Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    How's it funny? For Sony this is the exception, not the norm. They have been totally consistent in output for the last 5 years, and even in this family friendly holiday season are releasing some gems (Okami HD, new R&C and Sly game etc). Next year they get back to the usual MO with TLOU, Beyond, GoW:A etc. I hope you don't mind, I edited your post for accuracy, you seemed to have omitted that Sony is getting the same 3rd party content, making the differentiators this holiday season Halo and Forza (and kinect Fable). However, let's not forget that Vita owners are getting exclusive Assassins Creed 3 and CoD games this xmas. Or does that not count?
    First of all I thought we were talking about Sony's PS3 strategy hence the thread title so no I didnt count Vita games. Secondly it seems like core 3rd party is always dismissed on 360 just because those games are also on the PS3 which is what makes your edit to my post a bit hypocritical. Yet its ok for Sony to ride out the rest of this year on the 3rd party train for core games despite the fact that those games are also on the 360. And you dont see the double standard there? And its the "norm" for MS to put out core exclusives as well. The only difference is that its the same 3 or 4 IPs over and over which I have criticised them in the past for. So yeah its basically Halo 4 and Forza Horizon vs LBP Kart Racing and PS All Stars as the "differentiators" this holiday shopping season. I know which two games I would rather play. Now next year thats a different story. TLOU, GOW Acension and Beyond will ensure plenty of first party goodness on my PS3. But this xmas not so much. It just seems that you dismiss 3rd party when it suits your argument and then acknowledge them now when acknowledging them suits your argument. Anyway its 2:00am here so I'm going to bed for now. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-30-2012 at 08:20.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    First of all I thought we were talking about Sony's PS3 strategy hence the thread title so no I didnt count Vita games. Secondly it seems like core 3rd party is always dismissed on 360 just because those games are also on the PS3 which is what makes your edit to my post a bit hypocritical. Yet its ok for Sony to ride out the rest of this year on the 3rd party train for core games despite the fact that those games are also on the 360. And you dont see the double standard there? And its the "norm" for MS to put out core exclusives as well. The only difference is that its the same 3 or 4 IPs over and over which I have criticised them in the past for. So yeah its basically Halo 4 and Forza Horizon vs LBP Kart Racing and PS All Stars as the "differentiators" this holiday shopping season. I know which two games I would rather play. Now next year thats a different story. TLOU, GOW Acension and Beyond will ensure plenty of first party goodness on my PS3. But this xmas not so much. It just seems that you dismiss 3rd party when it suits your argument and then acknowledge them now when acknowledging them suits your argument. Anyway its 2:00am here so I'm going to bed for now. lol
    I don't agree that core 3rd party is dismissed on 360. If anything it's highlighted as being the go to console if you want the better port in many cases on these forums going by the H2Hs and LoT threads. DLC deals like CoD and Skyrim further illustrate this.

I don't see the double standard, no. Sony's holiday line up may not be mature content like Halo or Beyond etc, but the games that are coming out this year for Sony I'm all very excited about. I love Ratchet & Clank so I can't wait to get this title, as well as Sly 4. Okami HD is something I've hoped for since I got my PS3 and PSABR is looking like a ton of fun and I have enjoyed what I played on the LBP karting game.

I think it's just a matter of taste. As a core gamer I am looking forward to all of these titles. I am buying all of them, and will not be playing them in a family situation, which means they can all exist outside of this family friendly umbrella term lol.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Plenty of games yearly since 2008...So 4.5 if we're being accurate. Anyway, splitting hairs.

