Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: The BEST FF so far is . . .

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy II

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy III

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IV

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy V

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VI

2 10.00%
  • Final Fantasy VII

10 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

3 15.00%
  • Final Fantasy IX

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy X

1 5.00%
  • Final Fantasy XI

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

1 5.00%
Page 91 of 159 FirstFirst ... 8191101 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 3967
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Haha oh yeah man!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    I actually really enjoy FF2's leveling system. It's the most realistic (doesn't mean anything really, it's just kind of neat) leveling system in any of the games. My first play through of the game I hated it. Thought it was terrible. Especially since I'm the type of player who saves my MP for boss battles, and relies on melee/ weaker magics to get through the majority of a dungeon. Given the leveling system though, that made my play-style almost impossible, and I had to change it a bit. Which I did, with my second play-through.

After having gotten myself used to the system, the second play through was a blast. My characters were OP very early on. Just figure out what your tactics are, use plenty of magic, farm weak enemies (let them hit you to level up your HP stats) and that's about it. It's actually, in my opinion at least, a very good leveling system that forces the player to plan out every action. So, I had no issue with II's leveling system after I had enough time to master it. I still prefer the standard leveling approaches though.
    -FatesServant
    I just did this myself, got all my characters up to 500HP+ and only at Salamand with Mindu.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I'd play it if they upped the graphics a little bit but keep everything the same lol
    Agree completely, FF4 CC was perfect other than the easiness, the graphics were exactly what I wanted from a remake. Don't like FF3DS/FF4DS style at all.

After I complete FF2 I'm totally replaying FF5 again, I prefer it to VI tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    That's what I did during my playthrough with FF2. I became OP very early on and the guy who was unarmed did massive damage. I basically played the whole game without too much grinding after that. Trying to raise the max MP for characters was the only painful part of the process.

Salvator Mundi
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Haven't played FF5 in so long I have forgotten what to do next to progress in the story! :/

So i am just grinding like a motherf*cker!

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gersfc87

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    That's what I did during my playthrough with FF2. I became OP very early on and the guy who was unarmed did massive damage. I basically played the whole game without too much grinding after that. Trying to raise the max MP for characters was the only painful part of the process.
    Pretty much, yeah. Magic training just means you have to sit near a city so that you can run back to the inn right away. That, or just buy a lot of tents or abuse random recovery points. Once the magics are powered up though, it gets sick. Massive MP counts and high level spells = death. I think the only FF game I've played with an easier to break leveling system was FFVIII. Which, of course, I still loved. Though, there isn't a main numbered FF that I don't love.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I'm just starting VI this 1, 2, 4 and 9 I have yet to play.

‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I'm just starting VI this 1, 2, 4 and 9 I have yet to play.
    Dang man, you need to hurry up there. Each one of those is worthy of the FF legacy. My only recommendations:
    FF1: Don't be afraid to use a guide if you get lost. The game gives poor directions, so if you're in a rush to get somewhere, just look up how to get there.

FF2: Just read the info we've all presented in the past few pages. The leveling system takes time to get used to, but can be cheezed very easily. And never use the back row for a character. Ever.

FF4: Enjoy.

FF9: If you're like me, the beginning scared me a little (seemed a bit too fairy tale-ish to me) but it grows on ya, very quickly.

Best of luck with the VI play-through. You are about to find out why FFVI is many people's favorite FF (Or at least in the top 3 for most FF fans).
    disclaimer: the top 3 statement is only supported by empirical observations obtained within my social sphere. No scientific or verifiable facts were used in the formulation of this possibly untrue statistical statement.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

8. Likes Kuro wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I never use back rows in any FF game lol
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    Dang man, you need to hurry up there. Each one of those is worthy of the FF legacy. My only recommendations:
    FF1: Don't be afraid to use a guide if you get lost. The game gives poor directions, so if you're in a rush to get somewhere, just look up how to get there.

FF2: Just read the info we've all presented in the past few pages. The leveling system takes time to get used to, but can be cheezed very easily. And never use the back row for a character. Ever.

FF4: Enjoy.

FF9: If you're like me, the beginning scared me a little (seemed a bit too fairy tale-ish to me) but it grows on ya, very quickly.

Best of luck with the VI play-through. You are about to find out why FFVI is many people's favorite FF (Or at least in the top 3 for most FF fans).
    disclaimer: the top 3 statement is only supported by empirical observations obtained within my social sphere. No scientific or verifiable facts were used in the formulation of this possibly untrue statistical statement.
    -FatesServant
    Thanks for the tips man lol I've never used back row in any ff game. Really enjoying VI so far. At around Edgars castle bout to grind a bit like I alway s do haha. I plan on playing FF next, FFII, FFIV and lastly IX.

Salvator Mundi
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Well I bought FF VI recently on the PSN store when they had the discount on all the FF games for the 25th anniversary.

So after I complete V, i am playing VI and then IX

Speaking of IX, was listening to this forgotten gem yesterday

One of my fave FF songs
    Last edited by Gers; 03-03-2013 at 13:18.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    The PSN version works better than the disc version for FFVI, so anyone thinking of getting the disc off ebay vs downloading off the Store, definitely download it, unless you're a collector like me then buy the disc too, just not to play it.

yay, next gen!

Salvator Mundi
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Never knew that. I actually own FF VI on disc too but bought it on PSN purely because it saves me from swapping discs lol

I did however hear that its the reverse for FF V. Don't know if it's true but apparently the disc version works better as the PSN version has a bug

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I haven't played through the PSN version of FFV yet so will do that after FF2 and see, but for FFVI, the cutscenes run far too fast and the music gets way out of sync. There's still a bit of slow down compared to the SNES version though.

yay, next gen!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    I liked the gba version of 5
    Been playing the gba version of VI as well..on my phone

Salvator Mundi
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Are there any major differences between gba n ps1/psn versions of FF V?

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    A bit. Some more jobs and secret bosses in this underwater place that looks like squidwards house from spongebob

Salvator Mundi
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Wish i downloaded a gba rom for my pc now to see that!

May need your help on FF V mate

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Your not missing much lol. But yeah sure man I got ya!

Salvator Mundi
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Whats the best places to get ur ABP n EXP up?

Im on world 3 and been grinding hard all day but need to get up faster! Lol

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    A good place to level up is in the cave where you land the submarine on the way to the 4th tablet. The monster are easy and give decent EXP and ABP for how fast you kill them. Plus if you need to heal, your sub is right there so you can just rest up pretty easily.

Salvator Mundi
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Thanks man, i'm on it

Trying to get Reina and Krile up to Red Mage Master, getting nowhere fast lol

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Lol no prob should be a good spot for awhile I remember once your in the void that's like abp paradise.

Salvator Mundi
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Thanks again mate

if i could give u plus rep i would man but it ain't letting do it through my phone

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    No prob man its cool don't need just helping out

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I always play the SNES/PS1 versions personally, the music annoys me on GBA. They should just put them all on PSP like FF4CC and FF1/2, SE missed out on a ton of money from such small/cheap projects.

yay, next gen!

Thread Information