Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by evanthealmighty View Post
    Can anyone compare Dragon Age Origins on ps3 and pc? I know the combat is more tactical on pc, but is it THAT MUCH different on ps3?? I know this is PSU, but please be unbiased hahahahaha!!

I am on a mac with NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB so would it even run? and is it different on mac and pc?

thanks a lot!!!!

EDIT [ps] : and I'm not a 'PC gamer' so I am used to the ps3, which can make a difference if you know what I mean.
    i got mine on PC i prefer this game on the PC

Geforce 320M will run it at low settings, so its better off getting it for console. unless you've got a more powerful PC....but there is no difference between Mac and PC

the PC and PS3 versoins both 'Play' differently, PC makes use of the keyboard, so hotkeys and such, a quickbar is used by the mouse for most used spells and potions. PS3 uses a radial type dealio...so its really slow by direct comparison. PC doesn't automatically pause during battle.

all RPG's are better on the PC imo, as modders sometimes fulfill what the developers couldn't manage in time....other times they're a little creepy o.O reallly creepy! O.O

in this instance however, get it for PS3 its still an incredible RPG!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

2. Likes evanthealmighty likes this post

I'll check out Resonance of Fate and Nier right now!! Thanks!

^^The only thing I'm wondering about with Origins is the tactical PC combat, where you can look above, THAT LOOKS AMAZING but the ps3 version doesn't have that.... Is it really that useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i got mine on PC i prefer this game on the PC

Geforce 320M will run it at low settings, so its better off getting it for console. unless you've got a more powerful PC....but there is no difference between Mac and PC

the PC and PS3 versoins both 'Play' differently, PC makes use of the keyboard, so hotkeys and such, a quickbar is used by the mouse for most used spells and potions. PS3 uses a radial type dealio...so its really slow by direct comparison. PC doesn't automatically pause during battle.

all RPG's are better on the PC imo, as modders sometimes fulfill what the developers couldn't manage in time....other times they're a little creepy o.O reallly creepy! O.O

in this instance however, get it for PS3 its still an incredible RPG!

Is low settings on PC comparable to PS3 graphics?? haha

Sorry for double post-
    So, Imma get it for my mac and just play it on low settings (do you guys think that's ok with NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB?)

But one more important question, are the 'm rated scenes' that bad? I have read they are really not bad at all and the violence is MUCH worse? haha
    (this is Dragon Age Origins obviously just making sure haha)

Thanks
    Last edited by evanthealmighty; 07-27-2012 at 19:38.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    You definitely won't see any "body parts". But you will see underwear....

to answer your overall question, I don't think that game exists. That is why as an RPG nut i play most of the RPGs that come out and enjoy each game for it's merits.
    Dragon's Dogma - combat !!!!
    Final Fantasy XIII & XIII-2 - big on graphics, and story (even though it is convoluted) plus kind-turn-based combat
    Kingdoms of Amalaur: combat, and setting
    Mass Effect story(just not the end), combat.
    Skyrim - huge open world
    Diablo's - loot, loot, loot
    Fallout - huge open world, semi-turn-based combat

its tough man, I don't think that there will ever be an RPG with a big enough world, and difficult but not brutal combat, loot everywhere and the a awesome story to boot. That game only exists in theory......
    but hope you enjoy DA:Origins.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

7. Likes evanthealmighty likes this post

Quote Originally Posted by gumionday View Post
    You definitely won't see any "body parts". But you will see underwear....

to answer your overall question, I don't think that game exists. That is why as an RPG nut i play most of the RPGs that come out and enjoy each game for it's merits.
    Dragon's Dogma - combat !!!!
    Final Fantasy XIII & XIII-2 - big on graphics, and story (even though it is convoluted) plus kind-turn-based combat
    Kingdoms of Amalaur: combat, and setting
    Mass Effect story(just not the end), combat.
    Skyrim - huge open world
    Diablo's - loot, loot, loot
    Fallout - huge open world, semi-turn-based combat

its tough man, I don't think that there will ever be an RPG with a big enough world, and difficult but not brutal combat, loot everywhere and the a awesome story to boot. That game only exists in theory......
    but hope you enjoy DA:Origins.
    Yeah.. It seems that Da:O is gonna be my best bet! Thanks a lot for the other suggestions! (Diablo 3 looks awesome, one day I might get it.) Now I just don't know where to get a hard copy of Da:O for Mac, like at gamestop or anything, I can only find digital downloads, which I can't return if it doesn't run on my computer.... uhhhhh they should just make a demo!!!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    That's why you need to ditch that whole MAC thing and build yourself a PC

Quote Originally Posted by gumionday View Post
    That's why you need to ditch that whole MAC thing and build yourself a PC
    grrrr.. hahahahaa!! Well, not to start anything, but I LOVE MACS!!! But, gaming = macs SUCK so.... I'm kinda screwed...

Do you think low graphics will look good on my mac NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB (8 gigs RAM and 2.4GHz)?

I was gonna get a gaming pc but its like ok: Imma spend $500, now $800, now $1000 until kaplewy!!!!
    thanks
    Last edited by evanthealmighty; 07-27-2012 at 20:05.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    grrrr.. hahahahaa!! Well, not to start anything, but I LOVE MACS!!! But, gaming = macs SUCK so.... I'm kinda screwed...

Do you think low graphics will look good on my mac NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB (8 gigs RAM and 2.4GHz)?

I was gonna get a gaming pc but its like ok: Imma spend $500, now $800, now $1000 until kaplewy!!!!
    thanks
    I think you should be ok, the game is a few years old which should help, but 256MB of the GFX card will hold you back some. RAM and Processor speed should be good.

It does cost some money to build a PC but MACs aren't cheap either. I built this for about $900.00

i5 Dual Core CPU (3.5GHz)
    8 Gigs of RAM
    6950 Radion 2MB GPU
    256 SSD
    1TB HDD
    plus power supply, case.

It is a beast for now, and runs everything at High settings, my first time with a powerful PC, so I am happy guy right now.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah you cannot go wrong with DA: Origins, the second on the other hand is a shell of what origins was. Although a good game not a good follow up.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah I don't know I just really like the magic, fantasy, archery games like Skyrim and Daggerfall and stuff you know? It looks good but too much emphasize on FPS? I also like the storybookness art of KoA:R
    I hate FPS games and really didn't expect it to be better than Oblivion, but seriously, get Fallout 3, you will enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    you already have Kingdoms of Amalur

Thread Information