Latest PSU headlines:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't what it is about this game but it just feels dated to me graphically, and everything feels disjointed, combat & climbing feel like they from different games
    Not knocking the game as I'm sure its overall great, but it does make me want a new Soul Reaver instead.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Guru
    Items User name style
    I have the game but i'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would , I did however enjoy the first. The load times feel out place, I understand it's a big game though so there's not much to be done. I'm not sure how to put this but the combat feels abit sloppy and the enemy death effects are so basic, I'm not a fan

I don't think i'll be able to beat the game since I'm so annoyed >_<

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Hmmmmm, I am quite the opposite. I lost interest in the first one and never finished. This 2nd game I had no hopes of enjoying it, and here I can not stop playing it. I also found my first hidden gnome

4. Likes DarkVincent07 wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Lol even user opinions on the game seem mixed

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

6. Likes Lethal wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice

Yes... I finally beat the Deposed King. Wasn't that hard to be honest. I'd say I'm a pretty good player, but THAT one boss killed my over and over again - until I did one simple thing: evade all the time. LOL. I know it sounds silly, but my brain shut off when I got to the Deposed King. Every other creature in Darksiders1 and 2 - no problem. This one - brain shut off. Until I finally remembered that I should go around him ALL the time and that I should stay close (except for his "tornado" attack) so that he doesn't do the ranged attacks.

Oh, and by the way: I didn't get any special scythes from the Deposed King. I got a special hammer/mace/maul/whatever, but it's level 20 and I'm level 19, so I have to wait a little bit longer.

So far, Darksiders 2 is a very good game, just like the first one. It just resonates with me. Yes, there ARE some flaws, but tell me of ONE game that doesn't have any flaws! Few games suck me in like Darksiders and Darksiders 2. The only thing I'd want them to do in Darksiders 3 (god do I hope they make a third and a fourth one, and even more ^^) is more story that's related to the other game(s). So far, the story didn't really deal that much with War's conflict and imprisonment or Death's own conflict that rages inside him. I hope I'll see more of that in the coming hours of gameplay.

I'd recommend this game to my best friend (which I have - he currently plays Darksiders 1). And there's only a few franchises I'd recommend without even thinking about it to my best friend. The only franchises I recommended so far are: Darksiders, God Of War, Batman Arkham, Dead Space, Uncharted, and Assassin's Creed.

I hope that Darksiders 2 sells really really well in comparison to the first one (they did a lot of promotion), so that they have a much bigger budget for a third Darksiders game (I'd like to see Strife; Fury is a woman in Darksiders, and I don't like that fact - and please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against female video game characters - I'll buy the new Tomb Raider on day 1, but in my opinion it just doesn't fit the theme of "The Four HorseMEN" and the overall vibe that comes with that title - but that's just me). That would be great because if they had the time and the money, they could make an even greater game. I'd like to see some demon blood spilled that looks as good as the blood in God Of War 3 or GOW Ascension. That'd be awesome ^^
    Last edited by MBS D@v!d; 08-21-2012 at 05:49.

Super Elite

This game is really good. It's a solid 85-90 if I were to review it. I hope enough people buy it for them to make the next one but I'm worried that people aren't getting it. There seems to be a lack of interest in it. That's really unfortunate. These kinds of games don't come out anymore. We either get the top tier games and a ton of shovelware games. We rarely get excellent games that I would qualify as a solid "A" but not all the way up to "AAA" anymore. Games sales have been declining for some time now and people only want AAA games these days. I don't know about you guys but I don't want every single game to be the same.

Apprentice
    I know what you mean, Typical guy. It's a shame that Darksiders is such an overlooked game. It would've deserved millions of sold copies, but it sold only 1 million or so - but it was enough to make a second one. THQ hopes for the second one to sell at least 3-5 times more. That'd be great. Imagine if they sold 4-5 million copies. They'd have a solid budget and could make one hell of a third game.

