Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Naivety at it's finest.

In the real world the only way to "disable" someone is to kill them. If someone can still move then they can, AND WILL shoot back.

I realize you're just a kid, and haven't really experienced the realities of shooting people. Rather than writing a long explaination as to why you're wrong in your beliefs, I will simply tell you to Google the story of Daniel Inouye, who destroyed a German machine gun nest after having his arm blown off.

There is no such thing as 'disabled". If they can move, they can attack.
    At least you're nice about it.

I'll google it and read up on it.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Show me the permit you need to keep/own a gun in your house.

And going with what Morgantor posted, pretty much all gun legislation is essentially unconstitutional.
    Actually, it pretty much is the case as you put accurately. This assertion is backed by this...

Amendment IX:
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
    Amendment X:
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited to it by the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    Amendment XIV: Section I:
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    I guess it was only a matter of time before someone injected a bit of politics into this thread. In that case, I'd like to direct everyone to this...

More importantly...

shall not be infringed
    You know what pisses me off more than anything? The fact that the State Militia are now entirely federalized and controlled by USAF\USAA\USAN.

And that, as a national guardsmen (read: state militia) you can be deployed. And are routinely so.

Any other kind of unofficial (non federal government supervised) "state militia" composed of private citizens is scrutinized, regulated and repressed.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Yes because of post in THIS thread the world is in such a $#@!ty state! This thread shows everything wrong in the world!?

Thats seriously an whole another topic that guns is such a small part of but i will say the same people who say the whole world is $#@! are the same people not doing $#@! about it.

Gun laws there is NO easy solution no easy answer $#@! if politicians and world leaders cant agree and create something that works for EVERYONE that sure as hell isnt going to be done here.

Im sure rational people can Agree to Disagree cause this is going in circles and becoming just pointless bickering cause no one that has a stance is going to change their mind.

Back on topic yes people are buying more guns because they dont feel safe, We all know why, seems we cant agree who should have guns or the means of how people obtain firearms or what the law should be, why guns are ruining everything ect ect...

Please continue back to the pointless arguing
    All I know is that I feel much safer in a country where guns are banned, period. The only people who should have them are police.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    yes and no.

imagine that god forbid you are in a situation where a psycho comes into a dark theater throws gas grenades and starts shooting... and you're surrounded by people with guns... I don't think its much of a reach to assume that in the chaos people start shooting at each other...

... I don't like the idea of being shot by the psycho... or my some idiot who thinks he's John Wayne and mistakenly thinks I am the psycho... or just some idiot with a gun who's shoe I stepped on...

...in fact I am pretty anti-being shot period
    Not sure if anyone is advocating EVERYONE in the theater should have been armed, and even today in states like Texas where it's not uncommon for people to have concealed carry permits, it's very unlikely that more than a few people in a theater would have been carrying. Hell, I know quite a few people that have permits and they regularly DON'T carry weapons into places like that because it's not as comfortable. Most people that go through the trouble to get a concealed carry permit are not the a-holes you read about on the news, those people are usually crazy or thugs.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    You know what pisses me off more than anything? The fact that the State Militia are now entirely federalized and controlled by USAF\USAA\USAN.

And that, as a national guardsmen (read: state militia) you can be deployed. And are routinely so.

Any other kind of unofficial (non federal government supervised) "state militia" composed of private citizens is scrutinized, regulated and repressed.
    I think it's bull$#@! imo. It's a complete overreach of the federal government's power. Militias are supposed to be regulated by the states at the most.

7. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    All I know is that I feel much safer in a country where guns are banned, period. The only people who should have them are police.
    Keep on living in denial.

Unbound Mercenary

In a country where guns are banned. Only the police and criminals are armed.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Superior Member
    That's the problem. Criminals will always find a way to get guns. So unarmed citizens are easy prey.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

11. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    That's the problem. Criminals will always find a way to get guns. So unarmed citizens are easy prey.
    exactly!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Keep on living in denial.
    I see the only people defending guns in this thread are Americans, tbh I think you're all in denial about the fact that you're all obsessed with them.

Just my $0.02 but yeah, never seen anyone get shot in my life and probably never will thanks to guns being banned. Yes a small few will get them, but VERY FEW.

Unbound Mercenary
    I see the only people defending guns in this thread are Americans, tbh I think you're all in denial about the fact that you're all obsessed with them.

Just my $0.02 but yeah, never seen anyone get shot in my life and probably never will thanks to guns being banned. Yes a small few will get them, but VERY FEW.
    Whos in denial?

Its our obsession that makes America a country that will most likely never be invaded...ever. Because all of the sudden, every citizen with a gun, which probably numbers the tens of millions could become a soldier.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Whos in denial?

Its our obsession that makes America a country that will most likely never be invaded...ever. Because all of the sudden, every citizen with a gun, which probably numbers the tens of millions could become a soldier.
    What is this, North Korea? lmao

Unbound Mercenary
    What is this, North Korea? lmao
    Just saying.

What do you think the NRA is? Its just a big nationwide militia.

