View Poll Results: The BEST FF so far is . . .

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy II

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy III

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IV

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy V

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VI

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy VII

10 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

3 15.00%
  • Final Fantasy IX

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy X

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

1 5.00%
Page 82 of 165 FirstFirst ... 728292 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 4119
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Oh wow, so that's how you do it! Briefly reading about it before made it sound really awful, but it seems like it's attainable. Good stuff guys. For my mission to beat all the FFs I'm trying to complete all the side stuff, too. Except for XII, obtaining some of the items was just way too ridiculous.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    That mini-game annoyed me. Kudos to all who obtained the final item for it.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Oh wow, so that's how you do it! Briefly reading about it before made it sound really awful, but it seems like it's attainable. Good stuff guys. For my mission to beat all the FFs I'm trying to complete all the side stuff, too. Except for XII, obtaining some of the items was just way too ridiculous.

When it came to FFXII. The only thing that I didn't get was the Zodiac Spear...I accidently opened up a chest. Other than that, I hate the gambit system; yeah to some its easy to use but it bothered me when ever the AI decided to do something that it shouldn't. Some how I was able to finish the game just by beating all the Boss battles. It took me four years to finish the game lol

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Id say excalibur II in IX is the hardest weapon to get

Thank you itachi

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    I hate the gambit system; yeah to some its easy to use but it bothered me when ever the AI decided to do something that it shouldn't.
    Are you saying there were glitches or were there just loopholes in your gambit set-up?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Are you saying there were glitches or were there just loopholes in your gambit set-up?
    No!

I used youtube walkthrough videos.

Since you mentioned glitches. I attempted one but couldn't do it on the ps3. It was the Henne Mine Zodiac Spear glitch.
    Last edited by robvandam111; 01-14-2013 at 18:03.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    No!

I used youtube walkthrough videos.

Since you mentioned glitches. I attempted one but couldn't do it on the ps3. It was the Henne Mine Zodiac Spear glitch.
    So you're saying there were no loopholes, and they still didn't do what you wanted?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    So you're saying there were no loopholes, and they still didn't do what you wanted?
    No loopholes. Basically most of the boss battles was just attack and simple magic attacks; brute force if you may call it. Although when it came to strategic boss battles there were moments the AI was doing something that wasn't suppose to. I can't recall something to be honest.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Yeah, a lot of Boss fights could be won with Berserk + Haste on melee fighters, one to cast magic. Except for the tougher hunts. I chalk it up that the Gambit system didn't cover all the bases for situations, but I did a lot of tweaking to my settings.

There was no "Vaan...steal once from this guy and don't try it again and then attack him the rest of the time. No, do not go steal from that other guy....stop stealing from him! You already got the item from the second dude!" There were ways to sorta fix this issue I had lol.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Yeah, a lot of Boss fights could be won with Berserk + Haste on melee fighters, one to cast magic. Except for the tougher hunts. I chalk it up that the Gambit system didn't cover all the bases for situations, but I did a lot of tweaking to my settings.

There was no "Vaan...steal once from this guy and don't try it again and then attack him the rest of the time. No, do not go steal from that other guy....stop stealing from him! You already got the item from the second dude!" There were ways to sorta fix this issue I had lol.
    I never had to make my gambits that complex, but I never got to the more difficult hunts. I think I only did the first half and then stopped.

And then there were those hunts where you weren't told the location. How was I supposed to do those? lol

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style

That's a perfect example of one. Whenever something like that occured I just had to turn off the Gambit on a certain character. Especially when you're holding down the escape button and one of the characters initiates an attack.

I never had to make my gambits that complex, but I never got to the more difficult hunts. I think I only did the first half and then stopped.

And then there were those hunts where you weren't told the location. How was I supposed to do those? lol
    Ever thought of finishing the Battle Hunts?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Ever thought of finishing the Battle Hunts?
    You have to finish the regular hunts first?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    http://www.ff12sector.com/ff12_mark_hunting_guide.php

I used this guide for finding any of the hunts that were non-descriptive. Many of them you needed to trigger something for the mark to show, which is pretty annoying when most of the time they don't explain any of it lol.

It also tells you the weaknesses and stuff, but I ignored that stuff the best I could. Just extremely useful knowing where they were located, any prereqs for the hunt, how to spawn it, and on top of what level range I should be in before attempting it.

