Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 313
Results 301 to 325 of 325
  1. #301
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,444
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    39,150 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  2. #302
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    90% of the time I just use the new posts button and read the first page or two of threads. But sometimes I want to find a specific thread and a more 'streamlined' approach can make that difficult and frustrating

  3. #303
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    3,462,332 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    The day this place copies that NeoGAF crap for thread layout I will look for another forum. I cant stand that place.

    It won't... not as long as I am CM
    LMAO

  4. #304
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,951
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    70,956 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    But sometimes I want to find a specific thread and a more 'streamlined' approach can make that difficult and frustrating
    Use the search feature.

  5. #305
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,980
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    63,921 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Use the search feature.
    The search feature that users complained about in other threads that never finds anything.
    Is that the one you mea?

  6. #306
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,951
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    70,956 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    The search feature that users complained about in other threads that never finds anything.
    Is that the one you mea?
    It's always worked fine for me.

  7. #307
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,980
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    63,921 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    And me but others dont use the "advanced search" http://www.psu.com/forums/search.php
    They use the one in the top right of the site.

  8. #308
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,951
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    70,956 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    And me but others dont use the "advanced search" http://www.psu.com/forums/search.php
    They use the one in the top right of the site.
    I agree that we need to make our search feature more prominent and streamlined.

    Cuguy, can you see if Anto can do anything about that? Right now you have to click on a forum first in order to find the 'Search Forum' option. It would be good if that was always in the black bar at the top of the forum.

    That would be a good first step.

  9. #309
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    The day this place copies that NeoGAF crap for thread layout I will look for another forum. I cant stand that place.
    Thank you. I could not agree more. Neogaf is one of the, if not THE, worst forum layouts I participate in.

  10. #310
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,980
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    63,921 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Reddit has to be the worst.

    I seriously think that merging entertainment and sports into Off topic was a mistake. Now we have a huge list of stickies mostly sports related.

  11. #311
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,951
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    70,956 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Reddit has to be the worst.

    I seriously think that merging entertainment and sports into Off topic was a mistake. Now we have a huge list of stickies mostly sports related.
    The large amount of sports stickies is the only drawback. I might have to unstick a few more threads.

  12. #312
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,504
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    80,504 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I personally liked having the Off Topic area, sectioned off with "Entertainment, Sports, and Technology".

  13. #313
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,007
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    43,916 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    My idea is to merge the PSN forum with PS3 Discussion and PS3 Games (split up the threads accordingly). Although I'll have to see what Cuguy thinks.


    We already merged Metal Gear into PS3 Games. As for making COD just a sticky, I think a lot of people would be against that.

    Why would you merge the PSN forum with the PS3 forum? Considering we also have a PS4 forum.

    It made sense for PSN to have its own forum since it could pertain to the PS3 and the PS4 when it is released.

  14. #314
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,951
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    70,956 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Why would you merge the PSN forum with the PS3 forum? Considering we also have a PS4 forum.

    It made sense for PSN to have its own forum since it could pertain to the PS3 and the PS4 when it is released.
    With the exception of the threads regarding the updates to the store, PS+, and the firmware, that section was largely redundant. At least half of the section discussed PSN games, which are also discussed in PS3 Games.

    But again, if you guys really want it back, I can do that.

  15. #315
    Super Elite
    Sir_Scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Posts
    2,073
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    10,836 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I really don't think PSN needs it's own forum, but that's just me. I think with the large amount of changes to the forums people just need to give it a few days.


  16. #316
    Master Poster
    Updator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    PSN ID
    Updator
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,378
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    53,949 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    I really don't think PSN needs it's own forum, but that's just me. I think with the large amount of changes to the forums people just need to give it a few days.
    I agree with you. PSN games for PS3 can be discussed in the PS3 section and the same goes for PS VIta and PS4 when it is released.
    I can read your thoughts.


  17. #317
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,951
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    70,956 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I brought the PSN forum back, but I agree that all games discussion should go in their respective forum. Not in the PSN forum.

    So if you want to make a thread about a PSN game, just put it in the PS3 Games, Vita, or PSP forums (and the PS4 Games forum in the future).

  18. #318
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,007
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    43,916 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    With the exception of the threads regarding the updates to the store, PS+, and the firmware, that section was largely redundant. At least half of the section discussed PSN games, which are also discussed in PS3 Games.

    But again, if you guys really want it back, I can do that.
    I can't speak for other members, but I could see some issues coming up fairly quickly (after E3, and by the time the PS4 launches at the latest) regarding that section.

    The PSN games for a respective platform can be discussed in the appropriate console section (I guess ps3/ps4 psn games can be left in the PSN section). I was mostly thinking about the general PSN services/layout/troubleshooting, ect. (and how they differ on each platform) when I made my initial comments.

  19. #319
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,384
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    118,637 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Once PS4 is out, we can post about PS4's PSN games in the PS4 section. I agree that we don't need a PSN section, I never looked at it. Now I will get to see what's going on with PSN as it will be in the PS3 section.

  20. #320
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,821
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    87,280 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think before e3 it might be a good idea to bring back the PS4 games section. The PS4 is going to be booming with new threads then. A lot might get lost in translation.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  21. #321
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,951
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    70,956 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    I can't speak for other members, but I could see some issues coming up fairly quickly (after E3, and by the time the PS4 launches at the latest) regarding that section.

    The PSN games for a respective platform can be discussed in the appropriate console section (I guess ps3/ps4 psn games can be left in the PSN section). I was mostly thinking about the general PSN services/layout/troubleshooting, ect. (and how they differ on each platform) when I made my initial comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Once PS4 is out, we can post about PS4's PSN games in the PS4 section. I agree that we don't need a PSN section, I never looked at it. Now I will get to see what's going on with PSN as it will be in the PS3 section.
    I brought the PSN forum back. However, game threads shouldn't be posted in the PSN forum. I'll make sure to enforce that. Only topics about the PS Store, PS+, the firmware, etc, should go in there.

    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I think before e3 it might be a good idea to bring back the PS4 games section. The PS4 is going to be booming with new threads then. A lot might get lost in translation.
    It will definitely be split up in the future, and the PS3 forums will be merged in the future. But right now the PS3 forums are still getting a lot more activity than the PS4 forum.

    So yeah, later in the year we'll make the switch.

  22. #322
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,384
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    118,637 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That makes sense. PSN sounds more like about the network itself rather than games.

  23. Likes claud3 likes this post
  24. #323
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,821
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    87,280 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I brought the PSN forum back. However, game threads shouldn't be posted in the PSN forum. I'll make sure to enforce that. Only topics about the PS Store, PS+, the firmware, etc, should go in there.



    It will definitely be split up in the future, and the PS3 forums will be merged in the future. But right now the PS3 forums are still getting a lot more activity than the PS4 forum.

    So yeah, later in the year we'll make the switch.
    Oh yeah. I agree with you there. I also forgot about the yearly e3 section.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  25. #324
    Apprentice
    Xraein's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Venus
    Age
    26
    Posts
    304
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    4,259 (0 Banked)
    The forums are dead And some members just disappeared after the updates! U don't kidnap em right?

  26. Likes claud3, John25 likes this post
  27. #325
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    the status off the forum, is what it is until things pick up
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.