Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

Report: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Cancelled?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...xiii-cancelled

Reports are surfacing that Final Fantasy Versus XIII, which has been in development since 2006, has been cancelled.
    Kotaku is claiming that the planned PS3 exclusive has been canned quietly by Square Enix after it hasn't been seen in some time.
    The company has allegedly made the decision to let the game fade away rather than officially announce its cancellation due to concerns over stock prices. There has been much speculation over the past year that the writing was on the wall after the title was conspicuously absent from conventions.

In fact, the last time the game was mentioned was back in May when designer Tetsuya Nomura told Game Informer that "We would like to ask for your patience on an official announcement for this title. It always takes time when tackling the challenge of doing something completely new, but we are doing our best to bring information to the fans as quickly as we can. Your patience is greatly appreciated."
    Kotaku also reports that resources used to make the game were folded into working on what will become Final Fantasy XV a few months back.
    We've reached out to Square Enix for comment. Whether true or not, an official cancellation would be better than simply letting the game become "vaporware", where its existence is never referenced again.
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII was originally announced in 2006 as part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series of games. The other games two games in the series announced at the same time, Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Type-0 have both been released, and Final Fantasy XIII-2 has also been announced and launched since.
    If true, any chance of me playing a future SE title is also "vaporware".

http://www.psu.com/a016187/Rumor--Fi...as-been-canned
    Last edited by VayMasters86; 07-20-2012 at 11:09. Reason: Added PSU link to story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Funny if true.
    Vaporware of the generation.
    Last edited by HellsJester; 07-20-2012 at 10:52.

3. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Apprentice
    I'm not even surprised anymore, they can go f*** themselves.

~Special thanks to Kwesnoth for making my Sig & Avy~

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Square Enix really are a joke..

6. Likes PhillyPhreak, The Cage likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    And with them saying recently that they don't want to have such large game productions it looks like this may coincide with that... Hopefully they ring out XV and soon, if that turns out to be a piece of crap and takes another 6 years to see the light of day, not only would I have lost all faith in SE but they are pretty much dooming themselves

Via Tapatalk

8. Likes The Cage likes this post
    Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    And with them saying recently that they don't want to have such large game productions it looks like this may coincide with that... Hopefully they ring out XV and soon, if that turns out to be a piece of crap and takes another 6 years to see the light of day, not only would I have lost all faith in SE but they are pretty much dooming themselves

Via Tapatalk
    They will probbaly lose me as a faithful customer if they pull this bull$#@!

Thank you itachi

10. Likes darksora likes this post
    Friendship is Carrots
    This can't be true. It can't be because it would secure Square Enix as possibly the biggest failure this generation.

I'll wait for Aaron to pick this apart.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

12. Likes Wrath , DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    clear_as_night
    Items User name style
    Why?!!!! They've probably aready invested millions into the game, just finish it ffs. They could stick "Final Fantasy XV" on the box and most people wouldn't even notice. I know its only a rumour but there's no smoke without fire... This news saddens me... Square Enix are the most spectacular example of a fall from grace this gen.

PSN ID: clear_as_night
    "XBOX IS ABOUT TO BECOME THE NEXT WATER COOLER" ~ NANCY TELLEM, ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL MEDIA PRESIDENT OF MICROSOFT

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I highly doubt this is true. If it is, then SE is officially dead to ole Ghostie. aka They can go $#@! themselves with a big razor lined $#@!, right next to those other $#@! sucking assholes...capcom.

15. Likes daLa likes this post

Being one of the most faithful Square Enix this generation, this can't be true. If this is true; I can no longer protect this company. This was the one and only good thing I expected from Square Enix before the PS4. XIII was a little good, XIII-2 was better, but not what I wanted. Versus and Type 0 now those are the games I really wanted and you're telling me that VERSUS, VERSUS XIII for goddamn it was cancelled?

However I hope this is just a rumor. cause really, Enix can't be that incompetent. Square Soft I miss you...

17. Likes Itachi , darksora likes this post
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jim View Post
    Why?!!!! They've probably aready invested millions into the game, just finish it ffs. They could stick "Final Fantasy XV" on the box and most people wouldn't even notice. I know its only a rumour but there's no smoke without fire... This news saddens me... Square Enix are the most spectacular example of a fall from grace this gen.
    It wouldn't even bother me if they did this, like the OP says, and cut all ties of this game to the 'XIII/Nova Crystal universe' and just re packaged it at XV... at least then I'll feel better knowing that all of this time hasn't been gone to waste

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    You gotta be f-ing kidding me..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

I see no reason why this will not be true. The game has been in suspension for so long now. Rest in peace, FFversusXIII.

21. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Like I posted on the homepage:

If this it true I got one thing to say:
    <rant>
    Give me FFXHD and piss off square enix. Make me wait this long to only can it? Scew you.
    </rant>

The thought of this legit pisses me off after waiting this long for it. I just hope FFXHD, my favourite FF title, doesnt get canned now. After that title gets released I'm out. I'll buy Eidos' titles but thats it.. nothing else i was interested in.
    Last edited by Fenix; 07-20-2012 at 12:00. Reason: No idea whats going on with my post.. >.>

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

23. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Of course we don't know how true this is, I came across this just now:

Future Final Fantasy XIII Developments To Be Announced on September 1

Square Enix will detail future developments for the Final Fantasy XIII project on September 1 during a stage show at the Final Fantasy 25th anniversary event in Shibuya. The publisher outlined its full plans for the event today.

The 25th Anniversary event will be held from August 31 through September 2. The first day will be an early demo event and opening ceremony exclusively for the press and some lucky members of the Square Enix Members fan club. The following days are open to the public.

The Final Fantasy XIII stage will be held on September 1 at 11:30. The stage is titled "Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga: New Developments Presentation." Square Enix is promising details on the future of the FFXIII project. The game's producer, director, art director and other members of the staff will be in attendance.
    More of that info on the event here: http://andriasang.com/con201/ffxiii_developments/

this is the Japanese event site: http://www.finalfantasy.jp/special/

Now who knows what this means... Lightning saga? Doesn't sound like they are prepared to talk about Versus....

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Sounds more like XIII..Man this sucks..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I just hope 15 is versus with a new name, its all I got to hope for now besides FFXHD

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:

PSN

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    clear_as_night
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    It wouldn't even bother me if they did this, like the OP says, and cut all ties of this game to the 'XIII/Nova Crystal universe' and just re packaged it at XV... at least then I'll feel better knowing that all of this time hasn't been gone to waste
    Exactly! I mean it's had nothing but positive feeback from fans (I'm talking about what we've seen, not the delays and sh*t). Every FF fan is (or was) looking forward to this. The mind boggles

PSN ID: clear_as_night
    "XBOX IS ABOUT TO BECOME THE NEXT WATER COOLER" ~ NANCY TELLEM, ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL MEDIA PRESIDENT OF MICROSOFT

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Hm whats wrong with Square ? Seems they can´t get their $#@! together. This generation is just one big letdown for the Final Fantasy Universe. Stop making western games that Edios force you to do and make some great JRPG´s again.

Superior Member
    Can't say I am disappointed if true after finally playing the awfull FF13.Worse $25 I ever spent.

30. Likes Fon likes this post
    Veteran
    If it's true those SOB's can go $#@! themselves a new asshole, and $#@! off with their company. Us gamers we don't need their BS, like having to wait 6 years for a game that was truly promising just to hear it's been cancelled, we don't need to wait for a game to be released (XV) only for it to suck big time and have them take it off so they can re do it again.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    Hm whats wrong with Square ? Seems they can´t get their $#@! together. This generation is just one big letdown for the Final Fantasy Universe. Stop making western games that Edios force you to do and make some great JRPG´s again.
    Great post, couldn't agree more! Haven't played a proper Final Fantasy game since FF IX imo

PSN ID: gersfc

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    And thus Microsoft trying to get exclusivity on a game strikes again, after half finished Infinite undiscovery and Last remnant, FFvsXIII is canceled as development was made impossible as the developers had no idea which platform they were developing for.
    Microsoft shouldn't have had anything in the game business to start with, hell they shouldn't even develop anything at all with their pathetic bugged and user un-friendly OS.

Super Elite
    I still blame the merger between Enix and Square Soft for the downfall of the Final Fantasy series. FFX was the last great game they made, after that they've struggled along with development of the newer FFs.

I take no notice of this company any more, I only look forward to the Deus Ex games that Eidos make. FFX-HD will be my last look into the company unless FF-VIII (yes that FF8 ) gets a HD remake.

Hope its just a rumor but at this point it wouldn't surprise me either.
    Last edited by Treefrog; 07-20-2012 at 14:38.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    Can't say I am disappointed if true after finally playing the awfull FF13.Worse $25 I ever spent.
    From leaked screenshots/videos and that this looked NOTHING like FF13. It looked like it could be the FF to nearly match FF7.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTenth666 View Post
    And thus Microsoft trying to get exclusivity on a game strikes again, after half finished Infinite undiscovery and Last remnant, FFvsXIII is canceled as development was made impossible as the developers had no idea which platform they were developing for.
    Microsoft shouldn't have had anything in the game business to start with, hell they shouldn't even develop anything at all with their pathetic bugged and user un-friendly OS.
    What does microsoft have to do with this? It was reported as a PS3 exclusive pretty much since day one, unless I missed a piece of information that says otherwise. Square Enix are just moronic this generation, If they cancelled a game thats been in development this long it just shows they dont know what they are doing.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:

PSN

Thread Information