Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 11
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I kind of expected Borris to accidently set the flag on fire while he waved it about.

Bring on Rio 2016. it should be good they know how to party.

Surprised Garry Barlow made it onstage to be hnest after all the horridness he has been through the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Wow, I would like to apologise on behalf of every decent British person for destroying a Freddie mercury/queen song by having some $#@!ty singer do a cover of it, i actually flipped out.
    He can't sing it himself. Jessis J is pretty good I thought.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-13-2012 at 02:54.

Veteran
    Wow, I would like to apologise on behalf of every decent British person for destroying a Freddie mercury/queen song by having some $#@!ty singer do a cover of it, i actually flipped out.
    *Sheds a tear*

On a side note... The Spice Girls?

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    No you are. Trust me.

I think it's just as unfair because I didn't put in a qualifier? No. It isn't. Why would I hide it anyway? If I see something I'll say it (see other thread). I don't need to dink and dunk insults (without resorting to name calling).

Like I said:

Maybe you should really calm down about this? I dunno.

Either way, I don't think why you should care if you are not like that(as per the comments in the article page).

My point still stands -you are reading too much into it.

I have to agree with Sub-Stance1 on this one. You said "America being America".... and said it was "typical".... what kind of reaction do you expect to get? You made it clear that you felt that type of behavior is common of America in general, just not a few ass hats on twitter.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 08-13-2012 at 02:52.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Supreme Veteran
    Twitter is funny when stupid people post stupid things and get into trouble for it.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-13-2012 at 03:09.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Twitter is funny when stupid people post stupid things and get into trouble for it.
    Exactly, it's comedy! Stupid people given the power to be stupid in front of millions of people!!! It's great!

Edit: Just saw that chick sing "We Will Rock You".... Freddie is probably turning in his grave.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 08-13-2012 at 03:28.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    The world has gotten alot better when it comes to basketball but we have the best players in the world best league in the world it was great watching Kobes last international game today. We got alot of young talent and looking forward to another 4 years of NBA basketball then we'll see the rest of the world in brazil in 2016

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    *Sheds a tear*

I have to agree with Sub-Stance1 on this one. You said "America being America".... and said it was "typical".... what kind of reaction do you expect to get? You made it clear that you felt that type of behavior is common of America in general, just not a few ass hats on twitter.
    Lol of course you do... Believe what you want to believe mate. Kind of annoying, but oh well -can't get them all.

SMH

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    The world has gotten alot better when it comes to basketball but we have the best players in the world best league in the world it was great watching Kobes last international game today. We got alot of young talent and looking forward to another 4 years of NBA basketball then we'll see the rest of the world in brazil in 2016
    I kind of like how they have this under-23's thing only. ANd it's not like the US suddenly doesn't have young ball talent. Though that does mean to make a bit more equal.

I mean, it's not like Basketball can't thrive outside of the Olympics. There's always the FIBA championships right?

Oh wait, I watch basketball? Isn't that an American sport?!?!?!?! *gasp*

ZOMG the humanity!!!! Burn the NBA!!!

Last edited by Admartian; 08-13-2012 at 04:22.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    I think she did a good job. Yeah it was different but she couldn't sing it the same.

Classic, and is anyone really surprised?
    Not to mention the Nike branded t shirts with "greatness has been found" that they revealed afterwards. that's going to cost somebody a lot of money. I also think it lacks class. Phelps once again smashed the medals table and couldn't have been nicer or more magnanimous about it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Supreme Veteran
    Well the anti doping works.

Belarussian shot putter has been stripped of HER gold medal.

Belarusian women's shot put gold medallist Nadzeya Ostapchuk has been stripped of her title after failing a doping test, the International Olympic Committee has announced.

Ostapchuk, 31, threw 21.36m with her third attempt to win in the Olympic Stadium last week.

But Ostapchuk has now been disqualified after officials said metenolone was found in a urine sample she provided.

New Zealand's Valerie Adams, who was second, has now been awarded gold.

An IOC statement said:"The athlete was first requested to provide a urine sample for a doping control on 5 August.

"She competed the next day in the women's shot put event, where she placed first, and was asked to provide a sample straight after her competition.

"Both samples indicated the presence of metenolone, which is classified as anabolic agent under the 2012 prohibited list."

