View Poll Results: The BEST FF so far is . . .

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy II

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy III

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IV

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy V

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VI

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy VII

10 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

3 15.00%
  • Final Fantasy IX

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy X

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

1 5.00%
Page 145 of 165 FirstFirst ... 135145155 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 4119
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    A while ago, I had checked my PS2 memory card and it showed that I had spent a hundred hours on Final Fantasy XII. So many sidequests. I still don't feel like reaching the top of that giant tower. :P
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    A while ago, I had checked my PS2 memory card and it showed that I had spent a hundred hours on Final Fantasy XII. So many sidequests. I still don't feel like reaching the top of that giant tower. :P
    Yeah, there were some many quests that you could easily spend 120 hours and still have a lot more to do. Don't think I'll ever try to 100% that one

Ultimate Veteran
    Do you guys remember the most number of hours you've put into a Final Fantasy game?

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Do you guys remember the most number of hours you've put into a Final Fantasy game?
    I think I put over 100 hours in either FFX or FFVII; I can't remember which one.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

The BEST Final Fantasy Game Is . . .

Which Final Fantasy game, in your opinion, is the best? Why is it better than the others?

I think Final Fantasy VII is the best. It's the best because 1) it has sold the most and 2) it is not only one of the best FFs, it is one of the best video games period.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    VII because it did pretty much everything right: story, characters (only a couple I don't really like), graphics (I know a lot of people say the graphics suck, but at the time, how many games actually looked better outside of character models), music, gameplay etc.

The only problem is that you can sail through the majority of the game without grinding, we did a speed run in the FF thread in the summer and it was the first time I actually noticed just how easy most of the bosses and overall game actually is.

Second place for me would easily go to V, best combat/leveling system out of the whole series.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Hm... Tactics isn't on this list. That makes it really hard for me. I simply don't really know.
    I'll admit, in terms of enjoyment, VII is my favorite. Even playing it a year ago didn't make me reconsider. But is it the best? I don't really know. Each one has it's magic, and valid reasons why it's the best.

I: The original. Without it, the others wouldn't exist.
    II: A story made before it's time (and it still kicked ass back then too). The leveling system, however, is its crowning mechanic (so long as you enjoyed it, like I learned to as it's the most realistic system I've seen to date). Of course, the fact that it actually had a story that was fleshed out.
    III: I lied. Don't care about this one.
    IV: It's Cecil. And a story of redemption. Great story, dark deeds, plot twists. What's not to love really?
    V: Probably tied with VI for most dark and mature story. If not for all the comedy in it. Comedy kills it for me. If I could have 90% less outrageous comedy in the game, I'd love it 1000x more.
    VI: Play it. Just do it. A mature story, fleshed out characters that feel unique, it has it all. Relatively safe to say it's in the top three of most FF fans who have actually played all the games.

VII: We all know this game. It's what got us into the series (not really, my first memories of FF are FFIV, but whatever. VII is the first one I actually played). The story has very specialized characters, each with their own story. Combat was good. Materia is addicting. Chocobo racing was a blast. Golden Saucer. Let me repeat that: Golden Saucer. Catch it that time? Golden Saucer. Okay, GS isn't all THAT great, but it sure was unique and memorable. Best of all are the story twists that still confuse people to this day.

VIII: The best romance story in any of them until X came around. And even then it's a completely different message. Sure, VIII is filled with the Emo. But anyone who looked past that could see that VIII has one of the most heart-touching stories of friendship and devotion to those we hold dear. One of my favorites in the series.

IX: The throwback. The FANTASY. After so much Sci-fi, the magical world and the "cartoony" appearance was a breath of fresh air. This game captures the heart, the essence, of what Final Fantasy reminds me of. Personally. Some characters are more memorable than others. Some are more memorable than any other character in all the FF series (Vivi anyone?)
    X: Most of us have played this game. Good, long story. LOTS of extras. The best mini-game to bless a videogame ever (get lost haters ) And one of the best twists in the series. However, the main character.... Is Ti-........ I'm sorry, let me say that again, the main character is Tid------ Dang it Tidus! Stop whining so much, my audience can't focus on what I'm saying over your incessant whining! Still a great game. Love it.
    XI: Didn't play it, no justifiable opinion, but I'm going to say no though.
    XII: Underrated. No random combat? Sign me up. Enemies you can actually run from/past? Sign me up. The story being epic? Sign me up. We still have to suffer the Vaan. Sure, Balthier is the real lead, but we don't see the story from his viewpoint. We're along for the ride. That's cool, but still... the Protagonist got a bit trying at times... Just remember. I'm Bach!
    XIII: Hit or miss. Love it (I did). Hate it (the internet did). Just play it and form your own opinion.
    XIV: I'm loving it. It'll be my first MMORPG with a subscription fee. No regrets. Haven't beaten the story, but it's definitely not going to take #1 in the story compartment. It's a different style of game though. It's a different taste that I am greatly enjoying. Personally, I'm not going to count it into the running. I love it just as much as anyone else, but it's not what I truly care about in a Final Fantasy. What it is, is a kick-ass MMORPG within the Final Fantasy omniverse. Praise it. Play it. Sell your soul to it.

So, all of that said: My absolute favorite of Tactics isn't a numbered title, so it's not an option. My personal favorite of the lot is probably VII, honestly. With VI a very close second if not tied as VI is only really held back by the technology available when it was made. VIII and X share/swap slot 3. That's just my favorite ratings though (which changes based on my mood/interests). Asking which one is the best? in terms of quality of the game and everything it did. How new it was, advanced the universe, etc; we're probably looking at VI, VII, X or XII. VI revolutionized stories. VII just built on that. VII had the advanced story and new hardware/mechanics. 3D? X gave us a new combat system that was as slow/fast as you wanted it to be. XII was completely new. Didn't like the leveling mechanics, but the combat system was unique.

