Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 179
  1. #51
    Power Member
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    146
    Points
    111,037 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Different guns have different power.
    This doesn't answer my question. A shotgun shooting pellets or slugs can blow a human being apart just fine, and it works just as well against deer, ducks and the like. So what's your problem with AK's and AR15's?



    I have a big problem with this statement. Self Defense DOES NOT always mean killing a person.

    If a guy attacks you with his fists, all you have to do is shoot him in the knees, conflict ended. It's the same way if he had a gun. Disable him, but killing is not always necessary.

    Now I can understand if killing is an absolute must, but a lot of times it's not. The Jayvon Martin case comes to mind. He didn't have to kill that boy even if it was in self defense. Shooting him is one thing, but that man shot to kill.

    Like I said, I'm not hoping for gun bans, for gun regulations.
    Trayvon Martin? From all I've read in that situation if I were in Zimmerman's shoes and that kid was whaling on me I'd have absolutely blown to him to pieces. Self defense means defending yourself against a threat- you can't always know if they intend to be lethal or not. Frankly that's irrelevant.

    If a guy tried to beat me up with his fist, yea I'd draw my gun on him. I'd warn him. If he came at me even after that warning yea I'd shoot him.


    @Matrix

    Oi, you did not just diss on the 1911 TACOPS. It's a beautiful 1911, if not one of the BEST out there you can buy. Right up there with the Springfield Operator and miles ahead of the Loaded model.

    you wound me man! =(
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 07-29-2012 at 16:50.


  2. #52
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I live 20 mins from where that whole Travon Martin thing happen...Im just tired of hearing about it but Sanford is a racist place anyone that lives in central fl KNOWS this. Ive been there plently of times to know it is however no one has ever given me problems when ive been out there

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  3. #53
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,042
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,725 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    So true, man.

    Americans and their gun obsession...
    Germans and their political correctness obsession...

  4. #54
    Master Guru
    Wrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,466
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    35,030 (0 Banked)
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Germans and their political correctness obsession...



  5. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
  6. #55
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,523
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    20,701 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I have a big problem with this statement. Self Defense DOES NOT always mean killing a person.

    If a guy attacks you with his fists, all you have to do is shoot him in the knees, conflict ended. It's the same way if he had a gun. Disable him, but killing is not always necessary.
    Naivety at it's finest.


    In the real world the only way to "disable" someone is to kill them. If someone can still move then they can, AND WILL shoot back.

    I realize you're just a kid, and haven't really experienced the realities of shooting people. Rather than writing a long explaination as to why you're wrong in your beliefs, I will simply tell you to Google the story of Daniel Inouye, who destroyed a German machine gun nest after having his arm blown off.

    There is no such thing as 'disabled". If they can move, they can attack.

  7. #56
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,139
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    1,149 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I'd rather have an idiot beside me with a gun who may end up saving my life than...not having one.
    I admire your optimism. However my argument centers on the fact that idiot(s) are far more likely to kill you than save you...

    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Right, because Police Officers receive training that is so superior, right?

    :rollseyes:

    You would be shocked if you know how lax the standards are for most police departments weapons qualifications. Also most police officers aren't interested in guns so they have little reason to practice with their weapon outside of qualification.

    And I'd rather take my chances with a fully armed theater than with a completely unarmed theater.


    I'm not sure what you want me to do with this...
    you seem to be countering with "well nobody is properly trained to use a firearm"... I don't think this helps your case...???

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    It's one of our rights here so of course we take it seriously. All people should take their rights seriously.
    Of course they should. That doesn't mean that you do away with any and all common sense laws/rules/regulations...

    its funny... most of you feel the exact same way about "the masses" as I do... until the topic turns to guns. Then all of a sudden everyone is competent and responsible and should be given the benefit of the doubt... its quite entertaining
    Last edited by DayWalker; 07-29-2012 at 20:55.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  8. #57
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,042
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,725 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    I admire your optimism. However my argument centers on the fact that idiot(s) are far more likely to kill you than save you...



    I'm not sure what you want me to do with this...
    you seem to be countering with "well nobody is properly trained to use a firearm"... I don't think this helps your case...???



