View Poll Results: The BEST FF so far is . . .

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy II

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy III

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IV

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy V

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VI

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy VII

10 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

3 15.00%
  • Final Fantasy IX

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy X

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

1 5.00%
Page 160 of 166 FirstFirst ... 150160 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4126
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    Why do you need 25 million gil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bribing Sand Worm for Winning Formulas. He gives you 15 for 1,800,000. And you need 30 to customize Triple Over Drive. So, that's 3.6 million for each character x 7 = 25 mil.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Good luck with that man lol is that needed to beat Penance?

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Good luck with that man lol is that needed to beat Penance?

No, I'm just doing because I just want to see how it feels to get 99 sphere level in one battle lol.

For Penance, you can take the easy route by using Zanmato. Although, I'd see the challenge before hand.

This guy is just using a mix of every thing, even though it may not guarantee you 99 sphere levels:

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Gers, it's actually around 14 million gil you'll need. Not 25 lol, I got a huge when I found out the Battle Arena guy gives you 99 of the winning formulas. That only leads to 4 more characters to for the Triple Over Drive ability. With Yuna alone, she gets around 1500000 experience points for me.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    One more Trophy for that elusive Final Fantasy X platinum. Should have it done Tuesday-ish!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    One more Trophy for that elusive Final Fantasy X platinum. Should have it done Tuesday-ish!
    The only thing holding me back is that stupid Perfect Sphere Master. I got to farm my second set of 99 fortune spheres and then continue the process of the Don Tonberry. And then another fortune sphere set and i'll be done with that. I'm leaving the Dark Aeons and every final battle for last since there isnt basically that many test dummies to try your full potential with left in the game.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Yeah it's my last one. I had to take a detour and use clear spheres to max-out luck to beat Dark Yojimbo those five times, though. Just have Rikku to finish now, should be down in a day or two!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    This video was very helpful, knew there was a patch somewhere out there for dodging lightning strikes, so thanks.

I got 204 and then got hit. I was pretty panicked when I missed one as my timer for this only had on the clock 24 minutes. Thankfully got enough. All Celestials maxed bar Wakka's (which is just time consuming).

What creatures do you suggest grinding against at the arena for Strength Spheres and the like? Also, Triple/Double AP crafty-things?

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy General Discussion Thread

Yeah it's my last one. I had to take a detour and use clear spheres to max-out luck to beat Dark Yojimbo those five times, though. Just have Rikku to finish now, should be down in a day or two!
    I know you have now got the plat, so congrats man

Was there any particular guide you followed to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    Gers, it's actually around 14 million gil you'll need. Not 25 lol, I got a huge when I found out the Battle Arena guy gives you 99 of the winning formulas. That only leads to 4 more characters to for the Triple Over Drive ability. With Yuna alone, she gets around 1500000 experience points for me.
    Sorry I missed your posts man. 14 million is better than 25 lol

Have you managed to get 14 million yet? How close are you to the plat?

Last edited by Gers; 05-20-2014 at 06:18.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    I know you have now got the plat, so congrats man

Was there any particular guide you followed to get it?
    Cheers, man! Yeah I used the PlayStationTrophies one a fair bit, plus our very own Kyle wrote one that didn't end up going live on the site, so I had a gander at that!

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Hm I may have to ask Kyle nicely if I can have a gander

How long did it take you? Was it hard or just time consuming?

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Took me around 120 hours, although I made a few time-consuming mistakes along the way. It would take normal folk 105 hours or so. It's not that hard, I was dreading the 'dodge the lightning bolts' one but it was pretty okay, as was the Chocobo-related ones. Sphere Master is the most annoying as it takes the longest.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Still haven't done the 200 dodges but the vid that RVD posted should help. Found the two chocobo races pretty easy if I'm honest. 100+ hours is still a lot of time for a plat but I am determined to do this

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Yeah I wouldn't sink in so much time if it wasn't one of my favourite PS2 games. I promised to get that Platinum, haha!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by welshboymick View Post
    This video was very helpful, knew there was a patch somewhere out there for dodging lightning strikes, so thanks.

I got 204 and then got hit. I was pretty panicked when I missed one as my timer for this only had on the clock 24 minutes. Thankfully got enough. All Celestials maxed bar Wakka's (which is just time consuming).

What creatures do you suggest grinding against at the arena for Strength Spheres and the like? Also, Triple/Double AP crafty-things?

Creatures from the Battle Arena will assist you with Developing Spheres and Gil if you face the tough ones from the Original category; that's where I have been farming gil by selling their weapon drops that sell between 45k to 150k. I'll send you a few specifics who and who in few minutes.

Gers: Yeah, I'm done collecting gil. I'm about to finish Rikku's sphere grid and then I'll be working on Auron's. Then I'll need my set of 99 fortune spheres. Thanks to the Fortune Sphere farming I have been getting plenty of gil. I don't know if I should farm Dark Matters later on for the Ribbon ability. I could just straight up Zanmato every thing left in my away although I do want the break HP limit from the Dark Aeons.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    The species conquest One-Eye drops triple AP weapons, some with four slots. They sell for a boatload. Plus they're the basis by which you can use the Tonberry trick. There's a specific monster that drops strength spheres, but I can't remember which.

