Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: The BEST FF so far is . . .

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy II

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy III

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IV

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy V

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VI

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy VII

10 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

3 15.00%
  • Final Fantasy IX

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy X

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

1 5.00%
Page 144 of 165 FirstFirst ... 134144154 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 4103
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Man what did you find wrong with 8 when you replayed it? And what didn't you like about 10 first time around? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    X-2, if you really want to follow up what really happens after the credits from FFX. Then you can go ahead play through the storyline. The gameplay presents a feature called the Dress Sphere which also plays a role during the story, hence the singing. Battle system is more familiar of an old Final Fantasy game which makes the game a lot more difficult than X. Also, the game has separate endings that depends on your completion percentage. You can always start a new game plus and complete missions that you missed out in your first playthrough so you'd be able to get the perfect ending. Blitzball does make a return to X-2 but it's more of a automatic game than what it was in X; you just have no control of what's going to happen. I never figured it out so I was really not interested although the game does introduce a new mini-game called Sphere Break.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Sphere break is an atrocious game. I personally could not stand it. It's actually one of the major factors that prevented me from finishing FFX-2 100%. I will rectify that problem when the remaster comes out. As for if X-2 is better than XIII... I would say no, personally. I liked X-2, it was alright, and it was just a game to have fun with (and not take seriously except for the like, 4 scenes it takes seriously). As mentioned, it harkens back to the old days. The combat is a bit harder, and the dress spheres is a chance to play with different classes. While making younger male players who have yet to discover late night TV or the internet, very happy. Overall, XIII to me feels more like a Final Fantasy in terms of story, while the combat in X-2 is certainly new and refreshing while being very nostalgic.

Originally, I was planning on buying a Vita, but right now I am thinking I might wait and see if the Vita TV box thing comes to the states. If it does, I might just get that as I haven't been playing much mobile gaming lately (which is why I still haven't beaten Kingdom Heart:Recoded, lol).
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

4. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Good thoughts, guys. The HD collection is just too late at this point, doesn't seem like I'll be missing out too much on X-2.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Good thoughts, guys. The HD collection is just too late at this point, doesn't seem like I'll be missing out too much on X-2.
    You never know though. From what can be heard in one of the soundclips for the remastered version, there's a piece of dialogue that was brand new - one that hints at either additional content or possibly even a third game in the FFX series (though I personally hope that one isn't the case)
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    You never know though. From what can be heard in one of the soundclips for the remastered version, there's a piece of dialogue that was brand new - one that hints at either additional content or possibly even a third game in the FFX series (though I personally hope that one isn't the case)
    -FatesServant

Ditto to what Fate says, if you want to complete the game which I doubt you'd want to do that lol. There's also the extra boss fights (Dark Aeons, Penance). That's currently rumored to to be sold separately though,

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    I see. It's funny, I finally get a Vita which is perfect for FF games and I doubt I'll be playing any of them soon. Since X was the most recent completion, can't see myself replaying it soon (even if that means this winter/early next year).

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    @Scud When you played FF IV in your FF playthroughs, did you just play IV or did you play the complete collection?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    @Scud When you played FF IV in your FF playthroughs, did you just play IV or did you play the complete collection?
    Man, I still have yet to go back through and play the After Years, lol. I really need to get on that. Thanks for reminding me that it even exists.
    -FatesServant

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I still can't believe there's a sequel to Final Fantasy IV.

12. Likes FatesServant likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Just IV, as I tried to only play the main games all the way through.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    That's fair enough Scud

Never played it myself. I have bought the FF IV Complete Collection on the psn store and it is installed, ready and waiting to be played for when I complete Breath of Fire III

Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    I still can't believe there's a sequel to Final Fantasy IV.
    Haven't you played it either?
    Last edited by Gers; 09-21-2013 at 19:02.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    That's fair enough Scud

Never played it myself. I have bought the FF IV Complete Collection on the psn store and it is installed, ready and waiting to be played for when I complete Breath of Fire III

Haven't you played it either?

Only IV. The sequel was a total shock for me when it came out and I'm glad they stuck with the SNES graphics.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    You know Rob, I just don't think the summoner garb - Spira edition, fits Lightning all too well.
    -FatesServant

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    You know Rob, I just don't think the summoner garb - Spira edition, fits Lightning all too well.
    -FatesServant

Maybe. If the skirt was cut in half. I think Lighting would prefer Yuna's X-2 outfit.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Maybe. If the skirt was cut in half.
    Pervert :lol

Only IV. The sequel was a total shock for me when it came out and I'm glad they stuck with the SNES graphics.
    Any plans to play the sequel?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Pervert :lol

Any plans to play the sequel?

