View Poll Results: The BEST FF so far is . . .

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy II

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy III

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IV

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy V

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VI

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy VII

10 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

3 15.00%
  • Final Fantasy IX

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy X

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

1 5.00%
Page 81 of 165 FirstFirst ... 718191 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 4119
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    The problem is finding the free agents and hope they leave their former team (just like actual sports lol).
    That's the most fun part of Blitzball, more-so than actually playing the sport. It gets really addicting as you track some of the better players, check how many games are left on their contracts, and play matches to have their contract go down, in order to build up your team.

The main problem with Blitzball is that it gets too easy once you acquire a good team. Then it's about how many goals you can score in one game.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    That's the most fun part of Blitzball, more-so than actually playing the sport. It gets really addicting as you track some of the better players, check how many games are left on their contracts, and play matches to have their contract go down, in order to build up your team.

The main problem with Blitzball is that it gets too easy once you acquire a good team. Then it's about how many goals you can score in one game.
    For you, I had the guide so I knew where to find them lol although I didn't have the perfect team. And it does come to a point when its practically incredibly easy with the scoring and handling the endurance. I've never maxed out anyone, the farthest was probably near the level 60 generally the entire team. My shooters were only Tidus and Edgar ( I believe that's his name; he's also Al Bhed). The Jecht Shot is the technique that makes the mini game even lenient and if you ended up getting Jecht Shot 2 there's just no mercy for the AI.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    BRRPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    Jamie Colliver,London, UK, Final Fantasy VII LittleBigPlanet 2 Remake Creator

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I'll keep this in mind for Blitzball, when the time comes. I barely even remember the mode, so maybe I'll like it this time through.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    BRRPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    I'll keep this in mind for Blitzball, when the time comes. I barely even remember the mode, so maybe I'll like it this time through.
    its one of the best parts of the game and one of the better minigames in final fantasy as a whole kind like handball underwater
    Jamie Colliver,London, UK, Final Fantasy VII LittleBigPlanet 2 Remake Creator

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    So I did end up saying $#@! it and started up FFX yesterday. I have forgotten so much of that game, but so far it has been positive. Tidus still annoys me with his voice, but I can tell things are going to be good. The sphere system seems pretty $#@!ing solid, too. Not very far or anything, but I think I'm going to really like it this time through.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    So I did end up saying $#@! it and started up FFX yesterday. I have forgotten so much of that game, but so far it has been positive. Tidus still annoys me with his voice, but I can tell things are going to be good. The sphere system seems pretty $#@!ing solid, too. Not very far or anything, but I think I'm going to really like it this time through.
    Just remember this when you're trying it. It's always good to save before attempting it in case you fail the first try:

Also, the items you get from the Temples. Don't sell tem (I believe). It ends up leading into the Magus Sisters and Anima summons.

8. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Thanks man, I'll definitely watch out for that when the time comes. I know the first time I played the game I probably missed out on it.

10. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    You can sell the Destruction Sphere treasures you get in the temples. In order to acquire Anima, you just need to open the chests. You don't need to have the treasure on you.

And don't worry. If you miss the Destruction Sphere treasures the first time around, you'll be able to access the entire world towards the end of the game, where you can go back to the temples and find the treasure.

12. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    You can sell the Destruction Sphere treasures you get in the temples. In order to acquire Anima, you just need to open the chests. You don't need to have the treasure on you.

And don't worry. If you miss the Destruction Sphere treasures the first time around, you'll be able to access the entire world towards the end of the game, where you can go back to the temples and find the treasure.
    I don't know remember how it happened. I remember opening every destruction sphere chest and I was still unable to open the door to Anima. That was from my first game save. I probably did miss something...O.o

@Sir_Scrud. You're welcome , Forgot to mention, you can still work on the Jecht Shot anytime you like when you're able to return to sailing. It's always good to learn it from the time its introduced thouigh.

I know this is the Final Fantasy thread. Started playing Legend of the Dragoon again...its really difficult getting used to Albert's Gust of Wind Dance.
    Last edited by robvandam111; 12-28-2012 at 16:16.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Thanks guys, going in blind while playing X, I would've probably missed out on these things. Any point in collecting the entire collection of the Al Bhed language? Besides understanding what they're saying?

So far I'm at the point where we just set sail, so not that far in. Liking it a lot though.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Any point in collecting the entire collection of the Al Bhed language? Besides understanding what they're saying?
    Not that I know of. You'll come across a lot of Al Bhed throughout the game though, so it's cool to understand what they're saying.

Also, if you start another file, you can load the primers you found in another file when you're in front of the Baaj Temple (the place Tidus meets Rikku).

So if you collected the entire language, you can load that in the beginning of your next file in order to understand everything.

Ultimate Veteran
    One thing I've always liked about Final Fantasy X were the Al Bhed and their primers. Unfortunately, I never did manage to collect all of them.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    So if you collected the entire language, you can load that in the beginning of your next file in order to understand everything.
    That's really neat. That was the first thought that popped in my head when I first was watching that scene. "I wonder if I knew the language, would they be making coherent statements". The whole idea of learning a language is neat, just curious if there was some major item connected to it.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    That's really neat. That was the first thought that popped in my head when I first was watching that scene. "I wonder if I knew the language, would they be making coherent statements". The whole idea of learning a language is neat, just curious if there was some major item connected to it.
    Not sure of anything else. If you're going to complete the game completely. You're going to have to learn the language if you want to get Rikku's legendary weapon to its full pontential. There's a Cactuar mini game at the Al Bhed home area where you need to connect intimate partners together.

