Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    PSN ID
    Jorge
    Someone please tell me why they sell bullets over the Internet.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    uberman6352
    Dunno dude.

That guy . . . man, he should die.

“Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!” (Super Mario Bros.)
    "Why not take a break? You can pause the game by pressing +." (Wii Sports)
    “It’s super effective!” (Pokemon series)

Master Genshin
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Death Penalty? Hell no! Let this $#@!sucker be torture for years then shot in the mouth then bleed to death...slowly. Very slowly. Yeah! $#@! yeah!
    Yeah that's not going to happen. Our justice system is too lenient to criminals. Especially if he is considered to be insane.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MortimerMouse View Post
    why not?

PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I cannot fathom the reasoning behind this question.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Say what??

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I suspect because you skip the trip to the shop and you can get better prices. Pretty much like anything else that is legal to purchase and small enough to post.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Unbound Mercenary
    He wasn't a criminal, he could have bought them from a store just as easy.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by iplayonlysony View Post
    Yeah that's not going to happen. Our justice system is too lenient to criminals. Especially if he is considered to be insane.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
    unfortunately this is probably going to be his defense and Ive seen this first hand happen when i was a public defender. This Asshole is going to be allowed to live then be isolated from general population so he isnt killed in jail. He gets to live while all these families suffer I couldnt begin to imagine the pain and suffering these families are going thru even the surviors. I saw a couple on the news that were there with there baby daughter thank god they made it and their new born was unharmed.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Very true.

According to the people that survived, he just walked in popped the tear gas, then waited for it to take effect, put one bullet in the air, and started shooting people that tried to run away.

You see, right there. The moment he popped the tear gas, I would have shot him.

Unlike some people, I would NEVER assume an act like that was a publicity stunt in a state that allows conceal carry. I would assume from the moment he pulled the pin on the tear gas that it was a real attack, and I would have resonded with a .45 APC.

And as for his body armor, that doesn't protect the face and head, and I don't have a laser sight on my gun for nothing.

11. Likes Lebowski , Nitey likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    That's not what I meant. When we know it's the guy then why defend him?

You know that's not what I meant (if you didn't I apologise). But my mind's not changing on the matter - I'm simply saying when everyone (WITNESSES, FOOTAGE, COPS ETC) else knows it's the guy, and when the "suspect" themselves aren't denying it/admitting to it - then why defend him?

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT BORDERLINE CASES HERE. So don't make it sound like that.
    The problem is that if a lawyer is not guaranteed for every case, then people in power could prevent an innocent man from not receiving a lawyer, just for example. It's a slippery slope.

And if the case is so obvious, then the persecutor is there to explain why.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    The only insane person would be a judge that accepts an insanity plea.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-22-2012 at 16:57.

14. Likes $Greatness$ , Funeralfog likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    The only insane person would be a judge that accepts an insanity plea.
    It happens OFTEN. If his defense attorney has a couple doctors that will do the testing and come to that consulsion multiple times then thats what his escape goat is going to be. He wont be free but he wont get whats coming to him as well cause he will still be alive

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    It happens OFTEN.
    That depends entirely on the state's definition of "insanity". For instance, to be considered "insane" in Texas, the defendent must be in such a condition that they cannot seperate right from wrong. The amount of planning and secrecy this man employed, as well as his behavior since his arrest would be enough to convince any JURY that he does know right from wrong.

Colorado defines insanity as "A person who is so diseased or defective in mind at the time of the commission of the act as to be incapable of distinguishing right from wrong with respect to that act is not accountable. But care should be taken not to confuse such mental disease or defect with moral obliquity, mental depravity, or passion growing out of anger, revenge, hatred, or other motives, and kindred evil conditions, for when the act is induced by any of these causes the person is accountable to the law.".