I'd have to have some interesting timing for me to blow. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on my KH1.5 Hardcover guide. Going to get rid of GTA5 for the main storyline which hopefully opens up the entire map. I'll be getting Pokemon, Tropical Freeze in time. Next year, I start off with Lighting Returns which I'm definitely going to platinum, FFXHD and hopefully KH2.5. November seems really empty for me but I noticed I'll be getting Shadow Fall at that time meanwhile I'm still clan leader of my own clan to take care of in Fall of Man. So, yeah... lol. I'm going to need to find a job too.
    Last edited by robvandam111; 09-22-2013 at 05:26.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Man you got a few months worth of gaming there for sure! How good is KH 1.5? I wish my disc drive was working on my ps3 so I could play it!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Man you got a few months worth of gaming there for sure! How good is KH 1.5? I wish my disc drive was working on my ps3 so I could play it!

I'm not sure if its because is Final Mix or I haven't played Kingdom Hearts for more than 10 years; I have been stuck in the second boss fight lol. Y'know, I was never a fan of the HD collections at first but seeing how Square is able to redo the textures of the animations. It makes it more lively like, I was used to using the ps2 version on HDMI from the 60gb ps3.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Lol maybe you need to grind a little more.

Never had a problem with HD remasters/remakes aslong as it's at a reduced price and they don't take the piss with DLC like Square is with allegedly having the International add ons as DLC

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Lol maybe you need to grind a little more.

Never had a problem with HD remasters/remakes aslong as it's at a reduced price and they don't take the piss with DLC like Square is with allegedly having the International add ons as DLC

I'd wouldn't mind training but I'm trying to do three trophies in one playthrough. You have to beat the game under 15hrs, you can't change or equip anything and you can't use continue.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Yeah good luck with that RVD

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    I'd wouldn't mind training but I'm trying to do three trophies in one playthrough. You have to beat the game under 15hrs, you can't change or equip anything and you can't use continue.
    There are separate trophies for each of those? I do believe I know what I will be doing if I ever get the remake...

In Final Fantasy news, I remember hearing reading somewhere that while FFXV wasn't making a real appearance at TGS (besides the trailer which showed like, 4 seconds of new footage) there would be an interview with Nomura about the game. I have yet to see or hear anything about that interview and if anything came of it. Anyone have any idea if the interview is real? Or was I just horribly mislead/mistaken?
    -FatesServant

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    There are separate trophies for each of those? I do believe I know what I will be doing if I ever get the remake...

In Final Fantasy news, I remember hearing reading somewhere that while FFXV wasn't making a real appearance at TGS (besides the trailer which showed like, 4 seconds of new footage) there would be an interview with Nomura about the game. I have yet to see or hear anything about that interview and if anything came of it. Anyone have any idea if the interview is real? Or was I just horribly mislead/mistaken?
    -FatesServant

In the KH1.5 remix, you can't stack difficulties trophies. So, you have to have three playthroughs. Normal is going to be my main one with the Gummi Ship missions, Item synthesis and optional bosses are going to be there. Proud just beat the game. Beginner is for the ones I mentioned earlier since its a lot faster. i'm really loving play Kingdom Hearts again, but now I got GTA5 in the way but I'll make some time off while I'll wait for my hardcover guide to which they delayed until mid-October. I can use the original which I have but don't want to lol.

As for the Tokyo Game Show. I really didn't see much of Square Enix. I thought we were going to see some Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 news, of course some of XV. Although I did read on that leaked list of game appearances it had some of those titles as a "MAYBE." The Game show has already unfortunately...

A little bit of FF7 canon you may not have known about.

thelifestream.net is a great site I found recently for anyone who's into this game and has an interest in knowing more of it's canon. One part I had no idea of until recently is all in this novella, 'On the Way to a Smile'. It's a collection of short stories for (most of) the main characters set in between FF7 and Advent Children. The stories have been translated to english on this site. I especially liked Nanaki's, check it out.

http://thelifestream.net/novels-novellas/

Here's an analysis on the site of what FF7's canon is all comprised of.

http://thelifestream.net/lifestream-...i-and-canon-2/

This is definitely a fanboy thread.

Thread Information