Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    i cant be the only one whos absolutely horrified that you cant use the D-Pad in the menus? Seriously for a game that youll be in-menu a LOT due to gear comparison and looking at new gear and stuff... it seems just awkward to only use the analogue stick..

(this is my only complaint so far.. 30 hours in)
    I forgot to mention this in my last post actually. It's soo annoying. The first time the game booted up I was so confuse I couldn't select anything, I ALWAYS use the dpad for menus it just easier and faster. This is just annoying haha.

Still love the game though!

Via Tapatalk

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I forgot to mention this in my last post actually. It's soo annoying. The first time the game booted up I was so confuse I couldn't select anything, I ALWAYS use the dpad for menus it just easier and faster. This is just annoying haha.

Still love the game though!

Via Tapatalk
    That had to be a mistake, I effing LOVE this game, but yeah... no dpad for menus is the weirdest thing, I'm hoping maybe they patch that in.

Okay... Now back to the game... I'm like 35 hours in now.

Sent from my iPad using Fax.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I wish I had the time to sink 30 hours into the game... My days off consist of assignments and slight gaming haha

Via Tapatalk

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    I wish I had the time to sink 30 hours into the game... My days off consist of assignments and slight gaming haha

Via Tapatalk
    Well it's easy when you don't work much!! (Fortunately my wife has a kick ass job that affords me the leisure) plus being a freelance artist, work is pretty inconsistent. But since getting ds2 I've slept really really badly, like, I haven't slept since wed night... :P

Sent from my iPad using Fax.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Haha oh dear. Well I have tonight and
    Tomorrow off, so I'm gonna get a good chunk of hours in

And also do some assignments but you know... Games are priority :P

Via Tapatalk

Power Member
    I started but never finished the first, should I before playing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kopkiwi View Post
    I started but never finished the first, should I before playing this?
    I never finished the first, doesn't matter much

Via Tapatalk

Superior Member
    I never finished the first, doesn't matter much

Via Tapatalk
    I read that a gamesave from the first game gets you some sort of loot. Can this be confirmed?
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I read that a gamesave from the first game gets you some sort of loot. Can this be confirmed?
    I have my (uncompleted) game save, but I haven't seen it acknowledged in game yet, Soma did post something about it in this thread, not sure if it has the details there

Superior Member
    I have my (uncompleted) game save, but I haven't seen it acknowledged in game yet, Soma did post something about it in this thread, not sure if it has the details there
    Here is what I found.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...siders-II.html

If you're canny enough to have kept hold of your old Darksiders save, you'll be able to access some unique in-game armour for Death in Darksiders II. As a reward to the Darksiders community, THQ and Vigil Games have revealed the War armour and an accompanying scythe weapon based loosely on War's Chaoseater sword.

You need only to have played Darksiders and you'll be rewarded with the legendary level 5 Pauldrons of the Horsemen armour. However, you'll need to have completed Darksiders to gain access to the legendary level 1 scythe called Chaos Fang that boosts Death's damage and critical damage stats.

Darksiders II will read your Darksiders achievements and reward the in-game items accordingly, so if you've yet to finish the first game and intend to play the sequel on August 14th, you might want to get on the case sharpish.

[Via Darksiders.com]
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    So far I'm loving the game. It is like the first in so many way but the world is 3 times as big now. Not to mention the dungeons seem to be on a more grand scale as well now. This game is simply awesome.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Everyone knows "Lollipop Chainsaw" is Game of the Year.

Shut up and play games

13. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Good find Old Man Gamer.. It doesn't say HOW to unlock them though :/

Via Tapatalk

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Good find Old Man Gamer.. It doesn't say HOW to unlock them though :/

Via Tapatalk
    They are automatically unlocked as long as you have the trophies unlocked from ds1, for the scythe just talk to the blind maker chick and she gives it to you, the rest is automatically unlocked in your Tome delivery box after a certain point in the first main mission
    Vanik Tetsu'ya

16. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    They are automatically unlocked as long as you have the trophies unlocked from ds1, for the scythe just talk to the blind maker chick and she gives it to you, the rest is automatically unlocked in your Tome delivery box after a certain point in the first main mission
    Awesome, thanks

I really, really love this game more and more.

The RPG elements are fantastic, slowly customising Death and visually watching him grow stronger is awesome.
    The platforming is really fun and combat is satisfying
    Fast travel is a godsend and increases my overall enjoyment haha
    I haven't had one glitch or freeze in the 4 hours I've played - will keep you posted though haha

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I haven't had one glitch or freeze in the 4 hours I've played - will keep you posted though haha
    The freezing for me, did not start until I hit around the 9hr mark. I don't know if it something to do with how much stuff is in my inventory. I have quite a bit. I keep the good stuff so I can use them for upgrading possessed weapons and armor.

Just an FYI to you guys. There are some spots that require 2-3 people to open games and get chests. You will be able to summon ghosts to help you later on, so do not spend too much time trying to get a chest you can't reach. The ghosts can go through walls and activate switches and buttons.

20. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Cheers I'll keep that in mind. And yeah I have some possessed Scythes I'm currently feeding all my junk to

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I've had one freeze but I had been playing for 4 hours on end. It has happened in plenty of other games that are not even know for having glitches. Only glitch I have personally run into was in the very beginning I went through a door way and there was no level just nothing. I fell and was revived and all was well. That was the first 5 mins of the game so it had me a little worried but all is well.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Apprentice
    I'm about 17 hours into the game (I fell asleep for two hours or so, because I played at 4 A.M. lol, so I'm actually just 15 hours into the game).