Note: I just beat Darksiders 2. Just as brilliant as Darksiders. What a GREAT game. Folks, buy this game. It's a great journey. I beat it in 37 hours on apocalyptic. I did most of the side quests/dungeons, though I never fought in the Crucible (except once - until round 5 LOL). But on my next playthrough I'll do every little quest that's in the game. It's litterally that great that even the smallest side quest is worth doing it - in my opinion.

It's a shame we don't get more games like that. But one thing could be improved if they make a Darksiders 3: Please give us modifiers for the combat buttons. I want more combos and more moves. The scythes were great, but the only button for them was square! Why not combine square+triangle for the scythes, and circle for secondary weapons?

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Does this game have a statistic screen, such as to know how many of whatever you are away from a trophy? (I love to collect trophies)

Darksiders Ride for 100 miles trophy is urking me, hour and a half I've been running in circles and I wish I knew how close I was too it

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PSN

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Does this game have a statistic screen, such as to know how many of whatever you are away from a trophy? (I love to collect trophies)

Darksiders Ride for 100 miles trophy is urking me, hour and a half I've been running in circles and I wish I knew how close I was too it
    Not that I've noticed no. It does have stats but afaik not for trophy catching. There doesn't seem to be many like that though... The only one that has progression I've obtained so far is learning all combat skills.
    That being said... I don't know the full list and don't go for trophies :P

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Looking at the trophies (Which I should of did BEFORE this ) it seems the only trophies that are like that are the secondary quests, and collectibles.. are those logged in a stat screen at all, or would I have to keep track of those with a notepad.. like I did for darksiders 1?

-Aint getting 2 till friday at the earliest, birthday FTW lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

PSN

Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Looking at the trophies (Which I should of did BEFORE this ) it seems the only trophies that are like that are the secondary quests, and collectibles.. are those logged in a stat screen at all, or would I have to keep track of those with a notepad.. like I did for darksiders 1?

-Aint getting 2 till friday at the earliest, birthday FTW lol
    not sure about quests coz I haven't done many secondary ones at all yet... but with skills there are people you buy them off... just buy them all that ones easy

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    Looks good.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    For those of you that finished this game. Did you think the ending sucked some major ass? Use a spoiler tag if you actually talk about the ending.

Apprentice
    No, it didn't suck. I thought it was good.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    not sure about quests coz I haven't done many secondary ones at all yet... but with skills there are people you buy them off... just buy them all that ones easy
    Ack so theres no like quest log? Lame. Thank god for notepads I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    For those of you that finished this game. Did you think the ending sucked some major ass? Use a spoiler tag if you actually talk about the ending.
    Doing my search on if the games good, a lot of people seem to think the ending "sucked some major ass" - I've sadly had portions of the end spoiled for me.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PSN

Super Elite

The game is great. Sadly it looks like it's bombing. It's number 1 on the US charts but it's a pretty low seller at #1. I don't know how well it did in Europe but it looks like it only sold 247k in the US. Unless the word gets out that this game is good, there's no way they'll make another one. I wonder if these dismal sales are bad enough to finally bankrupt THQ? You can be damn sure that no other company is going to make a Darksiders game if they bought the assets in bankruptcy court. Any word on how well it did in Europe?

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ust-sales.aspx

Ack so theres no like quest log? Lame. Thank god for notepads I guess.

I noticed you got the game (in the pick-up thread), and yeah it does do a quest log Sorry I didn't know earlier I just hadn't even looked at my objectives haha

Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    The game is great. Sadly it looks like it's bombing. It's number 1 on the US charts but it's a pretty low seller at #1. I don't know how well it did in Europe but it looks like it only sold 247k in the US. Unless the word gets out that this game is good, there's no way they'll make another one. I wonder if these dismal sales are bad enough to finally bankrupt THQ? You can be damn sure that no other company is going to make a Darksiders game if they bought the assets in bankruptcy court. Any word on how well it did in Europe?

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ust-sales.aspx
    Wow thats kind of a shame... but sales all around this month seem pretty low from that link.. so it being #1 must be a good indication at least?

