Latest PSU headlines:

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

Rate this Gen for those with multi consoles

So this gen is winding down. there are a small handful of Exclusives left and everyone expect next year to announce new systems. So for those who have both PS3 and Xbox lets rate them. Yes with new games still coming out people can update as they see fit. This all opinions so please do not flame.
    Grade: f-A(yes you can - and + Like B- or B+)
    Why you gave it grade
    Fav Exclusive for pS3 and Xbox
    Biggest disappointment game wise
    Fav game overall.

Anything else feel free to suggest.

Ps3: A-
    The high price at start was a big turn off, not to mention the lack of games that interest me. WKC was really the reason I bought the system, and price drop with slim. Overall I love they keep getting RPG and the InFamous series was worth it all.

Xbox 360: B-
    It started strong with good pricing and RPG. Eternal Sonata and LO sold me, but they let the RPG slip and started to focus on FPS and Action. It turned me off. Recently with The Witcher 2 and Ascende Gods they got a big boost. Plus who can forget that special gem called Alan Wake.

PS3 Exclusive: Def InFamous and of course WKC. Both games where great. I enjoyed both parts.
    Xbox: Lost Odyessey. This is still the best RPG I have played so far this gen. I really feel this could have been MS Final Fantasy. They dropped the ball with letting Mistwalker go.

Disappointment: Kingdom of Amalar. I follwed this game for a while and the release of the game was a joke. Half ass doesn't describe how many issues I had with this game.

Fav game overall: Demons souls. This game pushed me to be a better gamer overall. It is a true gem for this generation.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    For me...

This generation was absolutely an A++. The games, integration with the OS, online play, store front features, and the games!! lol All together, the things that were brought out from each party involved made this last half a decade - amazing.

I had so many games for so many platforms; Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, PS Vita, Nintendo Wii, and NDS(3).

Favorite games:

Xbox 360 - Gears of War 3
    PS3 - Uncharted 2
    PSP - Killzone Liberation
    PS Vita - so far it's Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    Wii - Super Mario Galaxy
    NDS - New SMB

Disappointing, game wise... none. I've always been pretty absolute when buying a game. I've never had anything that disappointed me for the game completely. You can find issues with any game at times, but nothing that made any games I had "disappointing".

Favorite game over all, out of all the games I had; Uncharted 2. Has to be. It would closely be a tie between U2 and Killzone 2, but Uncharted 2 wins for me.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I'll give this gen a A

Fav Ps3's games-Infamous 2 and Uncharted 2 Great,Great Games storywise,gameplay-wise.
    Xbox 360(I own one at one point) Gears 2 loved the game gameplay and co-op was fun.
    NDS-Pokemon Pearl-Back when i still enjoyed the series.
    Wii-Super Smash Bros Brawl-Had a ton of fun with that one.
    PSP-Crisis Core Really fun love the story in it and gameplay as well.
    Vita-Gravity Rush One hell of a game a easily one of my favs.
    Wasn't really disappointed, I made sure not to play the crap games.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

Rate this Gen for those with multi consoles

This has to be the best Gen given the even sales across the line (except for Wii) lots of quailty games for all consoles i hope this trend continues but with only 3 major consoles this trend should continue
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 09-18-2012 at 19:32.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I haven't had a bad gen... well, wait. My Panasonic 3DO!!! Loved it until it broke lol.

6. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I would say both Sony and Microsoft tied for this generation, both had their ups and downs but in the end I think they both tied! Nintendo on the other hand...in my option started strong and just flopped, their plan to me turned into a short term win but long term loss, while they had some good titles for the system, the fact you couldn't play a DVD in the system (without modding), the price of everything after buying all the little extras and the boat load of shovelware turned me off (and I am guessing I am not the only one). I know with the Wii U they are probably hoping for the same success as the original Wii, but I have a feeling they are going to be fighting an upwards battle this generation, even with a head start judging from that price they are charging. I am ready for 2013 though, I plan to get an Ouya when it releases and I can't wait to see what both Sony and Microsoft bring to the table!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I haven't had a bad gen... well, wait. My Panasonic 3DO!!! Loved it until it broke lol.
    Had a Jaguar.....Nuff said lmao. 64 bits my ass!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Superior Member

liking the thread but dont wanna answer the fav ps3 ex till the last of us comes out cos i think that will easily claim that spot!

but yeah for me its:

ps3: A+
    Xbox: B
    exclusives ps3: tie between uncharted 2 and heavy rain
    xbox: alan wake
    my favourite overall though has to be mass effect 3 the game is out of this world!
    biggest disappointment is final fantasy, waited years for the game but just couldnt get into the game.... felt more let down by that then anything else.

Forum Elder
    A for Xbox 360, but thats only because it landed 1st and has had the games i want to play, ad in achievements and all multi-plats are then bought on 360.

B for PS3 as it only gets used for the exclusives, Uncharted 3 (disappointed with it) was the last PS3 retail game i bought and only that Studio Ghibli game has me interested in PS3 going forward. but once Wii U arrives, i doubt i'll find any time to use PS3.

El Presidente
    PS3- A
    Xbox- A

The only exclusive I can think of for ps3 that I wanted is God of War. Actually LA Noire was awesome as well. R&C kinda fell through for me this time around. I couldn't garner much interest.

Xbox has a couple things I couldn't go without. Fable and Gears of War are fantastic and I had a blast with both. I ended up playing more xbox because my friend would let me borrow his games to play. Plus all my real life friends have xbox so I played there more.

Honestly both systems are one and the same just a different brand name on the box. The games played the same with the controller layouts only slightly different. Each system offered a few exclusives but most of what I've played was multiplat.

In the future I'll pick one and stick to that. It's not worth the expensive of having both when both are so similar.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Supreme Veteran
    Rating for entire generation (thus far): A-

PS3 - B.
    XBOX 360 - A.
    Wii - C.

PS3: It has only been about the exclusives for me.
    Favorite PS3 game: Uncharted 3.

XBOX 360: Solid exclusive lineup which has slowed down but will still deliver and continues too yearly for me. I've also enjoyed over 90% of my multiplatform gaming on this system as it has been the favorable version to buy as far as console builds have been concerned
    Favorite XBOX 360 game: Gears of War 1 & 3 (about the same love).

Wii: In a nutshell, my least favorite, the exclusives have delivered but my major issue is the SD element. HDTV's do not compliment SD content. We've also seen some very poor multiplatform titles on the system and considering a majority of games released this entire generation have been multiplatform, Nintendo has let me down the most from the big 3.
    Favorite Wii Game: Super Mario Galaxy
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Thread Information