I'm playing on apocalyptic, and it's - just like in the first game - the perfect difficulty.

The only bosses I couldn't defeat until now are "The Deposed King" (I'm leve 14 I think, but I'm not sure, but that piece of .... killed me no matter what, because I didn't do any damage at all it seemed. I'll go back to him when I'm level 20+) and "Gorewood" or whatever he's called. He's some sort of tree-stone-boss, like the living trees in Lord Of The Rings. But I got to him very very early in the game, level 5 or so.

Right now I'm about to go to the second Dead Lord "Judicator". I planned to go into the Arbiter's Maze, but I don't have all the scrolls with the coordinates yet... whatever these coordinates may tell me - I don't know yet. It seems that some side quests are meant to be completed much later in the game. I'll go treasure hunting when I'm in the last big world.

To everyone who hasn't played Darksiders (1): Grab a copy, it's really cheap, and play it. What a great, overlooked game. I'd personally play Darksiders before Darksiders 2, but that's just me.

24. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Holy $#@! this game is amazing. Just beat it after slightly under 22 hours of play. did all the side quests except the stone finding one. Didn't finish the 3rd part of the crucible though, so I'll go around to that on my second playthrough. Game of the year for me, I haven't been so addicted for a while.

Also MBS, you're screwed without finding all the Arbiter scrolls. You really won't get anywhere in the maze, unless you look them up online. That's what I did, was missing a few towards the end. Couldn't be hassled to scour all the places for 3 scrolls.
    Last edited by Xelios; 08-20-2012 at 08:00.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

I reallly like the continue game screen, it shows your current Death and where you are and what gear you have. So cool ><

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    Holy $#@! this game is amazing. Just beat it after slightly under 22 hours of play. did all the side quests except the stone finding one. Didn't finish the 3rd part of the crucible though, so I'll go around to that on my second playthrough. Game of the year for me, I haven't been so addicted for a while.

Also MBS, you're screwed without finding all the Arbiter scrolls. You really won't get anywhere in the maze, unless you look them up online. That's what I did, was missing a few towards the end. Couldn't be hassled to scour all the places for 3 scrolls.

You beat the entire game in under 22 hours? I did a few side quests and I'm in the "City of the dead" dungeon where you use the splitter. I'm playing on apocalyptic.

What's your difficulty? I must be normal/easy, otherwise it's not possible. You can't complete this game nearly 100% (only the stone side quest, really?) in under 22 hours, that's just ridiculous. Or do you have a horse that's got a turbo built in? You HAVE to explore to find the coins, the pages, relics, etc. etc.

How did you do that?

I'm never sure of what to equip and what to sell/sacrifize.

And could someone explain to me what "arcane" means? Is it the possibility of finding something cool (=possibility of finding better loot rises if arcane is higher?)? And what's arcane critical damage or arcane critical damage chance?

Maybe arcane critical damage is if you have a critical hit (and another question: is a critical hit a very powerful hit that occurs once in a while during combat, or is it a hit that kills an enemy?) and the enemy drops cool loot.

Great game... just like the first one. Although I miss the mood from the first one a little bit. It seems that - so far - they went REALLY really far away from the first game story-wise and everything. But there's a lot to come I guess.

Oh by the way... took me 20 hours to finally figure out that I can already use the quick travel function. It always said "quick travel currently not available" so I thought it's an ability you get later in the game, but I guess I made a mistake (I believe it doesn't work during combat or when you're on horseback or whatever). Lol...

Am I the only apocalyptic-player on this forum? Come on, tell me your difficulty!
    And which one do you like more - Darksiders or Darksiders2? So far, it's 50:50 for me. Combat is much more fluid in DS2, but I miss some small details like double jump and the level design isn't even meant for double jump. Death can only hold on to those wooden "rails" on ledges or on walls. War (in Darksiders 1) could grab on to almost every ledge.

But I guess that's the result of using pre-built level-parts. In Darksiders 1, they crafted every level individually, whereas in Darksideres 2, they built the levels like LEGO. They had their pre-built parts and just put them on top of another to build the level.

I also wished that they didn't separate combat from everything else. In Darksiders, you could evade while climbing AND you could swing your sword while climbing AND swimming. Hmmm...

But overall, the game kicks ass. It's stunningly beautiful and awesome. I recently got into the Assassin's Creed series for the first time (thought it sucked big time before, but I sat down with AC1 and forced myself through it and started to enjoy it, now it's one of my favourite franchises) and I'm currently about 1/3 into AC Brotherhood, and I stopped playing it because of Darksiders 2. And I'm glad I did... oh and by the way: first edition rules.

Elite Sage
    Hmm. So I was further from completion than I thought. I wasn't aware the boatman coins counted for an actual quest, but I only managed to find about 70ish of them (out of 100? I'm not sure how many there are). Had quite a few relics of the goths but I couldn't give you a number on that one. 3 chapters of the book of the dead and 8 pages found as well. So I was almost there haha. I figure thats about 85 maybe 90% of the game completed.

Probably could have shaved off an hour or so if I didn't waste my earlier moments of the game messing about in the crucible. Regardless, if you wish to know why I breezed through the game so easily and quickly, it's because of a certain weapon combo I had found. I'll put them in spoilers for those who do not wish to know, but it's available to the spot where you're at MBS. Also includes a tactic for the deposed king. The weapon he drops is pretty much the best weapon in the game, as far as I have found.

Scythes

Secondary Weapon
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Going through my games I want list and I can't decide on this game, is the story any good? Reviews seem to be 50:50 on that. Also contemplating getting it before the LE runs out, since thats probably $10 right there lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Thread Information