Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Asura View Post
    It was due to how Square was marketing the game, a dark Final Fantasy was never done so it was pure hype . Shame on Nomura and SE marketing

The only thing SE cares about is making money , they don't care about the fans or there would've been a FFVII remake by now. VersusXIII was in development hell costing them too much money on the other hand XIII-2 was making the investors happy. Milk the cow until it's dry and they'll be ready for XV
    I wouldn't really describe it as dark so much as....grounded, maybe truthful. It looked like it was going to do for FF what Batman Begins did for the Batman Movie franchise. The gameplay that they showed seemed to just push what I was expecting of it since the first trailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

2. Likes Suzano-O likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    I wouldn't really describe it as dark so much as....grounded, maybe truthful. It looked like it was going to do for FF what Batman Begins did for the Batman Movie franchise. The gameplay that they showed seemed to just push what I was expecting of it since the first trailer.
    You sound young to the series , do some research

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

Superior Member

You sound young to the series , do some research
    I've played since I discovered FFIII in my cousins room while on vacation in Virginia Beach and I've played almost all of them since. I even wrote two essays on two different FF's for a writing class which were graded by a man who, as it turns out, owned every FF up till that date. I got an A on both.
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops

Master Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    I've played since I discovered FFIII in my cousins room while on vacation in Virginia Beach and I've played almost all of them since. I even wrote two essays on two different FF's for a writing class which were graded by a man who, as it turns out, owned every FF up till that date. I got an A on both.
    Comparing what VersusXIII has been made out to be since 2006 to a batman movie is laughable

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Comparing what VersusXIII has been made out to be since 2006 to a batman movie is laughable
    I think his analogy was pretty accurate

Superior Member

In what way?

The recent Batman Begin relative to Keaton through Clooney, did a LOT to ground the franchise in truth. The characters were lifelike than everything that came before and the theme was something worthy of discussion. That can't be said for any FF post VI, and arguably VII, and since then the series has been haunted by story or characterization that can only be matched by student films.
    oops

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I just hope 15 is versus with a new name, its all I got to hope for now besides FFXHD
    This...My God..how far Square has fallen...to think the same company that brought me FFI-FFX has come to this...Sakaguchi literally took Square's soul away with him when he left...I look at what he has made since his time at Square and The Last Story and Lost Odyssey $#@! on anything that has come out of Square this gen (Handhelds notwithstanding).

Its come to this? For many this was the last chance SE had to prove to us that there was still hope. That when we open up a Square game again it would be something innovating and captivating with a touching story...but now...God I can't even recognize them...I pray Nomura just says $#@! it, leaves and opens his own studio or something. His talents seemed to be wasted...my God square your fans have been begging for 2 things constantly this gen. And I mean literally begging, we've asked for a FFVII remake and VSXIII to be released...Christ you've royally failed on both accounts.

I hope they go belly under..Square-Enix is just a bastardization of what SquareSoft stood for.....Quality.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

9. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Master Poster
    What? That made complete sense....lets look at it this way...Batman 1989 and Batman Returns are all the retro Final Fantasies we love I-X....Batman Forever and Batman & Robin represent the Final Fantasies of today...fans hate them.....Versus XIII was touted as a new darker direction for the franchise...similar to how Batman begins was taking the franchise down a darker path after a series of campy, crappy and uninspiring movies...See? Makes sense, you didn't have to be so condescending
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

11. Likes the_jim likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Rename it XV and make it multi plat, just get the $#@!ing game out assholes!

13. Likes the_jim , Fon likes this post
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I don't get the hate.

People hate the FFXIII saga. Okay, so you hate a whole company based on one project? People hated FF8 and Square Soft didn't get this kind of hate. They just moved on and played FFIX.

It makes no sense to me. You got "The World Ends with You" and "Kingdom Hearts", both great series but people are so hung up on FFXIII. They were so hung up on FFXIII that these same people wouldn't even give FFXIII-2 a chance, they stamped "lame" on the game based on some trailers without even playing it!

You hate FFXIII, that's fine. How much more bashing must I read every time I look at a Square Enix Final Fantasy thread? You hate it, it sucks, WE GET IT ALREADY!

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Guru
    Maybe Square is saving it for PS4/Xbox720.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I don't get the hate.

People hate the FFXIII saga. Okay, so you hate a whole company based on one project? People hated FF8 and Square Soft didn't get this kind of hate. They just moved on and played FFIX.

It makes no sense to me. You got "The World Ends with You" and "Kingdom Hearts", both great series but people are so hung up on FFXIII. They were so hung up on FFXIII that these same people wouldn't even give FFXIII-2 a chance, they stamped "lame" on the game based on some trailers without even playing it!

You hate FFXIII, that's fine. How much more bashing must I read every time I look at a Square Enix Final Fantasy thread? You hate it, it sucks, WE GET IT ALREADY!
    Finally some common sense in here.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Finally some common sense in here.
    I'll never understand it. Yes, Final Fantasy is HUGE, but this is NOT the first FF game people have hated. Heck, I've seen some people say FF7 sucks and that IT was the start of Square going downhill.

I just do not understand why people are jumping on the "Burn Square Enix" bandwagon.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I'll never understand it. Yes, Final Fantasy is HUGE, but this is NOT the first FF game people have hated. Heck, I've seen some people say FF7 sucks and that IT was the start of Square going downhill.