The Heisman
    You are aware that certain states have "constitutional" carry which allows you to carry a gun (concealed or openly) without any permit or additional paperwork. And In other states you can open carry in this fashion, and only need a permit of concealed carry. Mor and more states will adopt constitutional carry of system in time.

And those "regulations" the NRA believes in are simple things like background checks through the NICS.

And not much more than that really.
    I'll come back to this... but a quick search shows a handful of states have constitutional carry laws... 2 of them being wyoming and alaska...

Think of it this way.

If you were in the theater when it happened, would you rather sit there without hope and get shot to pieces? Or would you rather know that the guy next to you is carrying a gun, and that he can act to put the guy down?

Its hard for anyone in here to comment how much they would hate to have a theater full of guns, but that just means that there are people who have the ability to do something instead of puss out like those not willing to cope with the fact that guns save lives just as much as they take them.
    adorable.

you play some COD and all of a sudden you think you're rambo... the truth is you couldn't hit the broad side of your mama's backside...

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Unbound Mercenary
    adorable.

you play some COD and all of a sudden you think you're rambo... the truth is you couldn't hit the broad side of your mama's backside...
    I've been shooting guns since before COD was invented. And the truth is, I was taught how to use guns by someone that is very similar to Rambo, and that last part is not that strange if she is a few hundred yards away.

Forum Sage

Whos in denial?

It's not an obsession imo. It's part of our identity as a nation and it colors our culture. We're one of a very select few to gain our independence through violence and assertion of our unalienable rights, one of which is the right to keep and bear arms. We just hold our freedoms more sacred than any other nation on the planet.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    I hate getting involved in these argumentative threads that go nowhere but this post is out of line.. He made that statement light heartedly and you seem to be the only one offended here resorting to horrible personal insults. Notice how Kwesnoth even though he disagrees knew it was light-hearted and responded maturely.

edit: Sorry for the de-rail it just seemed like a perfectly good thread was getting out of hand..
    Last edited by 33x; 07-31-2012 at 09:27.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Just a friendly reminder, as this thread could go south, to keep it civil guys, i know this is a very sensitive topic......

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    All gun control and gun bans do is disarm law abiding citizens. Gun laws mean nothing to a criminal because a criminal operates outside of the law. And if an armed intruder breaks into your home its just you and him. No police. Then what?
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-31-2012 at 09:54.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    All gun control and gun bans do is disarm law abiding citizens. Gun laws mean nothing to a criminal because a criminal operates outside of the law. And if an armed intruder breaks into your home its just you and him. No police. Then what?
    A Taser? They are banned here in Canada and the UK but I guess Americans could use it for self-defense in emergencies at home.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    A Taser? They are banned here in Canada and the UK but I guess Americans could use it for self-defense in emergencies at home.
    The intruder has a gun and you have a taser? Sorry, I dont like those odds.

Master Sage
    I personally like our system in Canada.. we have one of the highest ownership rates in the world but we have far more stricter gun laws in place and every since we've implemented them, crimes involving guns have dropped dramatically and crime in general went down. Many of the weapons used in crimes are smuggled easily in from the US so many polticians take a huge interest in states strengthening their gun laws like us but we all know that will not happen.

Of course rates in some provinces are higher due to other factors but overall as a whole.. this has been the case for all provinces.
    Last edited by Firefox; 07-31-2012 at 10:36.

Forum Sage

Because in most other countries gun laws are so tight that people can't even access guns for recreational purposes so they never have actual 1st hand experience with them and get their gun "info" from the media/news which paints a horribly inaccurate picture about them.

Humans fear what they don't understand, right?

Well a lot of people don't know a damn thing about guns so they needlessly fear them. (which is quite a stupid thing for nearly any inanimate object)

I'll come back to this... but a quick search shows a handful of states have constitutional carry laws... 2 of them being wyoming and alaska...

adorable.

Constitutional Carry is currently allowed in 4 states: Alaska, Arizona, Vermont, Wyoming.

As for states where you can open carry without any paperwork, IIRC:

Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, Arizona, Alaska, New Mexico, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Missouri, Louisiana, Alabama, Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine.

So quite a decent amount of states.

Tasers are not appropriate for the vast majority of situations. You would have been better off saying less lethal rounds from normal firearms.

I personally like our system in Canada.. we have one of the highest ownership rates in the world but we have far more stricter gun laws in place and every since we've implemented them, crimes involving guns have dropped dramatically and crime in general went down. Many of the weapons used in crimes are smuggled easily in from the US so many polticians take a huge interest in states strengthening their gun laws like us but we all know that will not happen.

Of course rates in some provinces are higher due to other factors but overall as a whole.. this has been the case for all provinces.
    So It seems like Canada needs better border/customs control.

And your gun rights are pretty neutered as it is so I wouldn't exactly call them anything close to decent.

Plus Canada is rather special regarding its geographical size and population demographics which makes it rather difficult for it to match up closely with other developed nations.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    No, it's America and thank God we don't have more people like you here. It's not funny to trash someone's country. Go back to your third world hole and stay there.
    If guns are the answer to most problems, I'd rather not be a part of it.

Thanks and goodnight.

Thread Information