Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    My god does that look completly different from launch. Ok I'm def going to pic up and try it on PS3. Heck may get it again on pc. I got the ce orginally but no clue where the disc or key is lol.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    World of Warcraft says hi.
    Lol? That game is slowly dying, and its been forced to getting closer and closer to free to play model as is, and is basically there already up to a certain level cap now--and you can still play for free once you reach that cap, you just won't level up any further.

DCU Online's profits skyrocketed after it went ftp.

It's the future for MMOs.

Dedicated Member
    GoGo FFXIV!

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Lol? That game is slowly dying, and its been forced to getting closer and closer to free to play model as is, and is basically there already up to a certain level cap now--and you can still play for free once you reach that cap, you just won't level up any further.

DCU Online's profits skyrocketed after it went ftp.

It's the future for MMOs.
    I disagree. As an MMO player for years, I only see the damage that F2P does. Nowadays, it's only pay to win, much like DC Universe, where you are so very limited that it's even shameful. You can't compare either the amount of content and updates a free game gets when compared to a subscription one in terms of true, new content, not hats, styles and crap like that. F2P only makes us dedicated gamers cringe when we have to be nickel and dimed for every little piece of content where all you had to do before was subscribe. All thanks to a few dorks who just log into a game once or twice a week, grab a hat and leave for another month.

The future of MMOs should be the one GW2 will set: pay for the game, no subscription and optional costumes and such. A game should NEVER be crippled from the get go just to make you subscribe. Either offer full access or just make users pay a subscription already.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Game looks pretty good, I wonder if they'll release the game for next-gen consoles as well. Like FF11 did
    Last edited by XSpike; 07-27-2012 at 23:09.
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Dedicated Member
    In before the usual SE hate.

I'm really intrigued by this title! I sure hope it lives up to our expectations. It's been ages since we saw a proper MMORPG on consoles.
    And they deserve all the hate that they have been recieving.FF13 is a mediocre game,still no vs13 and now they are focusing on this uninteresting MMO game.

7. Likes VayMasters86, The Cage likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    And they deserve all the hate that they have been recieving.FF13 is a mediocre game,still no vs13 and now they are focusing on this uninteresting MMO game.
    What a load of bull$#@!...

It might be an uninteresting game to you but it certainly isn't to thousands of others. FF XI is still being played after all these years so get your facts straight. Vs. 13 will come when it's ready and FF XIII is not the end of the world.

You're just being childish, that's all.
    Last edited by Wrath; 07-28-2012 at 00:07.

9. Likes Gaddes likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    I disagree. As an MMO player for years, I only see the damage that F2P does. Nowadays, it's only pay to win, much like DC Universe, where you are so very limited that it's even shameful. You can't compare either the amount of content and updates a free game gets when compared to a subscription one in terms of true, new content, not hats, styles and crap like that. F2P only makes us dedicated gamers cringe when we have to be nickel and dimed for every little piece of content where all you had to do before was subscribe. All thanks to a few dorks who just log into a game once or twice a week, grab a hat and leave for another month.

The future of MMOs should be the one GW2 will set: pay for the game, no subscription and optional costumes and such. A game should NEVER be crippled from the get go just to make you subscribe. Either offer full access or just make users pay a subscription already.
    I agree, I would much rather pay a subscription for the entire experience than play for free and pay everytime I want to level up or buy a new piece of equipment..or take a certain quest.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

11. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    It does look like they have improved upon it greatly, but I'm still engrossed in FFXI. At least they finally got the game back to what it should have been from the get go.
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

Dedicated Member
    After E3 with all those loads of info that said and hearing how the team is really adamant about making A Realm Reborn work (2.0) and hearing all the feedback from people on this forum from this new trailer I'm confident XIV can make a comeback. Not a roaring take-over-the-MMO-Market comeback, but a welcome return.

This calls for an avatar update! lol
    Last edited by Versus; 07-28-2012 at 07:18.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    if it can give me that sense of awe that XI gave me for 8 years.. ill finally jump on the PS3 version... XI was such an amazing time, and as long as this can pull me in like that... yeah!
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

15. Likes The Cage likes this post
    Master Poster
    If they just stop being lazy and care and listen to their fans they will be great again

Elite Member

Do you think this game is now good enough to choose over guild wars 2?

Master Poster
    World of Warcraft says hi.
    wow isn't f2p

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    wow isn't f2p
    Duh, that was the point of my reply...................................

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_Lilith View Post
    Do you think this game is now good enough to choose over guild wars 2?
    Probably not. I mean not atm, but maybe when A Realm Reborn comes out it will be great enough to give people a plausible reason to give the game a try over Guild Wars 2.

Master Poster
    Yeah GW 2 is better

Thread Information