I just do not understand why people are jumping on the "Burn Square Enix" bandwagon.

19. Likes daLa, Ghost , Kuro , The Black Wolf likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I don't get the hate.

Have you read any of the comments here?. I can't believe you came to the conclusion that we hate Square Enix over one game but failed to understand the deeper meaning behind it all. People are disliking SquareEnix for more then just Final Fantasy XIII, it's a compilation of teasers after teasers for Versus XIII, No Kingdom Hearts 3, the fact that the Kingdom Hearts franchise is thrown at multiple handheld devices(PSP, DS, 3DS, what the hell?!), games taking so many years to be released! and last but not least what we've been getting so far after Final Fantasy X. Final Fantasy XI: an MMO; Final Fantasy XII: Lacked a good story and characters which is literally the soul of JRPG's; Final Fantasy XIII which I won't even touch upon since I've reiterated my feelings for it; Final Fantasy XIV - another MMO.

Wonder why people are not giving, Final Fantasy XIII-2 a chance now?. We are literally cautious with what they're selling now, XIII-2 could be good or it could be bad but people won't risk(literally), investing their time and money on a game that could potentially suck for them(I never though I'd see the day that I would say this about Square!). Versus XIII on the other hand looks very promising, the small teasers we've seen paint a game that will potentially be fun, the characters also look very appealing and the maps are sizable(Let's not forget that it's not Square Enix's internal studio working on it but Nomura), hence the hype/hopes/ whatever you want to call it.

21. Likes Versus, VayMasters86, AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Veteran
    I apologize, but if that's the case, then gamers should start hating the gaming industry, not just bashing one developer.
    I can name plenty of developers not living up to hype or not pleasing their fans.

Well, I'll leave it at that so this thread won't turn into a "bash game developers/industry" thread.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I apologize, but if that's the case, then gamers should start hating the gaming industry, not just bashing one developer.
    I can name plenty of developers not living up to hype or not pleasing their fans.

Well, I'll leave it at that so this thread won't turn into a "bash game developers/industry" thread.
    Personally, I hate Capcom and EA more then any other gaming company(The publishers not the developers!, the latter has my praise and sympathies). One can't start disliking the gaming industry as a whole because you still have a pool of great indie developers and studios that are pulling out quality games. I'm sure that those that dislike the direction SquareEnix is going, loathe other video game publishers.

24. Likes VayMasters86, Mael Duin likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm pissed off with SE because they are churning out $#@!ing bull$#@! these days. Everything after FFX was a pile of corn infested $#@! and they just continue on this path of cluelessness. Seriously, if they are going to release FFXIII-3 and cancel this game then it shows just how far they have fallen. As Fon said, they are releasing KH games on various handhelds but no console versions? if they don't make some ultimate HD collection then that's another IP that they have $#@!ed with. How stupid can they be to scatter a franchise across all these mediums making any kind of consistency or plot following impossible. Bunch of $#@!ing incompetent clueless assholes. They are so out of touch with gaming today it's unreal, and for me, Versus was their ONLY saving grace.

I also can't stand Capcom. They have done to Resident Evil what SE have done to FF, but Capcom have the scummy bastard tendency to release a million $#@!ing versions of their fighting games and put completed DLC on the disc.

But yeah, SE has lost the plot, like some wise majestic king who one day stripped down naked and rolled around in pig $#@!.

26. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Personally, I hate Capcom and EA more then any other gaming company(The publishers not the developers!, the latter has my praise and sympathies). One can't start disliking the gaming industry as a whole because you still have a pool of great indie developers and studios that are pulling out quality games. I'm sure that those that dislike the direction SquareEnix is going, loathe other video game publishers.
    You forgot the people working on The Last Guardian :P

Elite Member

FACTS:

1. All we have seen was the same few minutes of FMV of people brooding and posing.

2. Some off cam gameplay of a dude fighting a giant dog monster in the city with ok looking but bland graphics.

If it wasn't called FF versus and a ps3 exclusive I wouldn't have been excited.

29. Likes Versus likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    You forgot the people working on The Last Guardian :P
    That game Still exists?
    As for this rumor, I don't buy it. I'll wait to hear an official statement from Square about this. If it is canceled, then that sucks, really been looking forward to it. I'll still finish out the Kingdom Hearts series regardless. We still have TGS to see what's happening.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Well simply put...

That SUCKS! (if true)

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran

Why does this need to be about Final Fantasy XIII? If you waited 6 or more years for a game to come out and there was the possibility of it being cancelled, and let's say it was, wouldn't you be disappointed in the people in charge?

And while there are other companies that practice their own bull$#@! in the video game industry, like Capcom and Activision, it has nothing to do with the direction Square Enix wants to take with the franchise.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

33. Likes VayMasters86, Ghost likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    That game Still exists?
    As for this rumor, I don't buy it. I'll wait to hear an official statement from Square about this. If it is canceled, then that sucks, really been looking forward to it. I'll still finish out the Kingdom Hearts series regardless. We still have TGS to see what's happening.
    -FatesServant
    Yeah Ueda recently said it's still in development lol.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Yeah Ueda recently said it's still in development lol.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information