Superior Member
    Regardless, I'm sure that figure is nowhere near what they were expecting or hoping for. The game is good, but nothing fantastic IMO. Would be a shame for those who love the series if it ended here.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    I noticed you got the game (in the pick-up thread), and yeah it does do a quest log Sorry I didn't know earlier I just hadn't even looked at my objectives haha
    Yes, yes I did. And nothing to be sorry for.. I actually played it an hour or so through Onlive (first game ever that was playable for me) and I didn't really see anything about that stuff. Though when you got an hour to get a feel if you like the game at all it's kind of hard to really waste time in the menus lol

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    Regardless, I'm sure that figure is nowhere near what they were expecting or hoping for. The game is good, but nothing fantastic IMO. Would be a shame for those who love the series if it ended here.
    I actually got Darksiders 2 to try and help get a Darksiders 3 made. I would be one sad panda if Darksiders 2 was the last, end of Darksiders 1 makes me want a continuation really bad.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PSN

Super Elite

I actually got Darksiders 2 to try and help get a Darksiders 3 made. I would be one sad panda if Darksiders 2 was the last, end of Darksiders 1 makes me want a continuation really bad.
    Well, keep in mind that figure is only for the first couple of weeks of sales in the US for boxed PC, PS3, and 360 sales. It's low but it doesn't include Steam or Amazon sales (for Amazon it doesn't include download or boxed sales) and it's only the US, not Europe or the rest of the world. So maybe it's at the half million point. Even that probably isn't really good enough to get another one. Hopefully word gets out and they do well this holiday season.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    Kingpin326
    Items New User TitlePhotoShopModern Warfare 3Google ChromeUser name styleColeBattlefield 3Assassins Creed Ezio
    I think Darksiders I had better combat and puzzles. This game just seems more easy. But still enjoying it. I think I'm close to the finish.

Super Elite

The game (on PS3 and PC) was patched. That should fix some of the problems people are experiencing. I really hope people start buying this thing....

http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/da...sight-for-thq/

September 10, 2012 at 9:00 am | 29 Comments
    Darksiders II is failing, end in sight for THQ?

Back in early August I posted an article highlighting that Darksiders could make or break THQ as at the time their market cap was sitting at $33 million on a share price of $4.94. Well Darksiders II has now been released and while it has been a critical success it has only managed to sell around a million titles worldwide.
    But a millions pretty good I hear you say, well according to Michael Pachter the rumour is that it needs to break over 2 million before THQ even breaks even on the title and seeing that sales slow after the first month and we are about to head into the busiest part of the year that really doesn’t look likely.
    What’s more worrying for THQ is that the share price has now dropped to $4.33 on a market cap of $29.67 million; and with lower than expected sales from Darksiders pressuring them it really does feel like it’s now a do or die battle with the release of WWE in the coming weeks.
    It’s a massive franchise but with UFC taking a large portion of the fans and the franchise itself having a huge licence fee I wonder if it will be enough to keep THQ afloat for much longer.

Apprentice
    Currently playing Darksiders (1) and I'm having a blast. I always play on apocalyptic. But I have to say: NO, Darksiders 1 does NOT look better than Darksiders 2. Darksiders 2 is better in every category - gameplay/graphics/sound/scale. BUT darksiers has its own vibe and I love it. I like War as a character just as much as Death and the gameplay in Darksiders is much fun. I like that War keeps one armor and one sword and that you can level them up by using them. I just like leveling up. And I liked the idea with finding wrath shards and life stone shards... because I like how War just smashes the chests.

Whatever... I hope this thing sells very well and that many many people get into Darksiders because of all the adverts on the internet for Darksiders 2. Because Darksiders is such a great game, and much easier to pick up for beginners in my opinion. Darksiders 2 is a lot deeper and a lot more RPG (which is a good thing, but for beginners it could be not so good), so I hope many people get a copy of Darksiders 1 and then Darksiders 2. I hope so much that Vigil Games gets the chance to make at least two other Darksiders games with a big budget.

Well I JUST got around to finishing the game, and it was just FUN from start to finish. I enjoyed every second of it and MAJOR SPOILER

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Well I JUST got around to finishing the game, and it was just FUN from start to finish. I enjoyed every second of it and MAJOR SPOILER

i was so afraid i was going to have to
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Thread Information