Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: Shootmania

Hybrid View

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Shootmania

It is made by the same people that made the Trackmania games so it will have excellent replay and map editing tools so no need to use fraps to record footage like in BF3 etc.

Looks like only 1 weapon which is an RPG so you will have to predict player movements hence why no weapon models on screen I guess.

I will ay the physics/player movement looks garbage and if this is to be the next big esport FPS it looks boring as hell to watch but I have only seen a few videos and never played it.

Its in Beta until end of this month.

www.shootmania.com

Last edited by keefy; 07-20-2012 at 18:15.

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Elite Guru
    I've only watched the first minute but it looks to me like a slower, clumsier Quake III Arena with only the railgun for a weapon.

Pass.

Power Member
    The gravity is too low, it looks too floaty and I have seen 1 or 2 players have problems because of it tryign to jump over things and htey overshoot or get caught up on things. It is Beta so maybe it will get tweaked but I doubt it.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-21-2012 at 01:19.

Power Member
    Seems there is an open beta now I just signed up but the site told me they would send me an invite "in a few days" Just clck the "sign up for beta" att he top of page
    www.shootmania.com

Power Member
    I got my code and started playing.

I don't like the sprint/jump on 1 button thats stupid, I have over 100 keys.

The movement is far too floaty and have little control over it I kept and saw players constatly sliding up cliff faces because I and they couldnt slow down or turn or even stop.

But worst of all is the mouse, it feels like its 3rd person rather than First person, moving left nd right feels like I am moving the camera around an invisible model it just feels wrong to me.

I hope there are options for the HUD because there is far too much crap on screen it shows enemy names and their country flag plus your team mates adds upt o a hell of a lot of screen clutter.

Thread Information