It would be extremely hard to use an insanity defense in his case.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 07-22-2012 at 19:52.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    That depends entirely on the state's definition of "insanity". For instance, to be considered "insane" in Texas, the defendent must be in such a condition that they cannot seperate right from wrong. The amount of planning and secrecy this man employed, as well as his behavior since his arrest would be enough to convince any JURY that he does know right from wrong.

Colorado defines insanity as "A person who is so diseased or defective in mind at the time of the commission of the act as to be incapable of distinguishing right from wrong with respect to that act is not accountable. But care should be taken not to confuse such mental disease or defect with moral obliquity, mental depravity, or passion growing out of anger, revenge, hatred, or other motives, and kindred evil conditions, for when the act is induced by any of these causes the person is accountable to the law.".

It would be extremely hard to use an insanity defense in his case.
    Thats only part of colorado's satue on an insanity defense there have been recent cases in colorado with the defense using an insanity plea without medical records and winning.

This would only apply if the defense uses it as a defense anyways. I didnt practice in Colorado so im not famliar of which defense they would most likely use in THIS case however this $#@! still lives while others were killed

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Here's hoping someone like Dexter exists and takes care of this guy before he get sentenced.

19. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Superior Member
    Senseless tragedy!
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    You see, right there. The moment he popped the tear gas, I would have shot him.

Unlike some people, I would NEVER assume an act like that was a publicity stunt in a state that allows conceal carry. I would assume from the moment he pulled the pin on the tear gas that it was a real attack, and I would have resonded with a .45 APC.

And as for his body armor, that doesn't protect the face and head, and I don't have a laser sight on my gun for nothing.
    always entertained by all the people out there that think they are rambo or some ish.

10 to 1 says you shoot, miss, and hit someone else.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    MOVIE massacre suspect James Holmes is "acting crazy" in jail and his fellow inmates are talking about killing him.

THE maniac who shot dead 12 people at a Batman movie was obsessed with Sun Page 3 girl Keeley Hazell. . .
    Lives stolen by a murderous madman

WHEN most little girls her age were asleep, Veronica Moser-Sullivan, 6, was being treated to a midnight movie session with her mum. ..End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
    ..Mr Holmes was taken into custody after the horrifying attack on a Batman movie premiere in Colorado that left 12 dead and 58 injured.

According to the New York Daily News he is being held under suicide watch in solitary confinement in the Arapahoe Detention Centre.

The newspaper was told Holmes is still acting out his "Joker" persona.

"He hasn't shown any remorse," a jail employee said. "He thinks he's acting in a movie."

One released inmate told the Daily News that Mr Holmes had been spitting at guards and at his cell door. "Dude was acting crazy," the inmate said.

Another inmate predicted "he won't live to see Monday's court appearance" if he was let out among the general prison population.

On his first night in jail the other prisoners serenaded him with a chant of "kid killer", referring to the six year-old girl who died in the attack.

"All the inmates were talking about killing him," Wayne Medley told the newspaper as he left the prison. "Everyone was looking for an opportunity. It's all they could talk about."

He was reportedly led to his cell in handcuffs and leg shackles with a red towel over his head, saying nothing. The windows of the cell were taped over to hide him from view.

A spokeswoman for the Aurora Police Department confirmed to AFP that Holmes was in solitary confinement.

"He's by himself," Jacki Kelley said: "It's part of the protection process for him.

"Understandably this might be something that could upset other people. And it's part of the obligation to provide a safe environment for all the inmates in the jail."

It also emerged yesterday that Homes had made a bizarre, unsuccessful bid to join a gun range.

Owner Glenn Rotkovich says Holmes emailed an application to join the Lead Valley Range on June 25 and there were no overt warning signs in that form.

Holmes said he was not a user of illegal drugs or a convicted felon, so Mr Rotkovich followed up by calling Holmes' apartment to invite him to a mandatory orientation the following week.

But Mr Rotkovich got Holmes' answering machine and says "it was bizarre - guttural, freakish at best".

