View Poll Results: The BEST FF so far is . . .

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy II

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy III

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IV

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy V

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VI

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy VII

10 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

3 15.00%
  • Final Fantasy IX

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy X

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

1 5.00%
Page 87 of 166 FirstFirst ... 778797 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 4126
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    You do seem incapable...
    Don't get defensive because I don't like the same things you like.

There's no such thing as being 'incapable' with an RPG. All that matters is the amount of time put in, and if the game is bad, why should I put in the time?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Out of the main entries, I've completed VII, VIII, IX, X, XII, and XIII.

I love VII, X, and XII. I think IX was very good. I didn't like VIII or XIII.

I have VI on PSN and I can't really get into it. It's just too outdated for me.
    Oh man, that's too bad. You're missing out on one of, and in my opinion, the best Final Fantasies.
    I really need to get back into VIII. I had beat VII and started VIII, but then the Wii U came out and I stopped. But now I'm into watching Doctor Who in my free time lol. So I'll get back into it eventually
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    FFVI is awesome, FFV is my favorite pre Sony Final Fantasy title though.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    FFVI is awesome, FFV is my favorite pre Sony Final Fantasy title though.
    You should listen to last week podcast in which I jokely announcing FFV as a ps4 tech demo lol in my predictions ps2= FFVIII ps3= FFVII and as FFVIwas the N64 tech demo, FFV will be ps4!

Thank you itachi

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I just wasn't having fun playing FFVI. It was just battle after a battle. I did like the characters though.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Don't get defensive because I don't like the same things you like.

There's no such thing as being 'incapable' with an RPG. All that matters is the amount of time put in, and if the game is bad, why should I put in the time?
    The point is not being defensive, its about knowing what you haven't done before you throw things in the back of the bus. You judge too quickly when you haven't gotten to a point. In a certain aspect, I was never too huge of FFXII story but I still enjoyed it and once the battle hunts were still open. The challenge brought more than just the story.

I see where you're coming though, maturity takes its interest.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    The point is not being defensive, its about knowing what you haven't done before you throw things in the back of the bus. You judge too quickly when you haven't gotten to a point. In a certain aspect, I was never too huge of FFXII story but I still enjoyed it and once the battle hunts were still open. The challenge brought more than just the story.

I see where you're coming though, maturity takes its interest.
    C'mon, I played FFXIII-2 for 27 hours. That's more than enough time to decide if I should continue playing the game.

With that said, I'm not going to review the game obviously, since I never completed it.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    C'mon, I played FFXIII-2 for 27 hours. That's more than enough time to decide if I should continue playing the game.

With that said, I'm not going to review the game obviously, since I never completed it.
    Fine...did you atleast get on a Red Chocobo?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Fine...did you atleast get on a Red Chocobo?
    The ones that have the 'Crazy Chocobo' song?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter von Frosta View Post
    Quick question: Does the FF XII International Zodiac Version have english text and item names?
    I believe it does not. There have been fan projects on the internet to bring the english text to the game combining the original and international versions together. It does have english voices, though.

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    I thought the Junction / Draw system of VIII was a unique hook, and I commend Square for trying something rather radical after the insane success of VII.

Between VII, VIII, and IX, I actually enjoy VIII's story the most. However, I haven't technically finished VII or VIII - though like any enthusiast gamer, I know the gist from Internet exposure.

X is my jam - the first FF game I played, my second-favorite JRPG ever, etc. I also enjoyed X-2 quite a bit - dresspheres and garments grids were a great way to freshen up ATBs.

Quit XII after 15 hours. Tried numerous times to go back and/or restart; I just can't do it. It's so boring.

Quit XIII after 7 hours. I was actually enjoying myself, but I started feeling like a robot going through motions. Got distracted and haven't gone back.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Go backwards instead of forwards lol, you need to play the SNES era.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    The ones that have the 'Crazy Chocobo' song?
    Yes.

I recommend you guys to those haven't finished any Final Fantasy game. I know how that boring feeling feels like but try getting guide despite the fact you guys want to do the playthrough without any help.

If its any of the original SNES versions, just youtube it or something. Anything from PlayStation and above; guide.
    Last edited by robvandam111; 02-12-2013 at 22:15.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Yes.

I recommend you guys to those haven't finished any Final Fantasy game. I know how that boring feeling feels like but try getting guide despite the fact you guys want to do the playthrough without any help.

