View Poll Results: The BEST FF so far is . . .

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy II

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy III

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IV

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy V

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VI

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy VII

10 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

3 15.00%
  • Final Fantasy IX

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy X

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

1 5.00%
Page 85 of 165 FirstFirst ... 758595 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 4119
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

FFVII engine deconstructed

Download PDF here if you want.
    I collect such pdfs even though I have NO idea what all that means

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

3. Likes Sajuuk Khar likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    lol, Pretty much all Snape based images make me laugh :P

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    After about 27 hours, I decided to stop playing FFXIII-2. I'm close to the end, but my characters are not strong enough to get through the last area, which requires me to go around and do a lot of the side-quests. But since I'm not really enjoying this game and only trying to beat it for the hell of it, I'm not going to waste my time.

I've got better games to play!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Damn, I gotta say from the demo I couldn't get into XIII-2. I fear this is what will happen once I try and play XIII. After I beat X, it will be the only main series title I have not completed.

Items Deadmau5
    After about 27 hours, I decided to stop playing FFXIII-2. I'm close to the end, but my characters are not strong enough to get through the last area, which requires me to go around and do a lot of the side-quests. But since I'm not really enjoying this game and only trying to beat it for the hell of it, I'm not going to waste my time.
    Weird game, I always hear different things from people. Guess it depends what time gates you go through during the campaign. Personally mine was way too easy, but I enjoyed other aspects of the game like the monster collecting and treasure hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Damn, I gotta say from the demo I couldn't get into XIII-2. I fear this is what will happen once I try and play XIII. After I beat X, it will be the only main series title I have not completed.
    XIII is a much more polished game than XIII-2, and if you enjoyed X I think you'll find it easy to get into. Very similar development team, same director and producer (Toriyama/Kitase).

XIII-2 is just a fun little spin off for fans, similar to X-2.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    FFIX was technically broken for the PAL version too.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

I've got better games to play!
    Final Fantasy XIII-2 is the second easiest FF next to X. If you're by the end of the game, just enjoy what's left of it. If you were to have a guide on you. You'll see how great of game Square put up there compared to the first one. What exactly have you done though?

Damn, I gotta say from the demo I couldn't get into XIII-2. I fear this is what will happen once I try and play XIII. After I beat X, it will be the only main series title I have not completed
    FFXIII-2 is very enjoyable if you know how to handle the game. Final Fantasy XIII is good, nothing compared to other installments though. The problem with XIII is the restriction with the battle system and forced playing the storyline. Once you're done playing the storyline, there's nothing special about FFXIII.

XIII-2 really opens up XIII a lot more and its fun actually catching the monster and have them as your companion. I'm not sure how Lighting Returns is going to close things out. Cauis is the next badass next to Seifer.

I really recommend you guys to get the guides...after playing XIII-2 it made me appreciate Square again. The game is great if you work on everything.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by upmagic View Post
    Weird game, I always hear different things from people. Guess it depends what time gates you go through during the campaign. Personally mine was way too easy, but I enjoyed other aspects of the game like the monster collecting and treasure hunting.

XIII is a much more polished game than XIII-2, and if you enjoyed X I think you'll find it easy to get into. Very similar development team, same director and producer (Toriyama/Kitase).

XIII-2 is just a fun little spin off for fans, similar to X-2.

It's the other way around. XIII-2 is a more polished version of XIII. At least I can say that XIII-2 is a lot better than X-2. The only difference is that X-2 has better depth of its story.

Items Deadmau5
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    It's the other way around. XIII-2 is a more polished version of XIII. At least I can say that XIII-2 is a lot better than X-2. The only difference is that X-2 has better depth of its story.
    Eh, XIII-2's campaign was pretty much autopilot -- it wasn't paced at all. XIII obviously had a lot more planning behind it, had a more natural difficulty curve, and benefited from having a good source of drama to push you through the slower segments. XIII-2 is literally just Rav/Rav/Commando until the final series of fights vs purple man, with no memorable faceoffs or reveals in between.

Of course, I understand if anyone likes XIII-2 better because it appeals to a different subset of gamers (easter eggs, monster collecting, exploration, etc...), but project vs project, XIII is just constructed better. It's carefully designed to be the classic epic while XIII-2 feels a bit thrown together, in both its continuation with the narrative and the battle system.