    Of course they should. That doesn't mean that you do away with any and all common sense laws/rules/regulations...

    its funny... most of you feel the exact same way about "the masses" as I do... until the topic turns to guns. Then all of a sudden everyone is competent and responsible and should be given the benefit of the doubt... its quite entertaining
    I'm saying that while there will be some idiots out there, most gun owners have a genuine interest in firearms that motivates them to practice to hone their skills, unlike most police officers who rarely do more than the req. minimum which is usually insufficient.

    You do understand how a right works? You cannot take it away with legislation. Should gun owners practice/have training before they use/carry their guns, yes. Should they be forced to, to exercise their right, no.

  9. #58
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,139
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    1,149 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    I'm saying that while there will be some idiots out there, most gun owners have a genuine interest in firearms that motivates them to practice to hone their skills, unlike most police officers who rarely do more than the req. minimum which is usually insufficient.

    You do understand how a right works? You cannot take it away with legislation. Should gun owners practice/have training before they use/carry their guns, yes. Should they be forced to, to exercise their right, no.
    still don't get your point...

    ... am I mistaken or don't you already have to have some "basic" (although I'm not sure it qualifies as even that) training in order to have a carry/conceal license...

    and if so... then your post doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by DayWalker; 07-29-2012 at 22:06.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  10. #59
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  11. #60
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,704
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,948 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    I admire your optimism. However my argument centers on the fact that idiot(s) are far more likely to kill you than save you...
    You mean in a different scenario where there isn't a psycho shooting at me already?

    In a situation such as the one just occurred, I'd rather someone had a gun other than the shooter himself.

    In a different situation like the shooting of trayvon? I can agree there.

  12. #61
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,139
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    1,149 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    You mean in a different scenario where there isn't a psycho shooting at me already?

    In a situation such as the one just occurred, I'd rather someone had a gun other than the shooter himself.

    In a different situation like the shooting of trayvon? I can agree there.
    yes and no.

    imagine that god forbid you are in a situation where a psycho comes into a dark theater throws gas grenades and starts shooting... and you're surrounded by people with guns... I don't think its much of a reach to assume that in the chaos people start shooting at each other...

    ... I don't like the idea of being shot by the psycho... or my some idiot who thinks he's John Wayne and mistakenly thinks I am the psycho... or just some idiot with a gun who's shoe I stepped on...

    ...in fact I am pretty anti-being shot period

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  13. #62
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Not only do they want protection, but they probably figure it's a good idea to stock up on weapons before the government increases gun control.
    Yep, you got that right.

  14. #63
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    If a properly trained individual with a license to carry was in the theater maybe he could have saved some lives. Assuming everyone is an idiot is a bigger idiocy.
    I totally agree.

  15. #64
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,042
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,725 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    still don't get your point...

    ... am I mistaken or don't you already have to have some "basic" (although I'm not sure it qualifies as even that) training in order to have a carry/conceal license...

    and if so... then your post doesn't make any sense.
    Privileges can be legislated away. A right cannot. The right to be arms to protect yourself is a natural/god given right that is reaffirmed in the constitution.

    And yes you do need to pass a practical test to carry a gun, but it can only go so far and should be supplemented with additional training.

  16. #65
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,139
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    1,149 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Privileges can be legislated away. A right cannot. The right to be arms to protect yourself is a natural/god given right that is reaffirmed in the constitution.

    And yes you do need to pass a practical test to carry a gun, but it can only go so far and should be supplemented with additional training.
    yeah I get that part... I don't see where you were going with police training...

    how does one obtain a pass to carry/conceal? don't you need training? So we have already conceded that one must be trained in order to carry/conceal...

    My only point, and actually you have already admitted the same thing... is that the basic training could/should be better. And because its not... you're arming people who common sense says probably shouldn't be allowed to operate a blender.

    Hence my amusement at the assertion that its "safer" to be in a movie theater surrounded by armed baffoons...

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  17. #66
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,042
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,725 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    yeah I get that part... I don't see where you were going with police training...

    how does one obtain a pass to carry/conceal? don't you need training? So we have already conceded that one must be trained in order to carry/conceal...

