Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    The truth of the matter is the DC superheroes aren't as interesting as the Marvel ones. Batman and Superman (Even Superman looks a bit stupid with his costume)..that's about it. The others are just stupid..I mean Wonderwoman? Come on !!
    I agree DC has Superman and Batman....ISnt Aquaman DC as well? CMON bro lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Power Girl FTW!

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I agree DC has Superman and Batman....ISnt Aquaman DC as well? CMON bro lol
    Batman
    Superman
    Flash
    Wonder Woman
    Green Lantern
    Aquaman
    Hawk Man
    Martian Manhunter
    Many others you may have never heard of like Booster Gold and Jonah Hex.

I personally think a Flash movie could be fantastic if done well. Most people dont know his origin or villains so right there is something fresh and if they made it somewhat serious but with lots of humor like Iron Man it could do well.
    Last edited by HellsJester; 07-23-2012 at 03:44.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    You guys need to stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    The thing DC needs to do is take more risks with more of their characters. Usually, it doesn't always work out (Jonah Hex, Green Lantern) but that's because they don't know how to find proper directors. Dark Knight trilogy and the new Superman movie are probably the best thing DC has. They need more character movies. I wanna see one for Martian Manhunter, The Flash. They're finally making a Justice League though.
    Umm... no one outside of the comics knows who the hell Martian Manhunter is. Who the hell came up with that name anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I think Justice league would be their best option as a next film
    They can't get a Superman movie off the ground and you want a full blown JL movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    The truth of the matter is the DC superheroes aren't as interesting as the Marvel ones. Batman and Superman (Even Superman looks a bit stupid with his costume)..that's about it. The others are just stupid..I mean Wonderwoman? Come on !!
    Right and Spider-Man isn't ridiculous? He wears a latest suit from head to toe, shoots webs from his hand, and comes quipped with one-liners... no to mention the name Spider, Man. Think about it.

Oh by the way, Marvel has Fantastic Four. End of discussion. Whether you like it or not, DC has that two biggest icons. If it wasn't for Downey no one would care about Iron Man.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    CMac-19
    Superman has so much potential. This has me excited, though that was just a teaser.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    You guys need to stop.
    Umm... no one outside of the comics knows who the hell Martian Manhunter is. Who the hell came up with that name anyway.

They can't get a Superman movie off the ground and you want a full blown JL movie?

Right and Spider-Man isn't ridiculous? He wears a latest suit from head to toe, shoots webs from his hand, and comes quipped with one-liners... no to mention the name Spider, Man. Think about it.

Oh by the way, Marvel has Fantastic Four. End of discussion. Whether you like it or not, DC has that two biggest icons. If it wasn't for Downey no one would care about Iron Man.
    Yes After they release a superman movie a JL would be a nice follow up.

outside of Superman and Batman to the general public other DC heros aren't know. Now Marvel most of the general public know about spiderman, Xmen, Ironman ect....I was born in 1982 growing up watching cartoons all i would see are Marvel cartoons and batman then occasionally hear about superman.

Marvel has so many popular superheros DC has two very popular heros and alot of give or take heros reminds me of WWE at the moment lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Better quality of the Comic-Con footage in the spoiler tags below:

8. Likes neoxthexone , Cyklops, DeviousOne likes this post
    Super Elite
    Supes is coming back, people. Believe!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    no one outside of the comics knows who the hell Martian Manhunter is. Who the hell came up with that name anyway.
    Which is exactly why he would need a movie. He is part of the JL, and anyone who just watches the TV show or has watched it would know who he is. Instead, DC makes spin-off movies. RED, The Losers. No one cares about those, I sure didn't. And if wasn't for the Watchmen trailers, I would have not been interested in reading the comics before seeing the movie. Or look at the Ant-Man, hardly anyone cares about him as a Marvel character, even though he was the founding member of Avengers and only a small minority of people wanted him in the Avengers. With that movie, he's gonna get more attention. Same thing with a Martian Manhunter movie, especially after they make the JL movie.

Oh by the way, Marvel has Fantastic Four. End of discussion.

LOL what?! Are you seriously implying that's all Marvel has to offer? You mean after those $#@!ty movies people still have faith in those characters. Not after how Marvel allowed them to be raped on the big screen, especially after everyone was expecting Galactus to be Galactus, and not a giant gas cloud.

Whether you like it or not, DC has that two biggest icons.
    They have Spider-Man, Iron Man, The Avengers, X-Men, and even Deadpool is getting more attention now. Come again?

If it wasn't for Downey no one would care about Iron Man.
    You're right about that. I didn't care for him until the movies. Just like how I didn't care for Batman after TDK

Now, you can end the discussion.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post

Now that's the kind of Superman movie I want to see.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Now that's the kind of Superman movie I want to see.
    Psssh it should be based on superman at worlds end, sure the actual comic book sucked , but superman fighting cyborgs and evil batman clones being controlled by twin clones of hitler in the future, with superman using a giant gatling gun thing.

Doesnt that sound like the greatest movie idea ever? Though id remove the gun myself.

Thank you itachi

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Psssh it should be based on superman at worlds end, sure the actual comic book sucked , but superman fighting cyborgs and evil batman clones being controlled by twin clones of hitler in the future, with superman using a giant gatling gun thing.

Doesnt that sound like the greatest movie idea ever? Though id remove the gun myself.
    Sounds like Sucker Punch which Snyder already did.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Sounds like Sucker Punch which Snyder already did.
    Though this is actually a superman book and not some werid girls dream!

