Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...rs-ii/17-6376/
    22 minute video with developer commentary

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I tired to go back and finish Darksiders yesterday.. I got the portal gun but I'm playing on easy and the combat is still way too challenging, I think its because I left the game for like 2 years on the backburner and going back is hard.

Eh... I'll still get Darksiders II and I'm sure I'll be fine story wise ><

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    (me and Mad! from last years sdcc)
    You shook his hand and wrapped your arm around him.. Yep, that guarantees the game to receive GOTY.

Master Guru
    Darksiders II is going to be awesome. Can't wait!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    You shook his hand and wrapped your arm around him.. Yep, that guarantees the game to receive GOTY.

hey hey hey... ive been idolizing this guy since '93... he can do no wrong in my eyes... just saying...
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I tired to go back and finish Darksiders yesterday.. I got the portal gun but I'm playing on easy and the combat is still way too challenging, I think its because I left the game for like 2 years on the backburner and going back is hard.

Eh... I'll still get Darksiders II and I'm sure I'll be fine story wise ><
    dude i seriously finished the platinum trophy about a week ago... start it back up on the hardest setting (as long as you obtained the abyssal armor from a previous playthrough... if not... go back on super easy and find all the pieces ) and straight use IGN guide for everything.... its much easier that way... i stopped playing a long time ago but wanted that platinum before DS2... so i just powered through it!

http://guides.ign.com/guides/818225/

$#@! the angelic mount section... but keep at it... its the hardest trophy in the game.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Haha alright when I have some time I'll give it another shot. Hell, even if I just finish the game on the easiest setting I just wanna see it all the way through

Via Tapatalk

Super Elite

Haha alright when I have some time I'll give it another shot. Hell, even if I just finish the game on the easiest setting I just wanna see it all the way through

Via Tapatalk
    You ae
    Actually really far in. The portal gun is close to the end. I agree, just use a walkthrough to power through it. You can finish it quickly at this point.

Of all things I'm having trouble surviving the monsters. I don't know why they are so hard I'm guessing its because I suck and forget how to play and fight effectively

Apprentice
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    I might give this a go some time. I have the 1st one downloaded from the store but yet to play it. I've a few games from the store to get through 1st though.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    hey hey hey... ive been idolizing this guy since '93... he can do no wrong in my eyes... just saying...
    I don't doubt it. Darksiders is a very fun game and I'm confident that Darksiders II will deliver.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Dying to play this game, first one was incredible and I haven't played a decent game since Starhawk.
    Still pissed it's not a direct sequel but it looks so good that I just want to play it anyway!

Click HERE for my Videos

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    oh yeah i forgot to post this stuff from the Vigil panel@sdcc ... sorry theyre not super HD its all just iphone shots... but still amazing!

this one i thought was cool... basically they made everything Joe Mad-ified... if anything was round or soft, they made it angular and chunky

Vanik Tetsu'ya

14. Likes Fon likes this post
    Super Elite

Awesome, I like his horse a lot.