Have you read my XIII review? I think it would serve this discussion well. I promise I write better in formal than I do on message boards.
    Last edited by upmagic; 02-10-2013 at 04:04.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Eh, XIII-2's campaign was pretty much autopilot -- it wasn't paced at all. XIII obviously had a lot more planning behind it, had a more natural difficulty curve, and benefited from having a good source of drama to push you through the slower segments. XIII-2 is literally just Rav/Rav/Commando until the final series of fights vs purple man, with no memorable faceoffs or reveals in between.

Of course, I understand if anyone likes XIII-2 better because it appeals to a different subset of gamers (easter eggs, monster collecting, exploration, etc...), but project vs project, XIII is just constructed better. It's carefully designed to be the classic epic while XIII-2 feels a bit thrown together, in both its continuation with the narrative and the battle system.

Have you read my XIII review? I think it would serve this discussion well. I promise I write better in formal than I do on message boards.
    Not quite, you had a lot more freedom in XIII-2. You ddin't need to pace yourself much in the game although you still needed the same mechanics to go through bosses exactly as XIII. XIII was more of an auto-pilot game due to the fact you had just walk ahead and learn how just to move the paradigm shift. In both games you can rely on the RAV/RAV/COM stratedgy as much as you can. When it came to XIII's way, it was just a way to tout the player onto the story.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I feel both FFXIII and FFXIII-2 had poor stories, and I didn't really like the battle system either. By the end of both games, it felt like a chore to play.

I was up to:

The monsters there were significantly stronger than what I had been fighting. So I started doing the side-quests, but it felt like a job to me, so I stopped. I didn't like the game nearly enough to do all of that.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I feel both FFXIII and FFXIII-2 had poor stories, and I didn't really like the battle system either. By the end of both games, it felt like a chore to play.

I was up to:

The monsters there were significantly stronger than what I had been fighting. So I started doing the side-quests, but it felt like a job to me, so I stopped. I didn't like the game nearly enough to do all of that.

You're at the finale of the storyline. What are the levels of your paradigms? It's always best to get some things done once the Side Quests begins. I wish I knew your progress, I don't mind helping out. And whatever you have done, don't play the slot machines yet in case you have not.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Wait what? FFXIII-2 is hard?
    I raped the final boss with full health and I didn't even do all the side quests. Seriously it was such a breeze, compared to my 50 deaths in FFXIII final boss

16. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    You're at the finale of the storyline. What are the levels of your paradigms? It's always best to get some things done once the Side Quests begins. I wish I knew your progress, I don't mind helping out. And whatever you have done, don't play the slot machines yet in case you have not.
    Noel:

COM - 99
    SEN - 86
    SYN - 86

Serah

RAV - 99
    SAB - 57
    MED - 57
    SEN - 57

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Final Fantasy XIII is good, nothing compared to other installments though. The problem with XIII is the restriction with the battle system and forced playing the storyline. Once you're done playing the storyline, there's nothing special about FFXIII.
    Yeah, that's true. With X, yeah I'm playing it for the story but I'm also playing copious amounts of Blitzball. It's nice to have SOMETHING else to do outside of the story. I imagine I'll have fun with some of the celestial weapons hunting once I get my airship. If I recall from chatter over the years, obtaining the best weapons in XIII is a gigantic pain in the ass.

This is where I'm at with XIII, but after spending a few years to beat all the FFs, I have a new appreciation or in some cases, the hype was deflated from the game. So I MIGHT like it, but I will say this: I won't play XIII for 27 hours if I'm not liking it. I have enough of a backlog to play or games I'd rather attempt to platinum. Would be a shame to not complete my little mission, though.

I have been enjoying X a lot, and I will give XIII a fair shake this time. After all, I went through the entire series and now I'll have a new outlook on the final game.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Noel:

COM - 99
    SEN - 86
    SYN - 86

Serah

RAV - 99
    SAB - 57
    MED - 57
    SEN - 57
    That's ok but not enough, There's still a lot more to develope. In Academia you'll need the gravity jump to get through mostly the entire area comfortably.

How many fragments you have?

Yeah, that's true. With X, yeah I'm playing it for the story but I'm also playing copious amounts of Blitzball. It's nice to have SOMETHING else to do outside of the story. I imagine I'll have fun with some of the celestial weapons hunting once I get my airship. If I recall from chatter over the years, obtaining the best weapons in XIII is a gigantic pain in the ass.

I doubt you'll even need XIII's ultimate weapons, its cool to have them but its very time consuming. They're very hectic to get because there's component you'll need to evolve it. Also, farming good components to level up the weapons which is...even more time consuming. Just by going through chapter to chapter, the game will automatically guide you until you can take on the rest of the chapters and boss fights yourself.

