Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    well i post every minute to keep the place alive lol

The only time i do not post is when i am at work, in he toilet or asleep
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Here lately I'm on here every chance I get. Just got tapatalk so I might be on here even more. There just isn't that strong user base like it was a few years ago. Come February 20th...all will change!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    well i post every minute to keep the place alive lol

The only time i do not post is when i am at work, in he toilet or asleep
    Do you think some of the nonsense that you posted on the previous page is going to get more people to sign up and participate?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

4. Likes -Shafty- likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Do you think some of the nonsense that you posted on the previous page is going to get more people to sign up and participate?
    Nope lol, because i am one step away from the mental hospital

And i encourage people to be aware of me when you sign up
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I think fixing technical issues will bring some old members back, I know that some members left because of the issue they experienced. Adding new features which is currently occurring may also attract new members, but those features must be noticeable and attractive.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I think fixing technical issues will bring some old members back, I know that some members left because of the issue they experienced. Adding new features which is currently occurring may also attract new members, but those features must be noticeable and attractive.
    As you know, we can do nothing but wait. New features certainly help though.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

Is this place dead?

yep the place actually pick up ten fold and we might hit numbers like 105 on the forum at once
    Hopefully more than that. We used to have constant server crashes during E3 from the ridiculous amount of people posting. Moderating was fun back then... lol.

It's unacceptable that they aren't fixed already. This should be a priority.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

9. Likes Cybertox likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    A lot of activity isn't really the answer, you need activity + insightful posts. Activity could increase beyond earlier levels but if the posts doesn't promote interesting debates it won't really help to keep members long term.

Pre PS3 launch the debating of hardware rumors were on such a high and smart level it really dragged you in and set an example of the discourse expected.
    Other opinions are available.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    The whole technical issues can't be handled by the mods and admins. I know a lot of people think they can but its out of their hands. They want all the issues handled as much as we do. It has been discusses at length multiple times.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    The whole technical issues can't be handled by the mods and admins. I know a lot of people think they can but its out of their hands. They want all the issues handled as much as we do. It has been discusses at length multiple times.
    Exactly. We're waiting on Anto, whom I understand is busy elsewhere.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Why not hire another programmer, only for psu? It could be a part time programmer or technical guy who could concentrate on psu and fix the issues. Anto isnt doing $#@! btw.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Hopefully more than that. We used to have constant server crashes during E3 from the ridiculous amount of people posting. Moderating was fun back then... lol.
    LOL,

Just messing mate.... But once the PS4 is revealed, we will get an onslaught off members logging in again and the place will pick up big time

Wait and see what happens when GTA V is released on 17th of sept

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    That's the problem with forums that are run by a company rather than an individual that is a user of the site. I'm not putting judgment on this arrangement, who knows, if the forum wasn't bought by these guys maybe it wouldn't be around today. But it does make the chain of change that much longer and slower.

I guess what I'm saying is when a forum goes from a hobby to a business it changes character.
    Last edited by Tutankhamun; 02-09-2013 at 19:00.
    Other opinions are available.

16. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    That's the problem with forums that are run by a company rather than an individual that is a user of the site. I'm not putting judgment on this arrangement, who knows, if the forum wasn't bought by these guys maybe it wouldn't be around today. But it does make the chain of change that much longer and slower.

I guess what I'm saying is when a forum goes from a hobby to a business it changes character.
    That is exactly what happened. The soul of the site has left.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

18. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Why not hire another programmer, only for psu?
    The budget won't allow for it. The current plan is to set up PSU as the definitive PS4 destination (in addition to making this place more interesting in other ways), which will drive traffic and therefore increase the budget.

So in order to pay for technical fixes, we need to drive traffic. The good news is that traffic has seen a nice bump since these PS4 rumors, so once it's officially announced and we begin being bombarded with PS4 games, news, specs, features, etc, we'll most definitely acquire a larger budget.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    is this ant?

or is this more like it?

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

21. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Lmao, may the man in the suite pick up my dirty money please and drop it of at the bank
    Last edited by claud3; 02-09-2013 at 22:31.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    The last posts in this topic were from a week and a half before the PS4 was announced, the PS4 has now somewhat been unveiled and no real huge increase in traffic overall. Will it be when all the info comes out with more games and what the console looks like?

yep the place actually pick up ten fold and we might hit numbers like 105 on the forum at once
    Only 105, that's it? That's not impressive if its overall viewers and members but having 25,000+ at once would be to me. There are tons of guests but not that many members online at a time in comparison. I can definitely say this board has stagnated big time over the last 3.5 years.

Nope lol, because i am one step away from the mental hospital

And i encourage people to be aware of me when you sign up
    Yep we know, lol.

What needs to be done is to get this board back to phpbb (the one from 2005), been saying it for years now. I bet activity will explode once this is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post

This and the name of this site is now Playstation Universe so people looking for PS4 information may not necessarily settle here like folks did during the PS3 speculation era. Outsiders will look at this site and think its a general Playstation forum and because its connected to other media content, most won't believe its a dedicated forum and just a message board hanging off a site. This I believe is a huge issue.
    Last edited by hoverbike; 03-28-2013 at 00:35.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    It feels dead to me but then I've been here a long time and barely post anymore so I guess that's normal.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    It's easter and the BUNNY is out and making members happy and that is why it is dead

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    Well i started to visit PSU back in 2005 cuz i wanted first hand info´s about the PS3. The forum seems to have these "insider" info´s that i couldn´t find anywhere else. What me impressive the most was the technical in depth stuff that some members posted. Now that PS3 released a while ago there was nothing left to visit this forum on regular day. But with the PS4 lurking around the corner things may change again.
    This happened with a Ps2 forum I used to go as well, so yes Ps4 and fun speculations and such should make the place more lively.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    This place is certainly beginning to pick up traffic again. Like we've been saying for years, this trend will only continue as we get more information about the PlayStation 4. If this place feels dead to you now, you should certainly have seen it awhile ago.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    This place is certainly beginning to pick up traffic again. Like we've been saying for years, this trend will only continue as we get more information about the PlayStation 4. If this place feels dead to you now, you should certainly have seen it awhile ago.
    I remember around the time ps3 start getting good exclusives. this place was packed and threads will jump pages within hours.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    this is picking up... But when the 720 is revealed and the titles for it our revealed, this place should be really packed and that was the case of the PS4 revealing as well

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    $#@! the 720, or whatever its called... pick a side and stick to it!!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Thread Information