Latest PSU headlines:

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X

PSU - Confirmed: Gran Turismo 6 is in the works, Vita version could be too

Read more here: http://www.psu.com/a016285/Confirmed...n-could-be-too

Does your heart ache for Gran Turismo 6? Do you yearn to hold the most realistic driving simulator in the palms of your hands? Well Gran Turismo series producer Kazunori Yamauchi may have the answers you're looking for.

Wednesday, July 25 marked the start of the China Joy game event in Beijing and Sony Computer Entertainment came out in full force. Kazunori Yamauchi was flown in by SCE for a signing and press Q&A during a Gran Turismo event and was asked questions concerning the future plans he has for the series.

According to Impress Watch, Yamauchi said that work for Gran Turismo 6 started as soon as Gran Turismo 5 was finished. In reference to GT6, he also stated, "We're always aiming for the latest technology and the latest expression." When later asked about the possibility of a Playstation Vita adaptation of the beloved series, Yamauchi replied, "If we were to make it, we'd like to make use of the ability to play anywhere and the ability to use 3G at any time."

2. Likes DeviousOne , MjW wishes they had posted this first.
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So it'll be a ps3 title?

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    To be released in about 8 years.

Super Elite
    Probably a PS4 title.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

6. Likes Fon wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Sweet looks like its gonna be a PS4 title

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Awesome! Can't wait until 2018/ 2019 to play this.

9. Likes avecha wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    yup ps4 title starts clock 8 years 2 months and 10 days see ya soon gran turismo 6 lol

PSN ID
    jack1982cp
    Yamauchi just answers "yes" to any question anybody asks him. I think he missed his true calling - he should have been a politician

12. Likes Fon , avecha wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Leave kazney alone!!

Soldier 95B
    Great news if true. I just want the rest of the cars to be made premium, revamp the imported GT4 ported tracks, add a couple more tracks....and start fresh on the menu UI. Otherwise, the game is solid.

Superior Member

At this point GT6 really needs to be a PS4 title imo ... with all the added processing power they could further improve the physics engine and bump up the in-race car count ... just imagine 40+ cars tearing around the Nurburgring 24hr with proper weather and lighting effects!

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    With the "latest tech and expression" comment that was put down, we know it'll be ps4. The other comment about 3g, etc., means we won't be seeing this on the Vita.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    With the "latest tech and expression" comment that was put down, we know it'll be ps4. The other comment about 3g, etc., means we won't be seeing this on the Vita.
    Of course we could see this on the Vita. Using 3G does not mean real time races. Could mean tournaments and best time wins. Or trading vehicles, etc.

Not to mention that many PS Vita owners do not even have a 3G model...

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Yeah, I thought about the "not races" ideas. However, I doubt we see the next iteration of GT on the Vita.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yeah, I thought about the "not races" ideas. However, I doubt we see the next iteration of GT on the Vita.
    I don't know. I can not see them not making a GT game for the Vita. There is a GT game on every other Sony platform, why stop now?

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    They might put a ported gt5, scaled down to the Vita. Which is why I said we won't see the next iteration...

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Maybe on the Vita SLIM then

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Well i do remember them saying they wanted to shorten the development cycle of the next Gran Turismo. Im certain this will not see the light of day on the PS3, but will see a release on the PS4/Orbis along with a carry-along version for the Vita. Now i was never a hardcore Gran Turismo fan, They screwed up GT5 severely by limiting customization options to cars. I really would like them to shrink the number of cars from 1000 to about 700 or 800.

400 standard cars.

200 premium cars

100-200 specialty cars

And as a personal touch, being an American who grew up with American made cars, lets put some more of our greatest cars in the game that nobody mentions, which are Iconic across the world.

My personal suggestions

1955-1957 Chevy Bel-Air's. Everyone loves them, and lets face it, a 57 chevy is THE poster boy for american cars. Cadillac owners (i.e. uptight rich arseholes) left their caddys in the garage to go out and buy these cars.

1958 Chevrolet Impala. This car was really the first car Chevrolet made that with a change of rims and ride hight, led to the muscle car styling that gave us the Mustang, Chevelle, Camaro, Firebird, and Cuda's we all know and love. It had 10 times the style and attitude of the 57 chevy. It truely was the last "Beautiful Badass" as i call it, that Chevrolet made.

