Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    More bull$#@!.
    I live in MAnchester.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    True. But i do not want to carry a gun. To much temptation lol
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSU Technical Advisor
    I mentioned this earlier, yea. UK overall has some slightly more damning crime stats than the US does, in spite of their Orwellian State society.

In particular muggings and break ins. They also have a kind of screwed up way of recording their information. Like their murder rate is measured by how many criminals are convicted of murder- not the amount of victims.

Not saying any nation is 'squeaky clean' with how they report (spin) this kind of information, but the UK has a pretty nasty reputation for doing it the most out of the western countries.

Banning guns had no positive effect on crime there.

tldr; I feel far safer in the US than I would in the UK.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 08-05-2012 at 04:18.

4. Likes F34R likes this post
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    True. But i do not want to carry a gun. To much temptation lol
    Do u have any inner demons that we need to know about, claud3?
    matter of fact what are these "temptation" that u have with guns?lol

6. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Lol, just the fact a few wouldd just have a few holes in them, as they annoy the $#@! out of me and accidents happen lmao
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Lol, just the fact a few wouldd just have a few holes in them, as they annoy the $#@! out of me and accidents happen lmao
    I doubt you'd have the ability to hit someone you are aiming at.

9. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    while I understand the skyrocket in gun sales. That theatre incident is so odd that I don't think even a person with a gun would have acted fast enough to be honest. this guy was prepaired and not only that but in a psychotic state. However, I am definitely in favor of people trying, but in a theatre, this situations complexity grew to 100x. Nothing even close to a store robbery going bad, this was just nuts. I do believe though if someone did have a gun they could have taken him out but I am pretty skeptical if they could have taken him out within the lotted time...assuming of course. the situation was basically a surprise attack..

It's kind of the same if your out somewhere in public and all of a sudden a fight between two people break out. sometimes it takes people 10+ seconds to figure out it's a real fight. the situation is the same in terms of "what is going on" but the outcome is different obviously. not trying to pit the two and say they are the same, they are not but the hesitation outcome is around there. lol

I have guns, two are for Home defense of course and the other few are hunting rifles...for hunting. A lot of people, even though they are going out and buying guns now (which I do agree with) I think in such a situation as the theatre massacre, damn near impossible to make such a judgement call on when to use it and if your focused enough within that time.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    while I understand the skyrocket in gun sales. That theatre incident is so odd that I don't think even a person with a gun would have acted fast enough to be honest. this guy was prepaired and not only that but in a psychotic state. However, I am definitely in favor of people trying, but in a theatre, this situations complexity grew to 100x. Nothing even close to a store robbery going bad, this was just nuts. I do believe though if someone did have a gun they could have taken him out but I am pretty skeptical if they could have taken him out within the lotted time...assuming of course. the situation was basically a surprise attack..

It's kind of the same if your out somewhere in public and all of a sudden a fight between two people break out. sometimes it takes people 10+ seconds to figure out it's a real fight. the situation is the same in terms of "what is going on" but the outcome is different obviously. not trying to pit the two and say they are the same, they are not but the hesitation outcome is around there. lol

I have guns, two are for Home defense of course and the other few are hunting rifles...for hunting. A lot of people, even though they are going out and buying guns now (which I do agree with) I think in such a situation as the theatre massacre, damn near impossible to make such a judgement call on when to use it and if your focused enough within that time.
    I think someone with a gun that started shooting at him could have died, no different than others dying without having a gun... however, I'll turn this personal towards me. If it were me, I'd return fire at him. Hopefully that would save my life, and others, but the least thing would be best for him to turn on me, and attack ME, only ME, until he was done there. Maybe others would have escaped. That's just me though I guess.

12. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Forum Sage

You know, those that open carry and/or conceal carry legally tend to be much more level-headed people. They tend to go to extraordinary measures to keep their cool and tend to let a lot more $#@! slide than criminals. This is just a fact that can be corroborated via our resident police officer, F34R and others who either carry openly or concealed legally. Guns don't kill people. Only people who are too petty to be civil do.

14. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I think someone with a gun that started shooting at him could have died, no different than others dying without having a gun... however, I'll turn this personal towards me. If it were me, I'd return fire at him. Hopefully that would save my life, and others, but the least thing would be best for him to turn on me, and attack ME, only ME, until he was done there. Maybe others would have escaped. That's just me though I guess.
    I completely agree. He would have either turned his attention to the second shooter, or been gunned down by him. Which would have saved a lot of lives.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    If a properly trained individual with a license to carry was in the theater maybe he could have saved some lives.
    The guy was armed to the teeth. Anyone carrying a measly peashooter would've been wasting their time.