Super Elite

http://www.maroonersrock.com/2012/07...of-open-world/

Darksiders II Preview Part 1: A New Form of Open World

Posted on 31 July 2012 by Adam.
    When I reviewed Darksiders back in 2010, I was pleasantly surprised. As my memories of the game aged, what stuck with me was the untouched potential behind the game and the mythos surrounding it. The initial showings for Darksiders II did nothing to make me feel that there would be any dramatic improvement this time around, and while I held out hope that I might be surprised, my attention shifted to other upcoming titles. Well, I was able to sit down with Darksiders II for two full days, diving in to nearly every aspect of the game, and my every hesitation was promptly destroyed.
    THQ and Vigil sat me down with the first two areas of the game, the much displayed “ice” level which featured the games tutorial, and the full world of the Makers, those brilliant giants with the Scottish brogues. Initially, the scope of Darksiders II seemed to be similar to its predecessor, until I was informed that this opening area was the size of the entire game world of the original, no small feat. It is obvious from the outset that Vigil found laurels a terrible place to rest, and each piece that followed proved just how ambitious they are.
    Throughout the week I plan on tackling different portions of the game so I can give proper time to each improvement, and there are a lot of them. Thursday will be combat, Wednesday will be character customization, and today will cover traversing the game world itself.
    Darksiders II manages to straddle a very fine line, retaining the feeling of a “Darksiders game” while completely subverting any expectations and reinventing itself continuously to maintain a firm difference between Death and War. The game world is mostly a wide open space now, and Death’s horse is along from the beginning to ferry you around it. Instead of looking big while funneling players through on a set path, Darksiders II opens up everything and drops you in to explore. Vigil took a different approach to exploration when building the world around Death, peppering caverns and dungeons seamlessly throughout the world, some accessible right away, and some simply tempting you with their potential. More than once I found myself in a “dungeon” without actually knowing it. They are blended into the world in such a way that game play is never interrupted. Each dungeon is so large and expansive that I never felt trapped or stifled. Typically dungeons and caverns are clearly delineated from the game world; see Skyrim for a perfect example. Vigil seems to have focused on making Darksiders II feel like one giant world instead of a corridor with a bunch of rooms attached. And the addition of fast travel both inside and outside of dungeons means that you are never trapped or stuck, you can simply pop out and come back later.
    Navigating with Death is also vastly improved this time around. Where War was slow, lumbering and brutish, Death is lithe, quick and tricky. He runs faster, climbs quicker, and scales walls far differently than War. Wall running makes a comeback, but Death is able to parlay his runs into new ways of locomotion. He can leap between two facing walls, bounding up to seemingly unreachable areas. His momentum allows for him to propel himself farther as well. Death’s movements are akin to the original Prince of Persia, with new flairs and moves coming into play as you advance and gather new equipment, providing players with something new just before exploration becomes tedious. Vigil’s ideas and passion in crafting a consistently new experience, even in just the first dozen hours, makes a world of difference. Instead of showing a big world with limited options, they made sure that players had a daunting amount to explore and find, limiting us only by our equipment and ingenuity.
    Tomorrow I will cover why Darksiders II might be the deepest action-RPG ever released.

Super Elite

http://www.maroonersrock.com/2012/08...rpg-since-wow/

Darksiders II Preview Part 2: The Best RPG Since WoW.

Posted on 01 August 2012 by Adam.
    Today, in continuation of our Darksiders II coverage (see part one here), I will be going over what may be the most addicting and, to me, the most appealing portion of Darksiders II: the character customization.
    Melding an action game with aspects of the RPG genre is not exactly a new idea. We’ve seen more and more of it over the last 5 years, to varying degrees of success, but there is still a wide gulf between a traditional role playing game and action games. Hearing that a game has “RPG elements” typically makes me gag; not because I don’t like the concept, but because every other game seems to use that buzz phrase to garner attention. I was less than excited to see what Vigil offered up when I heard this.
    Darksiders II feels more like an RPG than even a game like Kingdoms of Amalur. I was consistently reminded of World of Warcraft, and stat junkies will delight in the amount of variables and possibilities. It was truly daunting, and I spent periods of 10-15 minutes just staring at stats and taking notes on weapons and armor to try and get the best outcome. And trust me, there is an inordinate amount to sort through.
    Loot is a key component of Darksiders, and enemies will constantly be dropping new items. Bigger guys drop bigger loot, but run of the mill guys will be dropping pieces left and right. Comparisons to the loot mechanic in Diablo will certainly arise, and it is a fair point. There are basic armor and weapon options in the menu, allowing you to carry around 25 pieces for each area you’d equip; scythes (your main weapon), your secondary weapon, chest armor, gauntlets, boots, amulets and then other miscellaneous pieces. Most of the loot will be useless, and the weapons most people will equip will be found from bosses at the end of dungeons or levels, so you can quickly be bogged down. Yet don’t despair, there is a reason for it.
    Darksiders II features not only a huge variety of weapons, but it contains things called Possessed Weapons. These start out as weak tea, but you can feed them the other items you pick up in order to level them up and give them the abilities you want. You want to get health for each kill? Feed it weapons with that stat. Health or Wrath on Critical Hits? Sure, you can do that too. Elemental damage? Easy. Overall, I ran into 18 variations on stats that you could decide to trick your weapon out with. Personally, I depended on high Crit and Health on Kills for both weapons. Yet you can go so many paths that it is highly unlikely there will be a consensus on the “best” option. If you can’t find a possessed weapon, you can always fast travel to a town and sell your items for better gear or new moves. No item drops are useless.
    It is that level of detail that made me start to salivate during my trips into the menu. Not only are there dozens of different ways to set your weapons and armor up, but Death also has skill trees. You can pick one and go, or space your skill points out between both trees, either magic or melee. Vigil was also considerate enough to allow you to respec Death at any time for a set amount of money. You won’t be punished for trying out every combination you can come up with, which for obsessive stat hounds is vital. There are even training dummies in town so you can test your weapons and talents before you head out.
    As with every game that features leveling, experience points are the main way to level up Death. Yet while most games become a grind-fest before the end, Vigil set up a metric for granting experience that will, hopefully, prevent that monotony later on. Enemies 2 levels above you or more grant 200% experience, while levels 1 above, equal or 1 below give you 100%. The scale slides to 50%, 25% and then 10%, meaning not only will you have to keep moving forward to improve, but the game is set to level with you so you aren’t running through the same area for 10 hours, and you also can’t jump ahead to huge areas and exploit the system. It is a clever way to balance play so players spend an equal amount of time advancing the story as decking out their Death.
    For any fan of action-RPG’s, Darksiders II seems to be the most comprehensive and impressive entry. Ever. No other game balances so many pieces while offering such vast possibilities for customization. If you like to fire up World of Warcraft and set up Excel spreadsheets to get mathematically optimal, you will find as much to do here as you will in WOW. Players that simply want to experience the action and story and rely simply on the higher attack numbers will also be able to play and get the full experience. This is the first time that a leveling system didn’t force those who aren’t adept or appreciative of the RPG genre to participate, while offering more than any other action game we’ve seen. Instead of being “derivative,” Darksiders II seems to be blazing new ground.
    Tomorrow I’ll have coverage of the combat system and explain why fans of Devil May Cry and Street Fighter will be lining up for Darksiders II.