Mr Rotkovich left two other messages but eventually told his staff to watch for Holmes at the July 1 orientation and not to accept him into the club.

US police have recovered a computer belonging to Holmes, which could provide vital clues to how he planned the massacre, a senior officer said.

The computer was found inside his apartment, which officers only got access to late Saturday after clearing sophisticated booby traps rigged up inside, apparently intended to kill police arriving after the shootings.

"I'm told there was a computer inside the apartment and with the assistance of the FBI that computer will be completely analyzed," Aurora police chief Dan Oates told CBS talk show "Face the Nation."

"That may take some time. So we're hopeful that will yield some information," he added.

Mr Oates also revealed that, when Holmes was spotted behind the cinema after the shooting, his full body armour could easily have led police to think he was a member of a SWAT team.

"Without going into to too many details, there was one aspect of what he wore that did not fit what a SWAT officer might be wearing," he said.

"There was one particular piece of equipment that he had on him that was out of place and I am so proud of my officers that they spotted that right away and challenged him.

"I can't tell you in that chaos it is quite reasonable that an officer might have confused him for a SWAT officer, a heavily armed officer who was responding to the scene.

"So, kudos to my two cops that grabbed this guy and that sharp observation that they made immediately that led them to suspect him as being the suspect," he said.

Meanwhile, a six-year-old video has emerged showing Mr Holmes as a thin teenager wearing an oversized shirt and occasionally breaking into a slight, shy smile.

America's ABC News has aired the video showing Holmes speaking at a science camp at Miramar College in San Diego when he was 18.

His presentation is on "temporal illusion", which he defines as "an illusion that allows you to change the past".

He says he studies subjective experience, calling it "what takes place inside the mind, as opposed to the external world".

A woman who introduces Mr Holmes says he wants to become a researcher and make scientific discoveries.

She says his dream is to own a Slurpee machine, eliciting laughter from the audience and a smile from Mr Holmes.
    Source : http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bat...-1226432380802

This is one sick son of a $#@!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    he must have really disliked the new batman, and who the $#@! brings a 3 month old to a midnight premier?

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Here's hoping someone like Dexter exists and takes care of this guy before he get sentenced.
    That's what I said to my girlfriend after.

Too bad there's no one out there to really protect people though (without the risk of them falling through loopholes in the system that is).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    The problem is that if a lawyer is not guaranteed for every case, then people in power could prevent an innocent man from not receiving a lawyer, just for example. It's a slippery slope.

And if the case is so obvious, then the persecutor is there to explain why.
    COuldn't the lawyer then just say 'F this'?

It's still all BS imo. Slippery slope I get, but I think arguing for it just to be technically correct is not really my thing.

I hate lawyers/wannabe lawyers that try and justify it though. Makes no sense.

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    COuldn't the lawyer then just say 'F this'?

It's still all BS imo. Slippery slope I get, but I think arguing for it just to be technically correct is not really my thing.

I hate lawyers/wannabe lawyers that try and justify it though. Makes no sense.
    yes they could... and then the case would be passed on to another lawyer.

remember that the job of the lawyer isn't just to defend the guy in hoped of getting him off. He also ensures that he is prosecuted lawfully. The lawyer represents the defendant...

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Now he's acting up in prison on purpose. He's not crazy. He's just trying to give people the impression he is. Of course, why not provoke all the hardcore cons to want to kill him so he can get protective custody and an insanity case. This guy is smart and he's working the system. Hopefully there's a corrupt guard in this situation which "accidentally" let's a few inmates in when he showers or laces his food with poison. $#@! this guy.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    yes they could... and then the case would be passed on to another lawyer.

remember that the job of the lawyer isn't just to defend the guy in hoped of getting him off. He also ensures that he is prosecuted lawfully. The lawyer represents the defendant...
    Those sneaky bastards...

I get why it's there and I'm speaking from anger and frustration; but sometimes they shouldn't even do it for the sake of the victims and their families.

Thread Information