View Poll Results: The BEST FF so far is . . .

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy II

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy III

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IV

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy V

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VI

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy VII

10 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

3 15.00%
  • Final Fantasy IX

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy X

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

1 5.00%
Page 159 of 165 FirstFirst ... 149159 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4120
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Here's what I detract from the HD X remaster: No gameplay improvements have been made. Cut-scenes are still unskippable and in-battle dialog can be skipped by accident.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Apprentice
    I'm going to get FFX HD, at least it's better than FF13 games.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    That it is. Far better.

That said, for the most part, the remade soundtrack's worse for me. They've taken a lot of bass out of some of the songs, which would've worked well in remastered 5.1 sound.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

4. Likes hoverbike likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    No gameplay improvements have been made.
    Are there any aspects of the gameplay that need improving though? To be honest, I can only think of tweaking some of the mini-games, such as keeping Blitzball from getting too easy.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I listed two examples right there! Don't be so nitpicky

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Well, they didn't tweak any thing although you can use a different kind of sphere grid with some new abilities and have your own control. Every thing is fine, this is what they should do with every other FF game. Just remastering it and NO REMAKEs.
    Last edited by robvandam111; 03-25-2014 at 20:12.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    What about bugs or broken system mechanics? Or how about popularly disfavored combat systems like the Junction-system?

*I think they could have removed the "skip dialog at a press of a random button"-thing they have in place in battles and added a "press a X to skip" option to cut-scenes without it ruining the game for anyone. Shouldn't be that hard either, no?

(*two different issues here)
    Last edited by K2D; 03-25-2014 at 19:49.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I believe they have fixed some bugs, but that is about the only tweak they did. (Or so I'm told, I'll be so pissed if Dark Valfor glitches on me.. apparently he can glitch out or something and there is no way to fix it in the original)

This is why I'm gonna backtrack the first chance I get for Jecht Sphere and Valefors overdrive I missed:
    Dark Valefor GlitchEdit

Sometimes, a glitch will occur and the game will crash on either the cutscene before or after the fight. If this glitch happens once, it will always happen in that save file, effectively preventing the player from ever fighting Penance, acquiring the Jecht Sphere in Besaid, acquiring Valefor's Energy Blast Overdrive if not obtained on the first visit, and even from acquiring Anima (and subsequently the Magus Sisters) if the player did not get the temple treasure from Besaid at the beginning of the game. To bypass this glitch, one must simply open the PS2 CD tray while the scene that is supposed to freeze starts (the scene will stop while the tray is open) and then close it, and the glitch will not occur.
    Won't take the chance that bug isn't fixed..

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    What about bugs or broken system mechanics? Or how about popularly disfavored combat systems like the Junction-system?

*I think they could have removed the "skip dialog at a press of a random button"-thing they have in place in battles and added a "press a X to skip" option to cut-scenes without it ruining the game for anyone. Shouldn't be that hard either, no?

(*two different issues here)
    That popularly is really over-rated lol.

They could have added skip scenes but that doesn't really matter...it's not really worth it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    That said, for the most part, the remade soundtrack's worse for me. They've taken a lot of bass out of some of the songs, which would've worked well in remastered 5.1 sound.
    I'm loving the new soundtrack, from the music that has simply been re-recorded to the pieces that have been refreshed.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Too bad you can't just buy Final Fantasy X. Would love to own the Vita version as well.. since it seems you can sync up your saves and that. Would be nice for times when the TV is busy..

Damn why didnt I keep my PS3 LE, and just buy the Vita version regular editions lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

13. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Funny I am the opposite. I own the Vita version and I am contemplating getting the ps3 so I can play it on a big screen in the house. Having it on the Vita is a godsend for when the TV is busy or taking it in to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    That popularly is really over-rated lol.

They could have added skip scenes but that doesn't really matter...it's not really worth it.
    Oh, I agree. It's unfinished, but far from broken. IMO I think its really fun. And yeah, people who didn't like or understand it somehow LOVES to rip on it.

16. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    Funny I am the opposite. I own the Vita version and I am contemplating getting the ps3 so I can play it on a big screen in the house. Having it on the Vita is a godsend for when the TV is busy or taking it in to work

Now that you brought that up. Have you tried remote play so you can play the game on your TV? Not sure how that works, but I'd imagine.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    I have never tried remote play from my Vita to the ps3. It didn't even cross my mind lol

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    http://www.gameskinny.com/agkzo/why-...kip-cut-scenes

Because often they just drag ooon and oooon and ooooon. Sometimes you just want to squeeze in a quick session.. other times you're forced to rewatch the same cutscene before a bossfight..

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I have a question about the Expert Sphere grid. I remember back in the normal sphere grid in the original version of FFX. Filling in an empty node the status increase was doubled. Now in the HD version, does it still mean it doubles when it shows "+4" ?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    What's everyone's progress in FFX?

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I am ready to go inside Sin but grinding up in Omega Ruins first. Where are you at man?

Tried dodging 200 lightening strikes, man no way am I going to be able to do it lol my reactions are shocking

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I am ready to go inside Sin but grinding up in Omega Ruins first. Where are you at man?

Tried dodging 200 lightening strikes, man no way am I going to be able to do it lol my reactions are shocking

I'm testing things out that I never thought were imaginable lol. I'm getting these Triple AP weapons, going to customize is going to max my Sphere moves to 99. I fight Sin at the moment but I have been catching my remainder monsters and thanks to the Omega Ruins I believe I already have few that are already inside of Sin. Just need one more Master Tonberry and as for inside of Sin. I need King Behemoth, Barbatos, Iron Giants and that's it.

As for the Lighting Bolts Gers, there's section in the back of Rin's Agency that brings 100% probability of Lighting strikes on the same spot. I did that already. And finally got the Chocobo Races out of my way too.

My first few attempts: 50 dodged, 175 dodged, then it got worse from there....until I stuck with it and reached 245 dodged.

I'm taking my time with the game by the way, just learned how to grind for Gil and other stuff. I don't think maximizing the Sphere Grid is a problem although if you want 255 base stats on the Expert Grid. I'm going to need a bunch of Clear Spheres.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Man you are quite a bit further on than me then. I need to get a guide so I can plan on how to max those stats on the standard sphere grid.

I did the chocobo races pretty easily it has to be said. Also did the butterfly mini game too. As far as the sigils are concerned, all I need is Lulu and Wakka's Sigils and all the Celestial Weapons will have full power.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Man you are quite a bit further on than me then. I need to get a guide so I can plan on how to max those stats on the standard sphere grid.

I did the chocobo races pretty easily it has to be said. Also did the butterfly mini game too. As far as the sigils are concerned, all I need is Lulu and Wakka's Sigils and all the Celestial Weapons will have full power.

Wakka's, you just need to keep playing League games and get the other three Reel slots first. I was fortunate enough to sign the best goalie during the process.

What ever you do Gers, there's items you'll be rewarded from the guy at the Battle Arena that's best for customizing accessories and weapons. What ever you do don't sell nothing. I believe one of the stuff he gives you are the 99 Mana Tonics. You buy some Tetra accessories for 2k and after you're done customizing, you can sell them back for 22-24k.

And you can do what I'm doing for the AP.

About the Sphere Grid. I believe when it comes to maximizing the stats. The Standard Grid at least you won't have activate that many nodes and you'll have sufficient space. I'm working on the Expert Grid which is hard to believe for maximizing stats.

Last edited by robvandam111; 04-22-2014 at 21:33.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Yeah I'm working towards the last of Wakka's slots then I'll go for the Sigil.

Don't worry mate, I have kept all the items from the Battle Arena. Haven't customised any accessories or weapons yet.

Is there any easy way to get extra strength spheres etc to put on the empty nods?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Yeah I'm working towards the last of Wakka's slots then I'll go for the Sigil.

Don't worry mate, I have kept all the items from the Battle Arena. Haven't customised any accessories or weapons yet.

Is there any easy way to get extra strength spheres etc to put on the empty nods?

Battle Arena. Every thing could be found there. Going to grind some cash later on today. I need over 25 million gil -_-

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Why do you need 25 million gil?

Thread Information