Ostapchuk won gold at the 2010 European Championships, but was second to Adams at the 2011 World Championships.

London 2012 saw the biggest anti-doping operation in the history of the Olympic Games.

Before the start of the Olympics, those competing were warned that 150 scientists were set to take 6,000 samples between now and the end of the Paralympic Games.

Every competitor who won a medal at the Olympics was tested.

British discus thrower Brett Morse apologised to his Twitter followers after accusing Ostapchuk of doping last week.

Morse made the claim after he failed to qualify for the Olympics discus final and also tweeted: "I've had a bad day but it could be worse, I could look like Ostaptchuk [sic]."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19242736
    Last edited by keefy; 08-13-2012 at 13:11.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Basketball has advanced in since the 92 games there are a lot of great players in different leagues thru out the world. Also basketball has been an olympic sport since 1935 USA hasn't dominated until they started using NBA players in 1992.

Hell spain has a hell of a team I don't agree with the 23 and younger for team usa its more about making owners happy in the nba than fair competition.

If an nba player wants to play for his country and makes the team then let them play.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Lol of course you do... Believe what you want to believe mate. Kind of annoying, but oh well -can't get them all.

SMH
    Believe what I want to believe? It has nothing to do with me or what I "want" to believe, it has everything to do with the way the post was put together and how it came across to more people than just me. It wasn't the post you made in this thread, it was the post in the other thread that you started that came across that way.

Anyway, no point in getting annoyed about it if it's truly a misunderstanding, just understand that people don't always perceive things the way you intend them to, it's part of life.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Basketball has advanced in since the 92 games there are a lot of great players in different leagues thru out the world. Also basketball has been an olympic sport since 1935 USA hasn't dominated until they started using NBA players in 1992.

Hell spain has a hell of a team I don't agree with the 23 and younger for team usa its more about making owners happy in the nba than fair competition.

If an nba player wants to play for his country and makes the team then let them play.

no because its just unfair on the countries that send amateur athletes. You know like in every other sport pretty much. Only soccer and basketball (with the very rare occurrence of athletes in sports like track and field and swimming) have pros competing.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Supreme Veteran
    Just heard that Golf is to be an olympic sport again in 2016. Whats next darts and snooker? Don't get me started on the donkey events arh.

The Olympics is already unfair, the countries with most money win. GBR has spent hundreds of millions on sport in the last 2 decades alot of it thanks to the lottery with the majority of it going to the cycling where GBR dominated getting 7/10 gold medals 1 silver and 1 bronze.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-13-2012 at 19:44.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    yeah darts and snooker should be in the Olympics. insta gold

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Well the anti doping works.

Belarussian shot putter has been stripped of HER gold medal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19242736
    I called this.

After 3-4 ears of throwing between 19-just over 20m; she suddenly throws consistently over 21m at the Olympics. Which is huge in shotput.

Great result for Val though.

They've only followed FIFA's path.

There's good and bad points seeing as both sports have their pinnacle events outside of the Olympics anyway. if they want, they could always add a marquee player over that age ( or maybe up to 3 players or something).

Believe what I want to believe? It has nothing to do with me or what I "want" to believe, it has everything to do with the way the post was put together and how it came across to more people than just me. It wasn't the post you made in this thread, it was the post in the other thread that you started that came across that way.

Anyway, no point in getting annoyed about it if it's truly a misunderstanding, just understand that people don't always perceive things the way you intend them to, it's part of life.
    I'm pretty sure I have every right to be annoyed, when someone keeps insisting one way, and you've stated another.

It's not a legal document that I have to meticulously mark each post, so I still think you and whatever people have sided with you are just reading into it and playing 'victim'.

It has everything to do with what you believe. Otherwise if you've just taken what it for what it was, then we wouldn't be having this issue.

Not a big deal, like I said, just a little nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    yeah darts and snooker should be in the Olympics. insta gold
    Just no.

Veteran
    I'm pretty sure I have every right to be annoyed, when someone keeps insisting one way, and you've stated another.

It's not a legal document that I have to meticulously mark each post, so I still think you and whatever people have sided with you are just reading into it and playing 'victim'.

It has everything to do with what you believe. Otherwise if you've just taken what it for what it was, then we wouldn't be having this issue.

Not a big deal, like I said, just a little nuisance.

