Supreme Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Crytek producer on Wii U controller: Im not sure if Id give that to my child...'

With Microsoft and Nintendo pushing dual-screen technology, Cryteks producer Mike Read says that its all a novelty at this point and that hes wary of letting his child play with Wii Us expensive-looking touchscreen GamePad controller.

http://beefjack.com/news/crytek-prod...-to-play-with/

Microsoft and Nintendo are aiming to provide fancy dual-screen experiences with SmartGlass and Wii U, respectively. The concepts behind them seem interesting, but Cryteks producer Mike Read doesnt really think its the future of next-gen, and is particularly worried about the Wii Us expensive-looking tablet GamePad controller getting into the hands of a young one.

One thing I really love about the Wii, and Im not sure Nintendo even realised this when it launched, is that the Wiis demographic was between the age of six to 60, Read told CVG in an interview regarding his take on second screen technology. I would gladly give a Wii controller to my three-year-old to play that game, but when I saw the Wii U controller I thought, Im not sure if Id give that to my child to play with, thats an expensive piece of hardware.

But past that, in terms of the dual screen stuff, I personally believe its a bit of a novelty at this point, continued Read, and if I would to have to point at anything that really moves into next gen, I think its cloud gaming.

I would have to agree. As we move deeper into the digital age, cloud gaming will surely be a part of the future of videogames, but the whole dual-screen thing just seems like a gimmicky novelty; its cool that youll be able to play and interact with games in different ways, but the cool factor could wear off after awhile like the Wiis and Kinects motion controls.

Well just have to wait and find out, though.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    If i had kids hell NO they wouldnt be playing with the Wii U game pad LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    I'm curious if this guy gave his kids a DS/3DS. I'm with him in that I don't let my little nephews and nieces play with my 3DS. But I think we might be in the minority. I know lots of people that let their kids play with the phones and give them DS's. But he's also hypocritical. He says ages six-60, and then mentions his three year old.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Ive let my cousin play my 3ds shes 5... Any younger than that i wouldnt

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Poster
    How stupid is he?, he can just use the other controller.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Yet I see people letting their kids play with the SUPER MOTHER $#@!ING CHEAP iPAD all the time. Hypocrisy much Crytek?
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

7. Likes The Cage likes this post
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Yet I see people letting their kids play with the SUPER MOTHER $#@!ING CHEAP iPAD all the time. Hypocrisy much Crytek?
    No hypocrisy there, he's talking about himself.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Thread Information