Depends if you want to say consistantly or not, 2008 was a stop start sort of year for Sony.
    The only titles of note were LBP, Resistence 2 and Motostorm 2.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-30-2012 at 09:54.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I don't agree that core 3rd party is dismissed on 360. If anything it's highlighted as being the go to console if you want the better port in many cases on these forums going by the H2Hs and LoT threads. DLC deals like CoD and Skyrim further illustrate this. I don't see the double standard, no. Sony's holiday line up may not be mature content like Halo or Beyond etc, but the games that are coming out this year for Sony I'm all very excited about. I love Ratchet & Clank so I can't wait to get this title, as well as Sly 4. Okami HD is something I've hoped for since I got my PS3 and PSABR is looking like a ton of fun and I have enjoyed what I played on the LBP karting game. I think it's just a matter of taste. As a core gamer I am looking forward to all of these titles. I am buying all of them, and will not be playing them in a family situation, which means they can all exist outside of this family friendly umbrella term lol.
    Wow talk about spin. And also if you honestly dont see the double standard then all I can say is I'm amazed. As for Sony's holiday lineup the thread title even says family friendly games yet you try to spin that into something else. Its obvious this holiday season the 360 will be bringing the core exclusives while Sony will be bringing exclusives geared more towards a family oriented audience. Anyway I guess we'll just have to basically agree to disagree.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-30-2012 at 14:08.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    wow talk about spin. And also if you honestly dont see the double standard then all i can say is i'm amazed. As for sony's holiday lineup the thread title even says family friendly games yet you try to spin that into something else. Its obvious this holiday season the 360 will be bringing the core exclusives while sony will be bringing exclusives geared more towards a family oriented audience. Anyway i guess we'll just have to basically agree to disagree.
    this...lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    this...lol
    This haha.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I don't see the double standard, no. Sony's holiday line up may not be mature content like Halo or Beyond etc, but the games that are coming out this year for Sony I'm all very excited about. I love Ratchet & Clank so I can't wait to get this title, as well as Sly 4. Okami HD is something I've hoped for since I got my PS3 and PSABR is looking like a ton of fun and I have enjoyed what I played on the LBP karting game.
    Yeah totally, proof that games don't need to be rated M to awesome, I'm more hyped for Sly than anything next year apart from GOW:A from Sony.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Im still waiting for an M rated Mario Game LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Closest you'll get to that is the Mario mod for Grand Theft Auto lol

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Im still waiting for an M rated Mario Game LOL
    You're in luck!

Nintendo has let loose yet more hints about their upcoming Mario reboot titled Luigi's Revenge. Not much is known about this title other than it deals with a mature shift in the relationship of the two brothers and deals with romantic love triangle between them and Princess Peach. Nintendo said it's a game that deals with the human condition and the effects of deep rooted jealousy between brothers. Sound good? Well, you're in for a long wait. The game is TBA late 2013. Keep tuned to IGN for more on Luigi's Revenge as it breaks.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    You're in luck!
    Oh Shiggity! LMAO

The closest i would get is in an RPG mario game since they actually have a storyline lol
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 07-30-2012 at 17:08.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    They should focus on the Vita and maybe crossplay. Get LBP Karting on it FFS.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    They should focus on the Vita and maybe crossplay. Get LBP Karting on it FFS.
    I don't know for you guys, but i can't wait to play Sly 4, LBP Karting and PSABR !!! for kids ? maybe. Fun ? fukc yeah !

14. Likes AaronSOLDIER , Ghost , Nitey likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Fun knows no Age limits

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

16. Likes AaronSOLDIER , Ghost , Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Apparently if it doesn't have a gun it's casual (to some people)

Come at me bros.

18. Likes AaronSOLDIER , Ghost likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post

Come at me bros.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

20. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    this...lol
    Yep thats cool. Different opinions and perspectives are what keep the forums interesting. It would be a real borefest if we always all agreed.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Apparently if it doesn't have a gun it's casual (to some people) Come at me bros.
    Baseless assumption. Nobody here ever said that.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-30-2012 at 19:01.

Soldier 95B

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Baseless assumption. Nobody here ever said that.
    I... was just joking lol, hence the snicker face

I'm outta here!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I agree with everything said all the time! LMAO

But yea its no fun if we all agree however when we reach a point of going in circle we (as you put it sir) need to agree to disagree LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I... was just joking lol, hence the snicker face

I'm outta here!
    CMON BRAH lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

27. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I... was just joking lol, hence the snicker face I'm outta here!
    No problem brah. lol

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I agree with everything said all the time! LMAO But yea its no fun if we all agree however when we reach a point of going in circle we (as you put it sir) need to agree to disagree LOL
    Very true.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    To some people, yep.

Thread Information