View Poll Results: The BEST FF so far is . . .

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy II

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy III

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IV

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy V

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VI

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy VII

10 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

3 15.00%
  • Final Fantasy IX

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy X

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

1 5.00%
Page 100 of 165 FirstFirst ... 90100110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 4111
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    Remember about the soft reset: L1,L2,R1,R2,select and start.
    I became pretty accustomed to using that when I was playing through Triple Triad

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersfc View Post
    Yeah Edward the bard and I can see why he's considered the worst! Rydia was pretty difficult to keep alive too at the beginning but finally found my groove after some grinding.

How do you rate FFIV in comparison to other FF titles?
    I liked IV and had a lot of fun with it, but honestly I feel it's in the lower tier of FF games. It didn't really do anything wrong, but nothing in it stood out for me. I guess I wasn't a fan of the revolving door of your party. If we are just talking Nintendo Era, I'd still put 6, 5, and 3 ahead of it.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I agree completely, though it was revolutionary with it's ATB system and the fact that it took just a year for the team to go from NES to SNES was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Well have to to admit I am, and it is early days, preferring IV over V but that may very well change.

Seems a tougher game. I always seem to have to grind to be able to compete every time I reach a new destination

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Think I am totally under-powered. Back in Baron trying to steal the airship and the random battles are almost finishing me off! And the enemies seem to be able to attack multiple times before I can get my attacks in!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    It was even worse on the NES games. If you played any other version than SNES/PS1 it would be easier. Wait until your 2/3s of the way through the game lol...
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Think I am totally under-powered. Back in Baron trying to steal the airship and the random battles are almost finishing me off! And the enemies seem to be able to attack multiple times before I can get my attacks in!
    Hmm...it's been awhile since I've played IV. Near an inn or save crystal? That way you can attempt to grind and not worry too much on item consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    It was even worse on the NES games. If you played any other version than SNES/PS1 it would be easier. Wait until your 2/3s of the way through the game lol...
    Don't remind me. FF3, Final Dungeon(s). Final Boss Room. Died lol.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Don't remind me. FF3, Final Dungeon(s). Final Boss Room. Died lol.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Oh that whole part is a real pain, Aaron. I will say IV made me really enjoy the Dragoon class, mainly because of Kain. He just had a cool role in the story. I think it worked well. Kain's the main reason I tried it out in XI and loved it lol.
    Last edited by Sir_Scud; 03-09-2013 at 21:57.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Hmm...it's been awhile since I've played IV. Near an inn or save crystal? That way you can attempt to grind and not worry too much on item consumption.
    That's exactly what I'm doing. Grinding near a save crystal. At the minute I seem to be using a tent after every fight as my mages MP are always depleted

Very frustrating but at the same time enjoying the challenge it's presenting

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yeah, see that's another thing IV brought, save points, FF on NES didn't have them so if you went into a dungeon you'd have to just go through it without dying which is what makes them the hardest ones (actually can't remember if III had them or not, gonna replay III after II now lol).

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    When I played thru III, years ago, there were no save points. No memo either.

Edit: gers, just keep plugging at it. In the early stages of the game, Cecil is basically the only reliable character. The other members have their moments, but it can be rough. With your mages, are you finding elemental weaknesses in the random encounters.

Granted, its been awhile, but usually one black magic spell will be super effective to whatever type of mobs you encounter.
    Last edited by Sir_Scud; 03-09-2013 at 22:42.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    When I played thru III, years ago, there were no save points. No memo either.

Edit: gers, just keep plugging at it. In the early stages of the game, Cecil is basically the only reliable character. The other members have their moments, but it can be rough. With your mages, are you finding elemental weaknesses in the random encounters.

Granted, its been awhile, but usually one black magic spell will be super effective to whatever type of mobs you encounter.
    Yeah the one saving grace is
    but it takes so damn long for him to use them. And like i said in a previous post, the enemy seem to be able to continually attack me!

But yeah man i am plugging away mate trying to get up an extra few levels lol

Yeah, see that's another thing IV brought, save points, FF on NES didn't have them so if you went into a dungeon you'd have to just go through it without dying which is what makes them the hardest ones (actually can't remember if III had them or not, gonna replay III after II now lol).
    That sounds brutal! Makes you appreciate the save points lol

Are you playing through FF II now?

Never played the 1st three FF games, are they available on NES rom's?
    Last edited by Gers; 03-10-2013 at 10:18.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yeah but FFII and FFIII are fan translated because they were never localized. I'm playing FFII from FF Origins off PSN but will play FFIII on the NES emulator on my Wii (that's pretty much all I use it for, a bunch of emulators that's hooked up to my TV).

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    That's pretty cool mate. Think I'm going to find me a NES emulator right now lol

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    It is lol I originally only bought it to play the few Wii games that looked good, but then when I learnt how easy it was to hack I went and downloaded all the emulators on it and have thousands of ROMs on there now from loads of platforms (although the N64 emulator needs an update).

But yeah I have FFI-VI on there both the Japanese and English versions.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    How easy is it mate? I was going to get the emulator on my PC but i have a Wii in my cupboard doing nothing so may set it up again.

Do you use the Wii nunchuck controller when playing them? Be pretty weird playing an FF game with that i reckon lol

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    How easy is it mate? I was going to get the emulator on my PC but i have a Wii in my cupboard doing nothing so may set it up again.

Do you use the Wii nunchuck controller when playing them? Be pretty weird playing an FF game with that i reckon lol
    Yeah, emulator was the only way I could play FF3 back then. The fan translation is rough as far as I remember. Never knew one could use a console like that. I'd probably just use my ps3 controller on pc, which I use a lot for PC gaming haha.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER

I use the Wii Classic controller to play most of the games. Dunno if I'm allowed to post how to hack it here but you just need to download something called 'letterbomb' and when you open the message on your Wii it'll do it and it's as simple as that really.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I use the Wii Classic controller to play most of the games. Dunno if I'm allowed to post how to hack it here but you just need to download something called 'letterbomb' and when you open the message on your Wii it'll do it and it's as simple as that really.
    Lol yeah probably not mate, sorry. Done some reading up only thing that puts me off is the fact i only have the nunchuck controller for the Wii

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    you don't have a Wii remote? That will do as an NES controller.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Yeah I have the Wii Remote (sorry got the names muddled up). Just think it would be weird playing a FF game with 1 lol

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    So I've started some of the side quest stuff. Thought I'd get Yuna's stuff out of the way, first. Captured the creatures, and got Yojimbo. Gotta go get Anima next. And I didn't miss any puzzles because of the early warnings. So far, Yuna's stuff has been fun since it's typical find the hidden Aeons stashed away.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    So I've started some of the side quest stuff. Thought I'd get Yuna's stuff out of the way, first. Captured the creatures, and got Yojimbo. Gotta go get Anima next. And I didn't miss any puzzles because of the early warnings. So far, Yuna's stuff has been fun since it's typical find the hidden Aeons stashed away.
    This your first play through? FFX certainly has enough side quests, and optional bosses to keep you busy!

Funnily enough was listening to this the other day

Beautiful and emotional piece of music. Want FFX HD to hurry up so I can play this again!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Do what you want. It's going to be fun when you're working on sigils despite the labor you have to go through. Capturing monsters is really simple as you're seeing, leave the battle arena for the end. You'll enjoy every thing else during the process.

Thread Information