Love this game

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    So I'm not that far in these days, but I've dabbled a little into Blitzball and I really like it. I definitely need some better players, but I imagine I won't be scouting better players until much later in the game. So I see to get Wakka's overdrives you gotta play blitzball, but I get confused on the requirements of this and that. Overall, sounds really worth it.

@RVD, thanks for the heads up on the Jecht Shot. That's been super helpful

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    So I'm not that far in these days, but I've dabbled a little into Blitzball and I really like it. I definitely need some better players, but I imagine I won't be scouting better players until much later in the game. So I see to get Wakka's overdrives you gotta play blitzball, but I get confused on the requirements of this and that. Overall, sounds really worth it.

Wakka's overdrives will show up as Tournament prizes. You can either do league play or tournaments, but you should only do league play if there is no tournament currently available.

So just keep playing tournaments and you'll see Wakka's overdrives show up as 1st Place prizes.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Now that the alpha is over, if anyone has any questions about 14, msg me.

Thank you itachi

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style

You're welcome. You'll be able to knock down a couple opposing team mates and blast the ball in front of Goalie's face. To emphasize what Ixion mentioned, not only you'll be awarded Wakka's overddrives. You got to play enough times to have his sigil appear and have someone award you around Luca (probably by the start of the sidequests) the World Champion weapon for Wakka as well.

Once you're working on your characters legendary weapons; you'll need the weapons; sigil and crest to unlock its full potential. Once you do that, the weapons the will be able to break damage limit and other abilities.

This is a little off topic but need help.

I am a Playstation Plus member and had just recently got a Vita for Christmas. I have recently been playing Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions and something has been driving me crazy. I downloaded it for free as a benefit of PS+ and have been playing it for just under 15 hours. I have played FF Tactics WOTL on PSP before and had actually traded it in because I was able to download it digitally. The thing that is driving me nuts is that I have noticed some differences between the digital version and the UMD version. The biggest thing is that there are certain abilities that are not in the game. It is kind of a big deal because the abilities that aren't there are important and useful abilities. I realized this is because the ability to Throw (Chemist) is not in the game as well as Counter (Monk). As anyone who has played the game before obviously not being able to throw makes a Chemist far less useful. There are other abilities missing as well but don't feel like listing all of them.

I was thinking of deleting the game and then redownloading and reinstalling it to see if that would correct the problem, although doubtful. So here is where I need help I would like someone to confirm this for me, and if it is correct what could I do to fix this problem. If delete the game does it delete my saves as well? The way vita stores data is kind of confusing and stupid IMO. I looked under content manager and could not see any data about the game. I was going to upload the saved data to the Cloud because I am a PS+ member but there was none there.

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    ^^^
    I have no idea, cohartiess. It sounds insane that throw for chemist or counter is not in the game. Those are major skills for those classes. Unfortunately, I don't know handhelds at all, best bet is to do some searching on the internet.

As for FFX news, I've got some good FFX time in this weekend and reached the Thunder Plains. The lightning sure is annoying lol. Has anyone ever done the dodge 200 in a row thing? Sounds like a big time sink. I'm not even focused on celestial weapons at the moment and some of them sound hard to get.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    As for FFX news, I've got some good FFX time in this weekend and reached the Thunder Plains. The lightning sure is annoying lol. Has anyone ever done the dodge 200 in a row thing? Sounds like a big time sink. I'm not even focused on celestial weapons at the moment and some of them sound hard to get.
    The lightning dodging mini-game and the chocobo racing mini-game (which you'll come across later) are my only problems with FFX. The lightning dodging is not that hard though, as long as you use the spot in this video:

At this spot, the lightning strikes pretty fast and at the same time interval.

The chocobo racing mini-game is just sadistic though. Unfortunately, both of these mini-games need to be completed in order to obtain the ultimate weapons.

27. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    The lightning dodging mini-game and the chocobo racing mini-game (which you'll come across later) are my only problems with FFX. The lightning dodging is not that hard though, as long as you use the spot in this video:

At this spot, the lightning strikes pretty fast and at the same time interval.

The chocobo racing mini-game is just sadistic though. Unfortunately, both of these mini-games need to be completed in order to obtain the ultimate weapons.
    I remember finding an accessory that allowed the lighting rate drop a lot faster and also making sure one of the characters had a "No Encounter" ability. It was my second or third try getting used to it and my streak ended at 258
    Last edited by robvandam111; 01-13-2013 at 17:46.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    I remember finding an accessory that allowed the lighting rate drop a lot faster and also making sure one of the characters had a "No Encounter" ability. It was my second or third try getting used to it and my streak ended at 258
    I forgot about the 'No Encounter' weapon ability. That's pretty much mandatory when trying that mini-game.

Thread Information