Ixion, didn't you buy the FFXIII-2 guide? o.O

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Noel:

COM - 99
    SEN - 86
    SYN - 86

Serah

RAV - 99
    SAB - 57
    MED - 57
    SEN - 57
    I had 3 roles maxed for each character when I went into the final battle with other roles at lvl 60 I think. May be a bit off on the numbers.

Basically the STR and MAG stats for both characters were high 600s or almost 700 (obviously I mean their main stats, like for Noel the str was 700 and serah's mag was 690)

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Don't wish to derail discussion but, everyone should have a read of upmagic's review of FF IV, which is now on the PSU homepage:

http://www.psu.com/a018256/Community...-IV-by-upmagic

Master Poster
    So I picked up FFIV for my DS as well as Chrono Trigger...and FFIV has me hooked.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Yeah, I wasn't the biggest fan of IV. It wasn't bad, but it was far from being great. For me there's just no reason to ever play it again. I just felt there was nothing really special about it. I liked Cecil and Kain. As for the job system, I've always liked the Dragoon class so I enjoyed that aspect.

I doubt you'll even need XIII's ultimate weapons, its cool to have them but its very time consuming. They're very hectic to get because there's component you'll need to evolve it. Also, farming good components to level up the weapons which is...even more time consuming. Just by going through chapter to chapter, the game will automatically guide you until you can take on the rest of the chapters and boss fights yourself.
    That's unfortunate. One of the best parts of FF for me is the side $#@! once the world is opened up to me. If it's getting an optional summon, fighting an optional boss, or triggering a completely optional side story, those are things that make me really appreciate the game.

For X, I will do MOST of the side stuff when I get to it. Well, unless it pisses me off (like the lightning mini game or chocobo $#@!). So to hear that XIII's final weapons are pretty much pointless, that's disheartening. I think I'm going to kick up my X playtime and power through some.

Items Deadmau5
    XIII has the best end game hunts IMO. Ultimate weapons won't save you, which is what I like. It's just a bunch of tough fights.

Though, XII's are a favorite of mine, too.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't the biggest fan of IV. It wasn't bad, but it was far from being great. For me there's just no reason to ever play it again. I just felt there was nothing really special about it. I liked Cecil and Kain. As for the job system, I've always liked the Dragoon class so I enjoyed that aspect.

That's unfortunate. One of the best parts of FF for me is the side $#@! once the world is opened up to me. If it's getting an optional summon, fighting an optional boss, or triggering a completely optional side story, those are things that make me really appreciate the game.

For X, I will do MOST of the side stuff when I get to it. Well, unless it pisses me off (like the lightning mini game or chocobo $#@!). So to hear that XIII's final weapons are pretty much pointless, that's disheartening. I think I'm going to kick up my X playtime and power through some.
    Yeah, FFX's side-quests are quite fun besides the two you mentioned. There are three secret summons to find, seven Celestial Weapons (which involve quests of their own), the overdrives, some secret dungeons, and the mini-games like Blitzball.

Definitely tons more fun and interesting than FFXIII's quests, which is simply 65 hunts. And FFXIII-2's quests are mostly just fetch quests.

Ultimate Veteran
    I've only put two hours into Final Fantasy VIII. I understand the Junction system but I still don't like it.

I mean, one of the reasons I like Final Fantasy IX is because it rewards you for doing stuff that you normally like to do in JRPGs - buying new equipment in a new town boosts certain stats. Or how in Final Fantasy X, the sphere grid has you leveling up to get stronger and learn different spells and tricks.

It just doesn't seem as fun in Final Fantasy VIII. Maybe I'll get used to it but I'm really just playing the game for the story right now.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-11-2013 at 20:53.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Final Fantasy XII has the best battle hunt mini game compared to what XIII had to offer. In XIII, you're coerced to finish the battles within a regulation in order to get a perfect ranking (That's IF you're playing for trophies, which I don't mind because you're completing the game 100%). There's so much to walk through just to get through those battles.

Final Fantasy XIII-2, reminds me of X. If you're doing things properly and you're intrigued about the aspects of the game. You'll just dwell of what it has to offer. They seem to be far-fetch but its not because the SideQuests in XIII-2 are actually connected to the story.

Y'know, as much I love Final Fantasy. No matter what the problem was. I always found a way to enjoy it. I'm incredulous seeing at some of these posts...

Thread Information