If its any of the original SNES versions, just youtube it or something. Anything from PlayStation and above; guide.
    Dude, I didn't stop playing because I was stuck. I stopped because I wasn't enjoying the game.

By the way, I have one of those limited edition FFXIII guides, which I never really used. I wonder how much I can sell that for...

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    To propose a question, Do you think that FF7 will make It onto the Ps4? I know It's a dead horse but...

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Dude, I didn't stop playing because I was stuck. I stopped because I wasn't enjoying the game.

By the way, I have one of those limited edition FFXIII guides, which I never really used. I wonder how much I can sell that for...
    I meant it as exploring the title completely, you don't necessarily have to be stuck to use a guide. And that was just a general response.

So, even though you have played X numerous times. Why weren't you interested in the battle arena?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    So, even though you have played X numerous times. Why weren't you interested in the battle arena?
    Because then I would just be grinding and grinding to beat those monsters. Playing through the story is a much more balanced and engaging experience (to me at least).

Don't get me wrong. I usually always did the other quests, like the secret Aeons, the Omega Ruins, the Celestial weapons, and Blitzball. But the monster arena was just there to give you something to test your grinding on, which is great for people who want to do that. But I always had an urge to play through the story again.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    To propose a question, Do you think that FF7 will make It onto the Ps4? I know It's a dead horse but...
    I'd say Vita is more likely now tbh but highly unlikely on any platform.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Because then I would just be grinding and grinding to beat those monsters. Playing through the story is a much more balanced and engaging experience (to me at least).

Don't get me wrong. I usually always did the other quests, like the secret Aeons, the Omega Ruins, the Celestial weapons, and Blitzball. But the monster arena was just there to give you something to test your grinding on, which is great for people who want to do that. But I always had an urge to play through the story again.
    The Battle Arena is a breeze. Since you have worked on the Celestial Weapons; Auron's sigil is rewarded by capturing 10 monsters, 10 different species of 10 different regions, right? Once you got all of weapons in their full potential. Just enjoy yourself with the sphere grid, and if you want more power the monster at the arena drop specific type of spheres. Most of them are really weak.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Yes.

Yeah, guides are helpful for side stuff, but I really don't like the idea of spoiling the main story with knowing the next boss fight or what's the exploitable weakness. When I was doing the XII hunts I steered clear of those details because I wanted to learn how to fight 'em on my own. Learn to make my own strategy.

I think this, if something is boring, you shouldn't feel obligated to finish it. If someone plays VIII all the way through but doesn't get Lionheart or go after the extra GFs, that doesn't mean they don't have the gist of the game. They may not be a completionist in the exact literal term, but FF is notorious for having some ridiculous stuff thrown in each game. I think it's pretty fair to judge the game by that point.

I am curious, do you give other genres the same kind of treatment? Would you only judge a fighting game if you have mastered every single character? If someone puts 20 hrs into Tekken, but they only do it as half the roster, does that mean they did not give the game a fair shake?

Not saying this with any venom, just curious on your viewpoint.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Yeah, guides are helpful for side stuff, but I really don't like the idea of spoiling the main story with knowing the next boss fight or what's the exploitable weakness. When I was doing the XII hunts I steered clear of those details because I wanted to learn how to fight 'em on my own. Learn to make my own strategy.

I think this, if something is boring, you shouldn't feel obligated to finish it. If someone plays VIII all the way through but doesn't get Lionheart or go after the extra GFs, that doesn't mean they don't have the gist of the game. They may not be a completionist in the exact literal term, but FF is notorious for having some ridiculous stuff thrown in each game. I think it's pretty fair to judge the game by that point.

I am curious, do you give other genres the same kind of treatment? Would you only judge a fighting game if you have mastered every single character? If someone puts 20 hrs into Tekken, but they only do it as half the roster, does that mean they did not give the game a fair shake?

Not saying this with any venom, just curious on your viewpoint
    Well, when it comes to fighting games. It wasn't always about mastering a character combos. I was never too good at fighting games. Street Fighter 2 World Champion was my first, I remember completing the game with every character on the max difficulty. I had always been defeated by my older brother because he was that good with the controls and even when years pass; downloaded it from the Virtual Console to bring some good memories back and the guy still puts me down. When it came to Mortal Kombat, I played with every characters. Donkey Kong Country Games; get every single bonus coins and DK coins. Super Mario games, from what I have owned completed all of that paths to every single level. MGS4, Big Boss emblem was a must. Well you got the idea, but for fighting games I'd use every character although I'm not capable of performing in that type of style mastery. It's more of a playing just the Arcade mode but not trying the Adventure mode its what I'm basing things. You got to try Arcade and Adventure mode if you want to see something out of the ordinary. Would I mind mastering a character's combo list? Sure.

