View Poll Results: The BEST FF so far is . . .

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy II

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy III

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IV

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy V

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VI

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy VII

10 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

3 15.00%
  • Final Fantasy IX

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy X

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

1 5.00%
Page 84 of 166 FirstFirst ... 748494 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 4129
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    You need to get BACK ON FFXII....
    Are you saying FFXII had the same problems? I would have to disagree, since it had many impressive and vibrant towns, encampments, and shops to break up the pacing. Not to mention the seamless battles made the battle sections less jarring.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Are you saying FFXII had the same problems? I would have to disagree, since it had many impressive and vibrant towns, encampments, and shops to break up the pacing. Not to mention the seamless battles made the battle sections less jarring.
    No lol, you got to finish the battle hunts. Atleast they're entertaining than the ones from XIII.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    So I did the whole badass trying to stop the wedding sequence and then got to the Bevelle Temple puzzle. Definitely the most frustrating temple puzzle so far. I should've just looked that one up.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    So I did the whole badass trying to stop the wedding sequence and then got to the Bevelle Temple puzzle. Definitely the most frustrating temple puzzle so far. I should've just looked that one up.

Don't worry, its going to be the last puzzeling temple. Just make sure you have opened up every precedent destruction items.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Yeah, the last puzzle is a bit easier, and more fun.

If you missed any of the Destruction Spheres, you'll be able to go back and get them after acquiring the airship.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Don't worry, its going to be the last puzzeling temple. Just make sure you have opened up every precedent destruction items.
    Yeah, the last puzzle is a bit easier, and more fun.

If you missed any of the Destruction Spheres, you'll be able to go back and get them after acquiring the airship.
    Yeah, because you guys warned me before I haven't missed the destruction spheres. I actually enjoy figuring out the puzzles, then figuring out where the destruction sphere goes. As for Bevelle, the whole process was a pain.

I also recruited Brother for Blitzball back on the airship. Haven't tried him out yet, but hope he helps my team out a bit.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Brother is one of the best players in the early going. As everyone levels up though, he won't be as good anymore.

My team usually consisted of:

F: Tidus
    F: Wakka
    M: Vuroja
    D: Jassu
    D: Ropp
    G: Nimrook

All six of those players will be good throughout the course of leveling. Jassu won't end up quite as good as the other five, but he'll still be solid.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    How much Blitzball do you usually do? My guys are around like level 10-17 with Tidus and Wakka being much higher than most. I've played a decent amount of it so far, since I like the mode a lot.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    How much Blitzball do you usually do? My guys are around like level 10-17 with Tidus and Wakka being much higher than most. I've played a decent amount of it so far, since I like the mode a lot.
    I don't remember much about my roster but there was a time that I had to expire Wakka and allow this Al Bhed named Edgar. He's really good and comes with the Sphere Shot, with Tidus's Jecht Shot and the other Sphere Shot while I break down the defense, its over.

I believe I had Tidus on level 60 (played a lot, didn't get the Jecht Shot 2 though.) To some point you'll be rewarded Wakka's sigil to unlock his celestial weapon potential.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Tidus, Letty, Edgar. Win. Seriously, these guys are awesome and my power team. Otherwise I kept Keepa, he's decent but there's a female Guado, maybe human, who is much better. Her contract never expired though. Can't remember who I had as my defense-players. Had a few Al Bhed forwards though. Would have liked to have grabbed at least one Ronso for my rear-ranks. Oh well. I had my characters very high level, and still won every game with a relatively sub-par team stats wise. How? Tidus. Edgar. Letty. And never let loose that red haired player on your team. He sucks at low levels, but he gets pretty good at high levels. Or maybe he just hated me for not keeping him on the team.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Ultimate Veteran
    What are your thoughts on Square Enix releasing a game solely based on Blitzball? It's probably too late at this point but it seems like nearly everyone who played Final Fantasy X enjoyed the mini-game.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I was addicted to Blitzball at one point about ten years ago, so I got up to the 60s or 70s. The main problem with Blitzball is that it becomes way too easy once you acquire a good team. You can't lose. Everything else about it is great, but that's usually caused me to lose interest after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    What are your thoughts on Square Enix releasing a game solely based on Blitzball? It's probably too late at this point but it seems like nearly everyone who played Final Fantasy X enjoyed the mini-game.
    It would be interesting, but half the fun of Blitzball (for me at least) is going around Spira, searching for players, checking their abilities and contracts, etc. So unless a Blitzball game included the entirety of Spira, then I don't think I would like it as much.