1932 Ford Roadster. Im a chevy guy. for me to promote this car says something. that is all. Its still a ford in the end. =P

1980 Camaro and Firebird. you cant have one without the other. theyre pretty much the same car.

1953 Mercury hardtop coupe sedan. look it up. 'Nuff said.

And my car. well, the one that will be my car when i finish building it. a 1987 Chevy Caprice Landau 2-door Sport Coupe "SS Concept". I can dream cant i? lol. I put in a console from an 86 camaro (made it fit, looks fantastic) bucket seats, entire interior is black on black on black except for some minor brushed alluminum trim, simple 2.5 inch cowl induction hood is going on it but im going to pull the sides out so it sits a little bit lower and flares out on the sides a little bit more. and the classic Corvette Rallye rims are on it, has that classic muscle car rake, 15x7 standard sized tires in the front, but the tallest widest 15x8 tires i could find in the back, True dual exhaust, and something that SCEE needs to learn how to record..... FLOWMASTERS! Damn thing shakes the ground. and i havent driven it since february. That is the most depressing thing about building a car. Also, it is my first car. ive owned it since 2004. When its done, it will be the only one in its class.

I totally used a car thread to talk about my car. mah babbbyyyy.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post
    Well i do remember them saying they wanted to shorten the development cycle of the next Gran Turismo. Im certain this will not see the light of day on the PS3, but will see a release on the PS4/Orbis along with a carry-along version for the Vita. Now i was never a hardcore Gran Turismo fan, They screwed up GT5 severely by limiting customization options to cars. I really would like them to shrink the number of cars from 1000 to about 700 or 800.

400 standard cars.

200 premium cars

100-200 specialty cars

And as a personal touch, being an American who grew up with American made cars, lets put some more of our greatest cars in the game that nobody mentions, which are Iconic across the world.

My personal suggestions

1955-1957 Chevy Bel-Air's. Everyone loves them, and lets face it, a 57 chevy is THE poster boy for american cars. Cadillac owners (i.e. uptight rich arseholes) left their caddys in the garage to go out and buy these cars.

1958 Chevrolet Impala. This car was really the first car Chevrolet made that with a change of rims and ride hight, led to the muscle car styling that gave us the Mustang, Chevelle, Camaro, Firebird, and Cuda's we all know and love. It had 10 times the style and attitude of the 57 chevy. It truely was the last "Beautiful Badass" as i call it, that Chevrolet made.

1932 Ford Roadster. Im a chevy guy. for me to promote this car says something. that is all. Its still a ford in the end. =P

1980 Camaro and Firebird. you cant have one without the other. theyre pretty much the same car.

1953 Mercury hardtop coupe sedan. look it up. 'Nuff said.

And my car. well, the one that will be my car when i finish building it. a 1987 Chevy Caprice Landau 2-door Sport Coupe "SS Concept". I can dream cant i? lol. I put in a console from an 86 camaro (made it fit, looks fantastic) bucket seats, entire interior is black on black on black except for some minor brushed alluminum trim, simple 2.5 inch cowl induction hood is going on it but im going to pull the sides out so it sits a little bit lower and flares out on the sides a little bit more. and the classic Corvette Rallye rims are on it, has that classic muscle car rake, 15x7 standard sized tires in the front, but the tallest widest 15x8 tires i could find in the back, True dual exhaust, and something that SCEE needs to learn how to record..... FLOWMASTERS! Damn thing shakes the ground. and i havent driven it since february. That is the most depressing thing about building a car. Also, it is my first car. ive owned it since 2004. When its done, it will be the only one in its class.

I totally used a car thread to talk about my car. mah babbbyyyy.
    Hahahaha, well you did say Gran Turismo so you're on topic.
    Last edited by avecha; 07-28-2012 at 08:20.

Supreme Veteran
    GT6 the complete edition!

Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

25. Likes DeviousOne wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    GT series really needs to balance out the car selection in regards to countries of orgin. They dont have enough American Cars and i would like to see a 1/4 or straight line race track like a mile straight for drag racing. Back on GT4 my friends and i would line up on test track and run that frist str8 it was fun tuning gear ratios just to edge out a win.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Great news if true. I just want the rest of the cars to be made premium, revamp the imported GT4 ported tracks, add a couple more tracks....and start fresh on the menu UI. Otherwise, the game is solid.
    Agreed. Get rid of all the PS2 imported standard cars and tracks and replace them with PS3 quality cars and tracks.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Also, i wouldnt mind if they fixed the sounds for the American "Muscle Cars" and got the sound liscensing from muffler vendors such as Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Dynamax, and Cherry Bomb to make our cars not sound like the WRX's. i have a bunch of classic cars and have been around them my whole life, and i know for a fact, none of them sound the way they do in the game. big blocks do not sound the same as small blocks and you can hear the difference from a mile away.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I was playing the other night using my HEMI charger and it didnt even sound like an american v8 the supercharger did sound lovely tho.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information