    My only point, and actually you have already admitted the same thing... is that the basic training could/should be better. And because its not... you're arming people who common sense says probably shouldn't be allowed to operate a blender.

    Hence my amusement at the assertion that its "safer" to be in a movie theater surrounded by armed baffoons...
    Like I said, I don't think you understand how a right works. You can't pick and choose who gets to exercise their rights.

    And the armed buffoons will clearly know that if they try anything stupid, they are likely to be quickly shot, possibly fatally. That is a significant deterrent.

  18. #67
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,139
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    1,149 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Like I said, I don't think you understand how a right works. You can't pick and choose who gets to exercise their rights.
    we can and do- hence the requirement to have a pass...

    a glaring fact that you seem unwilling to address.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  19. #68
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,526
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    2,956 (0 Banked)
    I guess it was only a matter of time before someone injected a bit of politics into this thread. In that case, I'd like to direct everyone to this...

    Amendment II:
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    More importantly...

    shall not be infringed

  20. Likes Kwes likes this post
  21. #69
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,042
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,725 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    we can and do- hence the requirement to have a pass...

    a glaring fact that you seem unwilling to address.
    Show me the permit you need to keep/own a gun in your house.

    And going with what Morgantor posted, pretty much all gun legislation is essentially unconstitutional.

  22. #70
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,139
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    1,149 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Show me the permit you need to keep/own a gun in your house.

    And going with what Morgantor posted, pretty much all gun legislation is essentially unconstitutional.
    yeah we aren't talking about that... we are talking about conceal and carry in a movie theater.

    I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

    And even the NRA believes in SOME regulations

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  23. #71
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,852
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    71,216 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Some posts in this thread... smh

    No wonder the world is in such a $#@! state.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  24. #72
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Some posts in this thread... smh

    No wonder the world is in such a $#@! state.
    Yes because of post in THIS thread the world is in such a $#@!ty state! This thread shows everything wrong in the world!?

    Thats seriously an whole another topic that guns is such a small part of but i will say the same people who say the whole world is $#@! are the same people not doing $#@! about it.

    Gun laws there is NO easy solution no easy answer $#@! if politicians and world leaders cant agree and create something that works for EVERYONE that sure as hell isnt going to be done here.

    Im sure rational people can Agree to Disagree cause this is going in circles and becoming just pointless bickering cause no one that has a stance is going to change their mind.

    Back on topic yes people are buying more guns because they dont feel safe, We all know why, seems we cant agree who should have guns or the means of how people obtain firearms or what the law should be, why guns are ruining everything ect ect...

    Please continue back to the pointless arguing

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  25. #73
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    If you're going to pull a gun you better be prepared to pull it out and use it. If you're going to use it you better be prepared to kill. It you can't do that then don't buy a gun.

    I don't want to have to worry about someone trying to hunt me down two years later when they get released from prison.
    And another thing, if you're protecting yourself, and you shoot and DON'T kill, you may end up paying a hospital bill while you're at it.
    Last edited by Shibby; 07-30-2012 at 09:13.


  26. #74
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,042
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,725 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    yeah we aren't talking about that... we are talking about conceal and carry in a movie theater.

    I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

    And even the NRA believes in SOME regulations
    You are aware that certain states have "constitutional" carry which allows you to carry a gun (concealed or openly) without any permit or additional paperwork. And In other states you can open carry in this fashion, and only need a permit of concealed carry. Mor and more states will adopt constitutional carry of system in time.

    And those "regulations" the NRA believes in are simple things like background checks through the NICS.

    And not much more than that really.

  27. #75
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,263
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    495,049 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Think of it this way.

    If you were in the theater when it happened, would you rather sit there without hope and get shot to pieces? Or would you rather know that the guy next to you is carrying a gun, and that he can act to put the guy down?

    Its hard for anyone in here to comment how much they would hate to have a theater full of guns, but that just means that there are people who have the ability to do something instead of puss out like those not willing to cope with the fact that guns save lives just as much as they take them.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.