Our best bet is to have Blitzball expanded in the HD remaster.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    I have wanted a Blitzball only game for ages. Sure, it would remove a lot of the fun of finding the players, but that doesn't really bother me. I personally was just a huge fan of the game itself. I've racked up an ungodly number of hours playing Blitzball. It is by far my favorite mini-game in any series. And that's saying a lot. So yes, I've been wishing for a Blitzball game for quite a few years now.

-FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Too much to quote, but good stuff. I know I should probably wait until endgame until I get deep into Blitzball, but I like to switch up the game by playing a little of it when I can. Letty has been pretty solid, but since I signed Brother I'll give him a swirl. As for a standalone Blitzball title, I think they would have to flesh it out a little more, but I think that would be pretty cool.

PSN ID
    sektoderselters9
    I wouldn't buy that. The minigame itself was fun and all but the premise didn't make sense at all. Plus the fact that the EU version of the game suffered a lot from NTSC->PAL Slowdown I never really got into it. It wasn't fast paced enough anymore.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter von Frosta View Post
    I wouldn't buy that. The minigame itself was fun and all but the premise didn't make sense at all. Plus the fact that the EU version of the game suffered a lot from NTSC->PAL Slowdown I never really got into it. It wasn't fast paced enough anymore.
    They slowed it down for the International version? I hope that's not how the HD remaster is.

PSN ID
    sektoderselters9
    No, that wasn't what I meant. Back in the day Square only did bad NTSC to PAL conversions. You have to keep in mind that NTSC uses 60hz and PAL 50hz and games need to be adjusted accordingly.
    Square used until FFXII the cheap localizing option of simply displaying all 60fps games with 50fps only, slowing them down essentially. That is a slowdown of 17%!

PSN ID
    sektoderselters9
    Comparison video:

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    ^^^

Wow, never knew anything about that! That would've drove me insane if it happened here, I think. So for my progress, I've tried out Brother and he's amazing (at least at these low levels).

I'm not losing a single game now. Basically Brother intercepts everything, passes with ease, and seems faster than the competition. I can basically lure half the team to brother and have him pass to an open Tidus or Wakka for an easy goal.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter von Frosta View Post
    Comparison video:

Jeez, I can't believe my European brethren had to play FFX in slow-motion. Never knew that.

I'm not losing a single game now. Basically Brother intercepts everything, passes with ease, and seems faster than the competition. I can basically lure half the team to brother and have him pass to an open Tidus or Wakka for an easy goal.
    Yeah, Brother dominates in the early going. But he tops out pretty quickly.

Vuroja is the best long-term Middie. He can be found swimming in the water in Kilika next to the boat. You just have to hope the Beasts let him go for some reason though. Usually teams let their players go the 2nd or 3rd time they're up for free agency.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    ^^^

Wow, never knew anything about that! That would've drove me insane if it happened here, I think. So for my progress, I've tried out Brother and he's amazing (at least at these low levels).

If you want a tough goalie, I believe Yuma from the Guado team is the best in the game. For another wing player to help Tidus, recommend Edgar from the Al Bhed team.

By the way, make sure you get the Capture Weapons so you can capture monster for Auron's Sigil. Those are unlocked once you get to the Calm Lands.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    If you want a tough goalie, I believe Yuma from the Guado team is the best in the game.
    Nope, Nimrook is the best goalie in the game. He's the Al Bhed Psych's goalie.

Yuma is one of the best in the first half of leveling though.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Nope, Nimrook is the best goalie in the game. He's the Al Bhed Psych's goalie.

Yuma is one of the best in the first half of leveling though.
    Yeah, you're correct. Nimrook has a 67 CA while Yuma has 48 CA once you're on level 99.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    I've kinda played a lot of Blitzball now. Whenever I load up X, I feel like playing a few, and then before you know it I've spent 2 hours playing Blitzball. Something about it is just so much fun.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Yep, it really is one of most addictive games you'll play, which is an amazing feat, since its a mini-game.

Thread Information