Any of the ridiculous hunts like Yiazmat, I just skipped (hunt that can take several hours to kill). Did a majority of them.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    You have to finish the regular hunts first?
    Exactly what Sir_Crud posted. And just to add something, despite the fact how long it takes to kill the monster. The difficulty is pretty much easy once you have the stratedgy and perform with high level characters with complete skill set. I didn't finish the mini game until I was done leveling up everyone at the Henne Mines. Yiazmat is easy, just time depriving. When this game released back in 2006. I was only intrigued about the optional bosses and the superior one; I was intimidated once I found out about Yiazmat but I closed him out before the release of XIII.

The only challenge in the game though, and its all about pace. It's the Omega Mark XII. It has one miilion HP (not 10) and it reacts faster near to its defeat. The problem is not preparation, is finding him...

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I guess I missed the FF8 discussion in this thread. I love FF8 and listening to the music ALWAYS gives me nostalgia. I was listening to the piano version of "Eyes on Me" and did you know I almost cried listening to it? They need to remake the PS1 FFs in 3D but not mess it up.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    VIII definitely had if not the best, one of the best soundtracks in the entire series. Those PS1 games had to rely on music to set the stage for many of the dramatic scenes, they didn't have voice overs or the power to show emotions in the face of the characters. In VII,VIII, and IX, the soundtracks are so damn good at making you understand the struggle or situation of the scene.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I found FFVIs music the most impressive how Uematsu made it sound like the tracks had vocals. Good stuff for the SNES.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Final Fantasy VIII had some of the best action. Like the spider robot battle and the two gardens waging war in midair. Final Fantasy X, XII, XIII, and Last Story had some of the best music ever.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    About FFXII, If you guys are still interested in finishing off the battle hunts. This is what helped seal the deal against Omega Mark XII:

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Nice vid, RVD. I probably will never attempt this guy, it would many hours just to get the right gear and levels. Not to mention the other hunts. I will say that the hunts were probably my favorite part in XII.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Nice vid, RVD. I probably will never attempt this guy, it would many hours just to get the right gear and levels. Not to mention the other hunts. I will say that the hunts were probably my favorite part in XII.
    If you want to take the time, the Battle Hunts are very enjoyable. You can beat most of them with brute force. As long as you have everyone complete with their Ability board thing and max level 99.

If I remember correctly, Behemoth King is good to get a feeling when it comes to tough Battle Hunts, then there's one at the ending at the same area where you have to fight Yiazmat that forces go through floor to floor and against tough minions. And a Wyern that you have to fight before unlocking Yiazmat.

When it came to Yiazmat, I had looked for a video that I could be comfortable with when it came to setting up the gambits. Samething with Omega Mark XII although the problem with Omega is not fighting him, its actually finding him. The best thing about fighting Yiazmat, his HP may be intimidating but you can take as long as you want to beat him. Just make sure you do not do anything else. Entering and exiting the coliseum will actually protect you and recharge for another run. You're counted at the times you leave and come back.

PSN ID
    sektoderselters9
    That's a perfect example of one. Whenever something like that occured I just had to turn off the Gambit on a certain character. Especially when you're holding down the escape button and one of the characters initiates an attack.
    That was one of the things that made me hate the game. XII was the first FF that featured programmable attacks for your party but I found it easier to just turn them off most of the time.

PSN ID
    voicebox88
    I really hope there is some sort of final fantasy ps2 HD collection in the works. I haven't played FF12 since it came out, and admittedly i didnt really like it that much, but would like to give it another go...and sadly my ps2 is broken. Its probably unlikely now that FFX HD is coming out.

It would have been so great for them to release FFX, FFX-2 and FFXII in one collection, and then a Final fantasy VII anniversary collection with FFVII:advent children complete, FFVII: before crisis, FFVII: Crisis Core and FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus (another game I want to replay that i dont really remember). It would be especially amazing if the latter came with a hidden teaser/secret movie announcing a FFVII HD Remake.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    It does surprise me they don't do some kind of ps2 HD collection, but then again, it's hard to say WTF they are even doing this gen. I feel like they are spreading themselves really thin on different projects, so this might be too much of a undertaking. It wouldn't even surprise me if the FFX HD remaster is of the original version, and not the international.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    It does surprise me they don't do some kind of ps2 HD collection, but then again, it's hard to say WTF they are even doing this gen. I feel like they are spreading themselves really thin on different projects, so this might be too much of a undertaking. It wouldn't even surprise me if the FFX HD remaster is of the original version, and not the international.
    Well that would be a downgrade for EU as the international version is the only one we got

Thank you itachi

Thread Information