When it comes to Final Fantasy, there's another world out there than just world of the story. Even with Kingdom Hearts, Legend of Dragoon and XenoSaga. Just as I said a couple posts ago, with Final Fantasy XII. I wasn't so fond about the story. It took me 4 years JUST to finish the story. Wasn't interested but I wanted to finish it and led me to complete the battle hunts just right before XIII. It was also something that I wasn't used to because I had control of every character before. Now, I feel nostalgic just thinking about it. I actually enjoyed the story in the end and the moment when I felt like giving up to something that had 36 million HP....no, I kicked his ass just like every single threat that Square has pulled off out of there hats. You have read my comments on XIII. I don't like to be coerced into something that's going to waste me more than what I usually play on a Final Fantasy game. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the game. The story was cool, graphics are beautiful and gameplay is fun despite. I will emphasize away, just keep on asking.

PSN ID
    sektoderselters9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    You should listen to last week podcast in which I jokely announcing FFV as a ps4 tech demo lol in my predictions ps2= FFVIII ps3= FFVII and as FFVIwas the N64 tech demo, FFV will be ps4!
    FF VII was the N64 tech demo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMjkzEhIsj8

And you can still see from the art style that it was intended for the N64.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    It would be nice to see a FFIX Tech Demo.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    The Battle Arena is a breeze. Since you have worked on the Celestial Weapons; Auron's sigil is rewarded by capturing 10 monsters, 10 different species of 10 different regions, right? Once you got all of weapons in their full potential. Just enjoy yourself with the sphere grid, and if you want more power the monster at the arena drop specific type of spheres. Most of them are really weak.
    It's not the difficulty that is stopping me from going through the Monster Arena. I just never had an interest in that. Again, it's great to have for completionists who want to completely level up their characters, catch every monster, and test out their characters on strong enemies. But I would just rather replay the story.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    When it comes to Final Fantasy, there's another world out there than just world of the story. Even with Kingdom Hearts, Legend of Dragoon and XenoSaga. Just as I said a couple posts ago, with Final Fantasy XII. I wasn't so fond about the story. It took me 4 years JUST to finish the story. Wasn't interested but I wanted to finish it and led me to complete the battle hunts just right before XIII. It was also something that I wasn't used to because I had control of every character before. Now, I feel nostalgic just thinking about it. I actually enjoyed the story in the end and the moment when I felt like giving up to something that had 36 million HP....no, I kicked his ass just like every single threat that Square has pulled off out of there hats. You have read my comments on XIII. I don't like to be coerced into something that's going to waste me more than what I usually play on a Final Fantasy game. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the game. The story was cool, graphics are beautiful and gameplay is fun despite. I will emphasize away, just keep on asking.
    Ok, fair enough. Just using XII as an example, I didn't complete it entirely. I didn't get all the major weapons or do every hunt. I did most of them, but I'm sure the harder hunts need the best gear, highest levels. I didn't feel the need to go through that. XII is one of my favorite FF games. Some of the ultimate weapons are such a pain to get that after retrieving Excalibur I thought, "$#@! this!"

Meanwhile in FFVII, I fought every Ultimate Weapon, got all the best materia, every single ultimate weapon. To me, I didn't feel like I was wasting hours of my time breeding/racing chocobos or grinding levels to fight the weapons. In XII, I felt like I was wasting my time to reach 30ish extra levels on my characters just to fight the biggest baddest creatures.

The difference between VII and XII strictly in terms of tough optional fights? VII doesn't make you jump through a bunch of hoops to fight them. They are right there on the world map waiting for you. You don't have to do a series of fights beforehand. Just gather levels and equipment.

In XII, some of the zones can be exhausting to go through just to reach the one section that has the mark. I got burnt out near the last ~5 or so. I will say this, going back through some of the earlier zones in the harder sections was a lot of fun. Being in the Lhusu Mines with the giant birds is pretty cool. So I do see your point on trying different things within the game. It may have come with getting older and generally buying way more games, I just don't want to invest as much time into something if the payoff is just extra work without much incentive. Just my take.

Thread Information