Super Elite

Of all things I'm having trouble surviving the monsters. I don't know why they are so hard I'm guessing its because I suck and forget how to play and fight effectively
    I guess you better go back and finish it up ASAP. You're very close to the end anyway.

http://www.darksiders.com/gb/blog-po...ing-darksiders

Unlock the Power of War by playing Darksiders

by THQSledgehammer on August 1, 2012 in Insider Exclusive, News

With Darksiders II just around the corner we wanted to reward our loyal community who has supported Vigil Games and THQ since the day Darksiders was announced. So today we would like to announce 2 awesome in-game unlocks within Darksiders II for our community who have completed or played Darksiders.

Players who played the first Darksiders will unlock the Pauldron of the Horsemen in Darksiders II. This level 5 legendary armor piece boosts all Death’s stats as well as his critical damage. Gamers who have finished the game on any difficulty will also earn a level 1 legendary scythe called the Chaos Fang which will boost Death’s damage and critical damage.

The in-game item unlocks are based on Achievements you have unlocked. So if you haven’t completed Darksiders you might want to pull your disk out or download it directly from Xbox Live, PSN or on Steam to get ready for Darksiders II.

Since this is based on trophies/achievements, it won't matter if people deleted their game save.
    Last edited by Typical guy; 08-02-2012 at 01:16.

Awesome, ad even if I don't get around to finishing it I still get stuff! Just not all the stuff lol

Via Tapatalk

Master Guru
    I have a platinum for the first game. I guess I pass with flying colors!.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    ok guys... hope you dont mind... a lot of updates from the darksiders website which include new armor and weapons... i took the time to save all the images for you sooooooooooooo, enjoy!

ARMOR

WEAPONS (HAND)

WEAPONS (SCYTHE)

WEAPONS (HEAVY)

CHARACTERS

Vanik Tetsu'ya

22. Likes Fon , DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Wow. I want to rock that Crow Armor for the whole game its amazing

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    That Crow Armor plus this Exclusive DLC Axe/Mace thing would look sick as $#@!!

looks so effing awesome!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by SomaXD; 08-02-2012 at 04:05.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya

How do you get that scythe?

Super Elite

Just read about this Tweet on NeoGaf
    https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/st...68284960686082

Patrick Klepek ‏@patrickklepek

Just spent an hour on the phone for what should be an awfully cool treat for Darksiders fans on Giant Bomb next week.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Ok darksiders 2 you have my interest now? lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information