Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Let's liven this place up then!

Gaming on all platforms right now.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Screw the new members, if it means you are going to treat your veteran member like $#@!. (like the Battle Royal competition..seriously, all the people who won that thing had like one post and we'll never see them again.)

If you don't get you're $#@! together soon you'll be losing the backbone of this community.
    My thoughts exactly. Even if you're not going to ill-treat your old members, you gotta keep the new ones in check. Otherwise they'll go around bullshitting over the place and then claiming that they're being "bullied" (like the ones in this thread).
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Selected Members Council
    Concerning the bugs, I brought them up with Cuguy a couple days ago. He told me that he is still working on getting them fixed but that some real-life commitments have taken over. We need to be patient for a little while longer. He will let us know when progress has been made.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

4. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Even if you're not going to ill-treat your old members, you gotta keep the new ones in check. Otherwise they'll go around bullshitting over the place and then claiming that they're being "bullied" (like the ones in this thread).
    I dont see any new members claiming that theyre being bullied. I was the one who made the bully comment not them and I know youre not calling me a new member since you joined 4 years after me. lol But I do agree with the point you made about new members getting slack because theyre new. They read the rules and agreed to them so they should be held accountable.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-10-2012 at 20:52.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I dont see any new members claiming that theyre being bullied. I was the one who made the bully comment not them and I know youre not calling me a new member since you joined 4 years after me. lol But I do agree with the point you made about new members getting slack because theyre new. They read the rules and agreed to them so they should be held accountable.
    They're not being bullied. But they feel that they can get away with anything because they're new and this place needs more members; they're using that to their advantage. That, and the mods being very lenient with them so that they feel "welcome".
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Selected Members Council
    They're not being bullied. But they feel that they can get away with anything because they're new and this place needs more members; they're using that to their advantage. That, and the mods being very lenient with them so that they feel "welcome".
    We usually don't get any reports on newer members, unless they're spambots. If we do, the mods might give them a warning, as opposed to veteran members who have been here for a couple years and should know better.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    In some instances they are. I've seen it. But we'll just have to disagree on that. And like I said already I agree with your other point. They read the rules and agreed to them so they should be held accountable. If they didnt then thats their fault.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    We usually don't get any reports on newer members, unless they're spambots. If we do, the mods might give them a warning, as opposed to veteran members who have been here for a couple years and should know better.
    To be honest, I wasn't really mentioning things that were out rightly against the rules. I was merely pointing out that recently, a lot of off-topic, conversational and non-productive posts are being made by some new members.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    To be honest, I wasn't really mentioning things that were out rightly against the rules. I was merely pointing out that recently, a lot of off-topic, conversational and non-productive posts are being made by some new members.
    And necro bumping ancient threads. Almost always a new member.

Selected Members Council
    And necro bumping ancient threads. Almost always a new member.
    That is nothing new though.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    That is nothing new though.
    Yeah and to be fair I haven't seen it nearly as much lately.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

14. Likes Nitey , RaY_210 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I dont know if i agree with new members getting a pass? If you take a look at the infraction/warning threads a new member was given a warning (oldmangamer) While i didnt agree personally since it was a back and forth thing with 2 members the older member didnt get one. So thats just BS and this whole old vs new ect ect....Seriously who gives a $#@!?

The FOCUS needs to be on the community as a whole not what a select few think or feel. Any problems from what ive see IN THE GUIDELINES the staff is more than accessible and able to assist with any complaints. Anytime im on the forum if i see anything like spam spot or offensive/possible violation i just report it by clicking the report button.

Everyone needs to do their small part in helping out for the most part just enjoy the forums. I sure as hell do

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

16. Likes RaY_210 , Nitey likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I dont know if i agree with new members getting a pass? If you take a look at the infraction/warning threads a new member was given a warning (oldmangamer) While i didnt agree personally since it was a back and forth thing with 2 members the older member didnt get one. So thats just BS and this whole old vs new ect ect....Seriously who gives a $#@!? The FOCUS needs to be on the community as a whole not what a select few think or feel. Any problems from what ive see IN THE GUIDELINES the staff is more than accessible and able to assist with any complaints. Anytime im on the forum if i see anything like spam spot or offensive/possible violation i just report it by clicking the report button. Everyone needs to do their small part in helping out for the most part just enjoy the forums. I sure as hell do
    Yeah alot of the complaints in this thread is stuff that doesn't really bother me nor do I even think about tbh. But since the topic was up I threw in my two cents. lol

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Hopefully we can get a new design for the forums. Not a massive fan of the current one, really.

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

El Presidente
    What's ironic about this thread is it talks about the forums being dead yet there are 6 pages of conversation as of right now in this thread.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

20. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    What's ironic about this thread is it talks about the forums being dead yet there are 6 pages of conversation as of right now in this thread.
    Talking about problems with the site seems to bring out the liveliness of people
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Just goes to show that its mostly because theres not much big gaming news going on right now so theres not much to talk about. Except about how dead it is. lol

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Just goes to show that its mostly because theres not much big gaming news going on right now so theres not much to talk about. Except about how dead it is. lol
    And people like to complain

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    And people like to complain
    I think you forgot to add my name in brackets cause that's where your post was headed anyways.

Moreover, if you think of it as complaining, I suggest you leave cause this is where members express their view about the community and how it can progress.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    I think you forgot to add my name in brackets cause that's where your post was headed anyways.

Moreover, if you think of it as complaining, I suggest you leave cause this is where members express their view about the community and how it can progress.
    Calm down dude. That wasn't directed at you. It was just a general statement. You look anywhere and people tend to focus on the negatives than the positives. It's not specific to PSU

26. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

Cmon you've seen ray on the forums you know better than to assume he was talking about you?

He's talking about in general lifewise also on the forums. Which I agree and why I don't watch the news as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Fix the bugs
    Add new features
    ???
    Profit!

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Or better still, quit $#@!ing moaning and bring some lols

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

30. Likes RaY_210 , podsaurus likes this post
    ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Fix the bugs
    Add new features
    ???
    Profit!
    This place used to be about profit, actually. Now it's not and well... here's the aftermath.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Thread Information