nothing but a concept that may never come to fruition. But I think you guys have put too much faith in this game, too much hype in this game, said it was the second coming of FF far too long for this game. Praised the game just because it's darker, even going so far as to put it above the original FFXIII BEFORE we knew XIII was a linear mess at it's release.

How about this, let's look forward to the next TRUE installment of FF with FINAL FANTASY XV, and stop putting our hopes in dreams in these silly side projects SE throws at us. VersusXIII why don't you prove your a good GAME by actually releasing, until then you've only proved your a good IDEA.

~Disclaimer: my name has nothing to do with this game~

22. Likes Thorzilla, mynd wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    I can understand people being mad at SE for this "cancelation" but for me I'm more dissapointed then mad because Versus was nothing but a concept that may never come to fruition. But I think you guys have put too much faith in this game, too much hype in this game, said it was the second coming of FF far too long for this game. Praised the game just because it's darker, even going so far as to put it above the original FFXIII BEFORE we knew XIII was a linear mess at it's release.

How about this, let's look forward to the next TRUE installment of FF with FINAL FANTASY XV, and stop putting our hopes in dreams in these silly side projects SE throws at us. VersusXIII why don't you prove your a good GAME by actually releasing, until then you've only proved your a good IDEA.
    Why look forward to FFXV? You can say the same stuff you said about VersusXIII about FFXV and more. At least with VersusXIII you wouldn't have to buy a new console to play it.

I don't think it has been about "the second coming of FF" for a long time now. I think it has more to do with "does SE still have what it takes to make a good rpg" than it does VersusXIII being the next FF7. This is something some, if not most, would probably like answered before investing hundreds of dollars in a new console to play the next FF.

24. Likes VayMasters86 wishes they had posted this first.
    Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    Why look forward to FFXV? You can say the same stuff you said about VersusXIII about FFXV and more. At least with VersusXIII you wouldn't have to buy a new console to play it.

I don't think it has been about "the second coming of FF" for a long time now. I think it has more to do with "does SE still have what it takes to make a good rpg" than it does VersusXIII being the next FF7. This is something some, if not most, would probably like answered before investing hundreds of dollars in a new console to play the next FF.
    My sentiments exactly. I thought VIII was just a little lacking in game play mechanics, I found IX to be a little bit too light, much like the "Advanced" games relative to the original Tactics, and X imo just didn't shine in any area, but I expected that since it was the first on the ps2. (skipping online versions) I liked XII, as an RPG, but not as an FF, and Versus has been my number one must have game since it first debuted with XIII in the number 2 slot, that was until reviews of the game came out and I realized that it is what it is.

The look and concept of Versus screams FFVI to me, which is the best one, btw.

Why would it make me so mad? Well, SE continually has been coming out with excuses as to why they can't do this, or they can't do that when other developers are doing it, and in much shorter time frame, the whole time teasing us with Versus, only to turn around and decide to not inform us that it was been cancelled? That's an insult to their fans. And if they do announce the cancellation, instead of playing these childish games, and still go on to release FFXIII and sequels that only solve as many issues that it causes, just shows me that they're fine with releasing mediocre, and they are clearly a shadow of their former selves. So it's time for me to move on.

I wonder if this is how Rihianna felt.....
    Last edited by VayMasters86; 07-21-2012 at 05:27.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Dedicated Member
    VayMaster, care to explain in detail what problems you had with my post? My post explains to situation pretty darn accurate. VersusXIII hasn't proven anything. People put it on a pedestal without any real concrete details on the actual game.

Superior Member

VayMaster, care to explain in detail what problems you had with my post? My post explains to situation pretty darn accurate. VersusXIII hasn't proven anything. People put it on a pedestal without any real concrete details on the actual game.
    Lmao, an accidental touch pad "click". Fixed.

No, you're right, it hasn't proven anything, but you can get an idea of the game based on aesthetics, IP's history, developer, game type label. That's reality, and their problem unfortunately, if they release the game and it's nothing like what anyone expects, or is a total let down, then they need to have a talk with their marketing department.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Master Guru
    Items User name style
    It was due to how Square was marketing the game, a dark Final Fantasy was never done so it was pure hype . Shame on Nomura and SE marketing

The only thing SE cares about is making money , they don't care about the fans or there would've been a FFVII remake by now. VersusXIII was in development hell costing them too much money on the other hand XIII-2 was making the investors happy. Milk the cow until it's dry and they'll be ready for XV
    Last edited by Shin Asura; 07-21-2012 at 06:12.

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    Lmao, an accidental touch pad "click". Fixed.

No, you're right, it hasn't proven anything, but you can get an idea of the game based on aesthetics, IP's history, developer, game type label. That's reality, and their problem unfortunately, if they release the game and it's nothing like what anyone expects, or is a total let down, then they need to have a talk with their marketing department.
    Oh snap! lol No problem XD

Thread Information