17. Likes welshboymick likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Fenrir = Agility spheres
    Pteryx = Evasion spheres
    Hornet = Accuracy spheres
    Vidatu = MP spheres
    One-Eye = Magic Defense spheres
    Jumbo Flan = Magic spheres
    Tanket = Defense spheres
    Juggernaut = Strength spheres
    Iron Clad = HP spheres

Earth Eater = Fortune spheres
    Greater Sphere = Luck spheres

One-Eye drops Triple AP weapons with 2 or 3 empty slots. The ones with 2 empty nodes is all you need. Thanks to the Battle Arena guy, he will give you 100 Doors to Tomorrow. By using 10 of those, it adds Overdrive > AP ability on the weapon. That will allow you to gain AP depending how your overdrive charges. Next, the Battle Arena guy will give you also 100 Winnining Formulas. By using 30, your weapons will have the ability Triple Overdrive. Hope you're noticing now the strategy lol. Now, you're thinking. Well...I have only 9 left, so what about the rest of the remaining characters? This is what you do. To get more Winning Formulas you'll need plenty of gil. You can bribe them from the Sand Worm Battle Arena for 900k gil. You'll receive at least 12-16 for each bribe. How do I get the gil? You can farm obsolete weapons and win gil from Mimic (with gillionaire, you'll triple gil rewards from batte) or battle monsters from the Battle Arena while farming your spheres, the weapons they drop could be sold from between 20k - 80k or if you're farming from the Original Creation; Earth Eater and Greater Sphere. They will drop around 45k -150k. From my experience so far, I have already collected more than 20 million gil. I still have to farm one more set of Fortune Spheres and I'm already done bribing from Sand Worm. That left me with 13 million gil. Going back to Sand Worm, if you see your bribe missed because you gave the exact amount. Make sure you save your game before you squander your money.

The purpose of this? When you have everything set, you can fight the Don Tonberry. Keep all characters on Comrade mode. The character gaining the huge chunk of AP experience will be the one reviving your characters. When the Don Tonberry is done countering with the Karma attack. You may just want to have legendary weapon ready from one of the characters that was part of the dying process so you can finally kill off the Don Tonberry.

This is if you want to maximize every stat to 255.

Forgot to mention. When you're adding the abilities to the weapon. Make sure its in this order.

Triple AP
    Overdrive > AP
    Triple Overdrive
    Last edited by robvandam111; 05-22-2014 at 15:19.

19. Likes welshboymick, Gers likes this post
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Ain't done it in a while but have hit you up some +rep for that post RVD. Will defo give this a go now that I know what I'm doing

21. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    Cheers guys, rep to both.

I knew about One Eye and a few other things, but you've filled in a load of gaps for me there, so thanks.

I've still got to run through Omega Ruins and Sin to capture those monsters, so that will populate the Arena and level me up a bit more to crack One Eye and the rest of them. Omega Ruins is so much more dangerous than I remembered, got around half way through, gained a ton of gil and items from chests and enemies, a fair few levels, captured a lot of fiends.. then Ambushed by Malboro and Bad Breath'd. Dead.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Cheers guys, rep to both.

I knew about One Eye and a few other things, but you've filled in a load of gaps for me there, so thanks.

I've still got to run through Omega Ruins and Sin to capture those monsters, so that will populate the Arena and level me up a bit more to crack One Eye and the rest of them. Omega Ruins is so much more dangerous than I remembered, got around half way through, gained a ton of gil and items from chests and enemies, a fair few levels, captured a lot of fiends.. then Ambushed by Malboro and Bad Breath'd. Dead.

I added a small information back there. For Malboro, make sure you have Confuse Ward and Berserk Ward if you want to capture without dying. And, for Demonlith make sure you have stone ward ( or petrification ward, what ever it was) so you won't get stoned. If you can capture all of those monsters from the Omega Ruins you'll complete it and not only that you'd have already captured three monsters that will already be found Inside Sin; Great Malboro, Adamantoise and Demonlith.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    welshboymick
    I've already died to Demonlith and learnt that lesson too

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I've already died to Demonlith and learnt that lesson too
    The good about fighting them in Inside Sin. They have a small probability using Bad Breath or Stone Breath.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Another thing: when the Tonberry trick's in full swing you'll quickly run out of spheres to activate nodes. Grab a few distillers off the Monster Arena guy and fight Kottos there. Put the distiller on him and beat him - you'll get 40 spheres of whatever the distiller was.

27. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Another thing: when the Tonberry trick's in full swing you'll quickly run out of spheres to activate nodes. Grab a few distillers off the Monster Arena guy and fight Kottos there. Put the distiller on him and beat him - you'll get 40 spheres of whatever the distiller was.

Remember this tip! You see, I did not know about this lol. What happens if you use the Extract Abilities, same thing?

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm in love all over again, got my Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster yesterday. Finally being able to play this game again for the first time since I packed my PS2 away.

Definitely going for the Platinum, never got the most out of this one when it first came out.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Thread Information