So, I may support VII in the long run (I'm sorry Final Fantasy fans, please don't hate me for favoring the crowd favorite), but, I am going to vote for VI. If for no other reason than that VII will win this competition most likely. These things are always between VI, VII and X (with IX usually making a decent appearance). And not-surprisingly, VII wins. Which is fine and dandy, but that's usually because people vote after only playing VII, X, and maybe XII and XIII. Not really fair, but that's the way it goes when a Final Fantasy marks a console.
    -FatesServant
    Last edited by FatesServant; 10-29-2013 at 03:20. Reason: couldn't make the spoiler tag work... I'll add that later
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Which Final Fantasy game, in your opinion, is the best? Why is it better than the others?

I think Final Fantasy VII is the best. It's the best because 1) it has sold the most and 2) it is not only one of the best FFs, it is one of the best video games period.

Wouldn't that be like a general opinion lol?

To be honest, I'm really a huge FF fan. I don't have a specific favorite. I have enjoyed thoroughly each of them. If I was forced to choose one, it'd be FF8 because it got me to be more involved into the franchise. In the end, I really love every thing about Final Fantasy.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    That was the MOST EXCRUCIATING part in FFXII and finding Omega Mark XII. It was worth it in the end though lol.

Now since you mentioned it, mostly of the Final Fantasy games I've logged around over 100hrs although for Final Fantasy X I for sure know I have around 250hrs logged on in. And if you can guess why, it should be obvious why I would spend that much time.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    I had to pick FFVI, it's not exactly easy because, FFVIII, FFIV, FFVII, and others were all good. But to me FFVI had the biggest wow factor and had some of the most unexpected twists to it. The amount of hidden content is staggaring, even more so considering its a SNES game. Some of my best gaming memories are from FFVI.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I picked XIV, because it's an oldsckool FF (by that I mean it has things like mages, dragoons etc, not Lightning) that is only going to get bigger and badder. I will spend much more time on this than any other title in the series.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    999+ hours in both FFVII and FFVI

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy General Discussion Thread

Most hours I put in where 100+ on Final Fantasy X. Once I got near the end of the game, I just spent hours roaming around Omega Ruins grinding to fight the Dark Aeons.

Can't wait to do it all again the on Vita

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gers; 10-29-2013 at 14:42.

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

14. Likes Agriel likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    <---See username.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    <---See username.
    Unfortunately, Ixion turned out to be a monster minion for FFXII lol.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    Unfortunately, Ixion turned out to be a monster minion for FFXII lol.
    Well, that's my second favorite Final Fantasy. So that works.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    I'd say VII. Just an experience I could never forget and a game I have played over and over again. But in all honesty there are a lot of good FF games. Saying VII is the best does not mean VI isn't on the same playing field.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    I'd have to load up my X save, but I feel the majority of the hours later on came from playing a $#@! ton of blitzball. Not even sure how many total hours I had. I don't think I can 100+ hr games anymore, I start to get tired of the grinding or w/e.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    I'd have to load up my X save, but I feel the majority of the hours later on came from playing a $#@! ton of blitzball. Not even sure how many total hours I had. I don't think I can 100+ hr games anymore, I start to get tired of the grinding or w/e.
    Blitzball becomes addictive, at least for me it does.

Ultimate Veteran
    That was the MOST EXCRUCIATING part in FFXII and finding Omega Mark XII. It was worth it in the end though lol.

Now since you mentioned it, mostly of the Final Fantasy games I've logged around over 100hrs although for Final Fantasy X I for sure know I have around 250hrs logged on in. And if you can guess why, it should be obvious why I would spend that much time.
    I remember I was pretty close to reaching the top but a certain type of monsters would interrupt my effort to find the correct way to ascend by bombarding my party with status effect spells on top of another spell that dropped our max HP. After a while, I decided it was enough and spent 50 more hours doing sidequests and hunts instead.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I remember I was pretty close to reaching the top but a certain type of monsters would interrupt my effort to find the correct way to ascend by bombarding my party with status effect spells on top of another spell that dropped our max HP. After a while, I decided it was enough and spent 50 more hours doing sidequests and hunts instead.

If you ever feel like going back to that part. You can easily breeze through the storyline of the game if you have your party in high levels; even maxed out and updated weapons. Despite the fact the monster uses ailment attacks, you can push through. And the funny part, if you were really deep within those hunts you'd have to go back there for something worse lol. It's the final hunt before unlocking Yiazmat I believe.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    It's the final hunt before unlocking Yiazmat I believe.
    Yeah, when I was doing my XII playthrough roughly last year I remember thinking I'd try to do all the hunts. Once I got to the final group of hunts, I didn't feel like doing them lol. Especially the tower related hunts.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Yeah, when I was doing my XII playthrough roughly last year I remember thinking I'd try to do all the hunts. Once I got to the final group of hunts, I didn't feel like doing them lol. Especially the tower related hunts.
    Finding Omega Mark isn't fun either:

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Oh wow, part of me wants to do it though. Maybe one day...like if they did some kind of remake or something.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Oh wow, part of me wants to do it though. Maybe one day...like if they did some kind of remake or something.
    Just be patient with the game, that's why FF games are meant to be delicate at times because there's always a lot more content although time consuming but in the end, the adventure is worth it. Took me almost 4 years for me to get to the point defeating Yiazmat and Omega. Didn't like going through the gambit adjustments though.

Thread Information