Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: The BEST FF so far is . . .

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy II

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy III

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IV

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy V

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VI

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy VII

10 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

3 15.00%
  • Final Fantasy IX

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy X

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

1 5.00%
Page 89 of 159 FirstFirst ... 798999 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 3967
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Whelp, reached Zanarkand. Haven't done anything yet, so nothing major has been revealed outside of Tidus learning a thing or two on a boat. I can tell I'm getting pretty close to the end of the main story, especially when I look at the spheres and have learned practically the highest tier moves for each character's sphere.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Whelp, reached Zanarkand. Haven't done anything yet, so nothing major has been revealed outside of Tidus learning a thing or two on a boat. I can tell I'm getting pretty close to the end of the main story, especially when I look at the spheres and have learned practically the highest tier moves for each character's sphere.

In case it gets tough, you can teleport the movements of the sphere grid from different areas. The next battles are going to be good, and the sidequests is right around the corner.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    So far hasn't been too rough. I would say I'm not overleveled, probably just right for this section. Some of the boss fights have been a good enough challenge, which I like. Haven't been steam rolling bosses or anything.

PSN ID
    sektoderselters9
    Wait what, FF V is going to be remade or a prequel is made? This is the first time I heard about it. Does anyone have more info on this?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So far hasn't been too rough. I would say I'm not overleveled, probably just right for this section. Some of the boss fights have been a good enough challenge, which I like. Haven't been steam rolling bosses or anything.
    Yeah, FFX has a difficulty that is just right IMO. The standard encounters aren't very tough, but if you don't use the right mixing and matching of characters, then you could very well die. Plus, the boss fights in the second half of the game can be quite challenging.

I remember fighting Evrae dozens of times my first playthrough, but that's because I didn't realize there were monsters on the airship that allowed you to do some grinding. lol

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I was doing some browsing on Nova Crystallis and they had an interesting poll set up, asking people if they would like to see a non-human protagonist in a mainline Final Fantasy title. What do you guys think?
    Bring'em!
    Quina_Quen_character.jpg

Quina Quen. Not my favorite non-human protagonist, but the most alien? Love'em!

Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter von Frosta View Post
    Wait what, FF V is going to be remade or a prequel is made? This is the first time I heard about it. Does anyone have more info on this?
    Whoa where'd you hear that?
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Yeah, FFX has a difficulty that is just right IMO. The standard encounters aren't very tough, but if you don't use the right mixing and matching of characters, then you could very well die. Plus, the boss fights in the second half of the game can be quite challenging.

I remember fighting Evrae dozens of times my first playthrough, but that's because I didn't realize there were monsters on the airship that allowed you to do some grinding. lol
    Wow...what are the odds. I went through the samething. I had to rely on Wakka for the majority of the battle and Lulu wasn't even built so much through the grid.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    Wow...what are the odds. I went through the samething. I had to rely on Wakka for the majority of the battle and Lulu wasn't even built so much through the grid.
    Yeah, my brother and I spent an entire day drinking cokes and fighting Evrae over and over. Good times.

It also helped that Rin gives you 99 'Underdog Secrets' on subsequent playthroughs, which can be used for Rikku's overdrive to cause roughly 18,000 damage. He gives you those if you completed the Al Bhed language on the previous playthrough and loaded it at the beginning of the game at Baaj temple.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Yeah Seymour in his 2nd and third encounter gave me a bit of trouble. Both times I wasn't properly watching for certain effects. Evrae though, no issues. And wow, I had no clue there were monsters on the ship!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Final Fantasy X with XIII's graphics...holy moly. I hope the rumors are true.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Would be orgasmic for an FFX fanatic such as myself, but I feel that person was exaggerating.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Yeah, no kidding. Especially since that was defunct months ago since the announcement.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Yeah, I think it seems like a bit of an exaggeration. No doubt it will probably look really good. Sigh...I wish my playthrough would've been with the HD version. I just couldn't have waited until June ...if it really will release that month.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Replaying FF2 with it's God awful combat system.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Same here! I would love to play X again. Of course, it would have to be after VIII, IX, and VI. Lol

But I should be starting VIII up again in the next week or so. Been watching Doctor Who in my free time, but I'm almost done with the series, so I should dive back into VIII again. I had stopped when I first heading to (damn! I completely forgot the cities name lol. I think it's Esthar?) I know don't have the Ragnarok yet, but after you go see Cid and Edea at the lighthouse.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Same here! I would love to play X again. Of course, it would have to be after VIII, IX, and VI. Lol

But I should be starting VIII up again in the next week or so. Been watching Doctor Who in my free time, but I'm almost done with the series, so I should dive back into VIII again. I had stopped when I first heading to (damn! I completely forgot the cities name lol. I think it's Esthar?) I know don't have the Ragnarok yet, but after you go see Cid and Edea at the lighthouse.
    Internet Explorer 10 won't allow me to press enter anymore the post box, now I'm on Chrome.

Anyway, make sure you pick up a lot of rare cards just enjoy the final parts of the storyline. That's some where near the ending of the third disc.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Would be orgasmic for an FFX fanatic such as myself, but I feel that person was exaggerating.
    It would explain why the hell it took them so long if it was just a resolution upgrade......then again its SE we're talking about

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Internet Explorer 10 won't allow me to press enter anymore the post box, now I'm on Chrome.

Anyway, make sure you pick up a lot of rare cards just enjoy the final parts of the storyline. That's some where near the ending of the third disc.
    Oh definitely. I was/will be trying my hand without a guide, besides the occasional tip from Chille, and other fellow PSU peeps lol But I think I'm doing pretty good so far
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

ADMINISTRATOR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    I'm glad something compelled you to stop using the atrocity that is IE.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Replaying FF2 with it's God awful combat system.
    ....Yuck. Cool concept, completely broken. I don't know what they were thinking with that combat system.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I'm glad something compelled you to stop using the atrocity that is IE.
    I haven't completely stopped. This is the only site that IE hinders its cool features. It used to work before, don't know why its doing this now and its been months already.

I feel so empty just feeling that I haven't played an FF game in awhile.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    rvd...I think you mentioned this before, but what are your feelings towards XI and XIV(or XIV's rebirth)?

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    We would have seen that with the PS Vita footage, if that were the case.

Also, I'm pretty sure Square said it would be an HD remaster, not a remake, so where is that rumor coming from?
    Last edited by Black; 02-28-2013 at 06:19.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    rvd...I think you mentioned this before, but what are your feelings towards XI and XIV(or XIV's rebirth)?
    If I had the money and time. I wouldn't mind playing it. It's just another MMORPG with Final Fantasy as the title. The online Final Fantasy games will probably be the only parts of the franchise that I will not own at the time being or in the future. The games though they look amazing. I know a lot of people have spent countless of hours playing XI. The latest Final Fantasy XIV looks beautiful and fun.

@Blacksite

Even if it was false, I wouldn't mind but now that you brought that up. I found an awkward coincidence.

I wouldn't be too hyped about it although the idea would be amazing with FFXIII visual. Also, when FFX HD was announced in the process they mentioned the updated graphics or it came from an article which leads to your point because I do remember they did defunct it since it was brought up so many times.

I'm not sure if I was the only who had this feeling but after rewatching the footage. The game reminded me of Dissidia despite just looking the same but with a keen look.

Thread Information