Thank you itachi

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7

Hmm... maybe this won't be bad. Looks like he might be adapting Nolan/Goyer's screenplay after all.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Which is exactly why he would need a movie. He is part of the JL, and anyone who just watches the TV show or has watched it would know who he is. Instead, DC makes spin-off movies. RED, The Losers. No one cares about those, I sure didn't. And if wasn't for the Watchmen trailers, I would have not been interested in reading the comics before seeing the movie. Or look at the Ant-Man, hardly anyone cares about him as a Marvel character, even though he was the founding member of Avengers and only a small minority of people wanted him in the Avengers. With that movie, he's gonna get more attention. Same thing with a Martian Manhunter movie, especially after they make the JL movie.
    You don't make a movie off something nobody knows about... that doesn't sell. Haven't seen RED, but Losers was a fun movie.

Watchmen had a HUGE following.

Yeah, Ant-Man is an odd character but if Edgar Wright is at the helm that characters will be pretty good.

LOL what?! Are you seriously implying that's all Marvel has to offer? You mean after those $#@!ty movies people still have faith in those characters. Not after how Marvel allowed them to be raped on the big screen, especially after everyone was expecting Galactus to be Galactus, and not a giant gas cloud.
    No, I was saying they're a crap team.

They have Spider-Man, Iron Man, The Avengers, X-Men, and even Deadpool is getting more attention now. Come again?
    That list combined still pales in comparison to Superman or Batman alone.

You're right about that. I didn't care for him until the movies. Just like how I didn't care for Batman after TDK
    Right....

Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post

I'm going to assume that's sarcasm, its the only way to read that post.

Power Member
    Bay is D grade director
    Snyder is a C grade director

They could have gotten someone alot better.
    DC doesnt give a $#@! about their movie IPs imo.

At Comic-Con Marvel goes all out with the announcements and DC just announces the only movies we are getting in the next 3 years are Batman and Superman. Pathetic!!
    Everybody is nobody before they are somebody.

Whats to say Snyder doesn't hit this out of the park? I liked the trailer. But I recommend everybody hunts down the Comic Con trailer, that's is awesome.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopkiwi View Post
    Everybody is nobody before they are somebody.

Whats to say Snyder doesn't hit this out of the park? I liked the trailer. But I recommend everybody hunts down the Comic Con trailer, that's is awesome.
    I would like to see Snyder do something original.
    Dawn of the Dead - Remake
    300, Man of Steel, Watchmen, Sucker Punch - Comic books
    To me it looks like he just takes something that is already established and adds his "Style" to it like Tim Burton has been doing since after Beetlejuice.

Liking the trailer means nothing anymore especially for Snyder movies.
    The trailers for 300 and Watchmen were better than the actual movies imo.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    300, Man of Steel, Watchmen, Sucker Punch - Comic books
    Sucker Punch wasn't a comic book. He made it up himself, and it was also his first flop. So I guess he should just stick to adapting things.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Sucker Punch wasn't a comic book. He made it up himself, and it was also his first flop. So I guess he should just stick to adapting things.
    Thank you for the info i remember hearing somewhere it was a comic book and he just made a movie of it.
    Doesnt it make it worse that his only original movie is his worst movie? I may have an even lower opinion of the guy now that you have given me this info.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post

Well Spiderman has the excuse of being a teenager, he can get away with wearing a flashy suit, plus it conceals his identity. Are we to believe a pair of glasses conceals Superman's identity? Plus that costume is even more ridiculous with the underwear on the outside, and how could you ever take Wonderwoman seriously?
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    New poster. It's pretty grim.

22. Likes TheBreezyBB , MartyRules likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I like the poster a lot!! reminds me of the part when they got Loki in Avengers!

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I suppose I'm being a spoilt brat, but because I've seen the footage (trailer) that they showed at the Comic Con, and a quick snippet of that part (from the poster) was in it, it's not entirely new to me. I would have thought that posters would be promotional stuff that isn't exactly in the film. Like I'm highly assuming that the first poster will not be a shot in the final film, especially since it resembles a comic drawing from the past.

I still stand by my initial thought that I think the colour scheme looks pretty grim though.

Apprentice
    IDK, I like the colour scheme and tone of the new suit. It feels like it fits more modern times. Even in Superman Returns it was bright and flashy, which doesn't fit as well now. Now it is more serious hero versus comical heros (ie kick-ass). Just makes him look like he means business, also so he would be harder to spot at night or in darker places. So yea, its going more Nolan Batman, which is good in this case cuzz it needs to be..tired of the lame Supes. I want a Supes that will make you $#@! bricks.

Linux Mint 13 "Maya" with the MATE 1.6 desktop environment.
    Long live the Penguin!

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Oh no, I'm fine with the suit. I actually quite like it a lot!
    When I said the colour scheme is grim for me, I meant of the poster. Just having most of the background all dark and grimey looks a little off for a poster.

Apprentice
    Oh no, I'm fine with the suit. I actually quite like it a lot!
    When I said the colour scheme is grim for me, I meant of the poster. Just having most of the background all dark and grimey looks a little off for a poster.
    Ahh gotcha. I clearly super misunderstood you lol.

Linux Mint 13 "Maya" with the MATE 1.6 desktop environment.
    Long live the Penguin!

Thread Information