Just no.
    I never said you didn't have the right to be annoyed, I just don't see the point.

I never said you had to "meticulously mark each post", and no one is playing victim, we just interpreted your post in a way based on how you put it together that apparently you didn't intend. It happens, that's life, I am just trying to illustrate why it came across the way it did.

And, again, nothing to do with what I believe, just the way your post came across. If I posted an article about racist tweets from Australians, and then followed that up with "Australia being Australia", how would you interpret that? That I think, overall, Australians are racist? That's how I would interpret that.

Like I said, if it's JUST a simple misunderstanding and it wasn't intended, no big deal, no point in getting annoyed. But, don't just assume every time someone misunderstands you that it's only THEIR fault.... effective communication takes more than one person.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I never said you didn't have the right to be annoyed, I just don't see the point.

I never said you had to "meticulously mark each post", and no one is playing victim, we just interpreted your post in a way based on how you put it together that apparently you didn't intend. It happens, that's life, I am just trying to illustrate why it came across the way it did.

And, again, nothing to do with what I believe, just the way your post came across. If I posted an article about racist tweets from Australians, and then followed that up with "Australia being Australia", how would you interpret that? That I think, overall, Australians are racist? That's how I would interpret that.

Like I said, if it's JUST a simple misunderstanding and it wasn't intended, no big deal, no point in getting annoyed. But, don't just assume every time someone misunderstands you that it's only THEIR fault.... effective communication takes more than one person.
    What I was trying to portray by marking each post "meticulously", I was implying some fault on my part. But that doesn't mean I should be chastised by it.

Again, I wasn't implying that you were insinuating anything.

Please try not to seem so defensive - I truly don't intend any insult with my posts.

(Go ahead, call Aussies racist... You'll be surprised by the answers - sadly)

And to my defence, I did follow that comment with:

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5886940

Obviously I'm being facetious ...

Supreme Veteran
    I called this.

After 3-4 ears of throwing between 19-just over 20m; she suddenly throws consistently over 21m at the Olympics. Which is huge in shotput.

A few days ago before she was proved to be doping a British discus thrower accused her sudden strength on twitter but quickly retracted it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    A few days ago before she was proved to be doping a British discus thrower accused her sudden strength on twitter but quickly retracted it.
    I bet she's saying I told you so.

Veteran
    What I was trying to portray by marking each post "meticulously", I was implying some fault on my part. But that doesn't mean I should be chastised by it.

Again, I wasn't implying that you were insinuating anything.

Please try not to seem so defensive - I truly don't intend any insult with my posts.

(Go ahead, call Aussies racist... You'll be surprised by the answers - sadly)

And to my defence, I did follow that comment with:

It's cool man, no harm done. I think we have drawn this to a conclusion, much like the Olympics, we can touch the topic again in 4 years!

PSN ID
    laidbacklunger
    i live 20 minutes away from the olympics couldnt go and see them because they kept the tickets hush, all the best tickets went to sponsers

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    It's cool man, no harm done. I think we have drawn this to a conclusion, much like the Olympics, we can touch the topic again in 4 years!
    Lol no worries mate.

By then, we can discuss reactions on [whatever takes over Twitter in 2016].

Quote Originally Posted by beastedbydave View Post
    i live 20 minutes away from the olympics couldnt go and see them because they kept the tickets hush, all the best tickets went to sponsers
    Conspiracy!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

apparently, the original members are not decent British people. you sir, do not speak for decent british people. My Mum and Dad enjoyed this version.

i, personally, think Jessie J's performance was exceptional! if you can't have freddie mercury then Jessie J is quite a personality to substitute.

the closing ceremony end was weaksauce imo. i so wanted "Lights" by Ellie Goulding to round out the show!
    regardless, an epic Opening and closing ceremony. and i loved the competition throughout! Athletics FTW!!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I still think they need to pace the events better. Towards the end, there were not many marquee events to watch.

Certainly not going to stay up to watch the Marathon .

Supreme Veteran
    There was quite a few boxing and Tae kwon do matches on n the last day and anyway as the games come to an end there will always be less to watch.

Philip hindes crashes people accuse him of cheating, its within the rules if a crash occurs then a restart can be made it hapeend a few days later in a different track event bt no one gave a $#@! about that.

Last edited by keefy; 08-14-2012 at 21:11.

Thread Information