If its moronic, let's here your take on it? Guns, they kill people without being used by a person?
    Someone's methods of killing a person are severely limited without a gun. I'm not saying we should take guns away, but guns were made for the purpose of death, and to deny that is foolish. If I'm to be honest, I don't buy the whole Second Amendment argument either. Amendments are changes to documents, and amendments can and have been changed in the past, but when it comes to guns, we suddenly can't alter the very changes we made to our Constitution? That's bull$#@!.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    The guy was armed to the teeth. Anyone carrying a measly peashooter would've been wasting their time.

Someone's methods of killing a person are severely limited without a gun. I'm not saying we should take guns away, but guns were made for the purpose of death, and to deny that is foolish. If I'm to be honest, I don't buy the whole Second Amendment argument either. Amendments are changes to documents, and amendments can and have been changed in the past, but when it comes to guns, we suddenly can't alter the very changes we made to our Constitution? That's bull$#@!.
    Severely limited is the wrong scope of a non-gun. I never said people couldn't kill someone with a gun. I've never denied that guns were made for the purpose of death. What do you suggest is needed for changing in the 2nd?

Elite Member
    I'm not saying anything NEEDS changing. I just think that guns DO kill people, and that outlawing guns is perfectly constitutional. That being said, I don't advocate heavy gun control like that. I'm speaking solely about the validity of the arguments, regardless of sides. I also don't buy that outlawing guns will severely curb crime.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I'm not saying anything NEEDS changing. I just think that guns DO kill people, and that outlawing guns is perfectly constitutional. That being said, I don't advocate heavy gun control like that. I'm speaking solely about the validity of the arguments, regardless of sides. I also don't buy that outlawing guns will severely curb crime.
    Cars kill people, cheese kills people, and outlawing guns isn't constitutional.

20. Likes Kwes , Vulgotha likes this post
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    It doesn't matter how many guns he's carrying, I could have a .22 but if I hit him in the head I'll disable him. In fact, if he wants to go all rambo, that'll make him less accurate and give me a better chance.

Unbound Mercenary
    Cars kill people, cheese kills people, and outlawing guns isn't constitutional.
    Cars probably kill more people then guns do.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Actually that is correct.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Master Guru
    you can try to shoot him but you can't sit there an act like superman in this case. Even though you are a cop, I will bet you anything it wouldn't have sunk in after a good sum of people died, you probably would have thought it was part of the batman opening. people like to dress up and do stuff revolving around the movie that is opening up. I think you would have been confused for the same amount of time some of the people were, then finally figuring out it was real, imo
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 08-07-2012 at 17:44.

PSU Technical Advisor
    By a huge margin. Doctors are responsible for more deaths per year than guns are lol.

Unbound Mercenary
    Actually that is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    By a huge margin. Doctors are responsible for more deaths per year than guns are lol.
    Well $#@!! If we have to ban guns, lets ban cars while we are at it.

It would just as stupid.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    you can try to shoot him but you can't sit there an act like superman in this case. Even though you are a cop, I will bet you anything it wouldn't have sunk in after a good sum of people died, you probably would have thought it was part of the batman opening. people like to dress up and do stuff revolving around the movie that is opening up. I think you would have been confused for the same amount of time some of the people were, then finally figuring out it was real, imo
    You're wrong.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Hindsight is 20/20, and different people react in different ways. Cops, however, are trained to react.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20, and different people react in different ways. Cops, however, are trained to react.
    O rly?

Master Guru
    lets get this out of the way right now, I have a lot of respect for cops but in this type of situation you are putting yourself as a hero which is bull$#@! to begin with man. if it were you, even if you been trained it doesn't matter this situation was so far out there I don't think you would react in such and such time. We are not in the movies here, this is real life, which means if it was a little skit you would have just shot an innocent human being. it's a situation you just wouldn't know until it's a bit to late.

now with that out of the way, would you have shot him by the time he killed the same number of people? yes I believe you would have acted a lot sooner but I still don't think it's even close to being fair that "if you were there etc etc etc". for pete sakes.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Well $#@!! If we have to ban guns, lets ban cars while we are at it. It would just as stupid.
    And ban doctors too. lol

Thread Information