Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    yup, this is how it's done over there...

lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    "So i went and got my gun and shot him"

You would've thought a simple shove would suffice, wouldn't you? Maybe we just do things differently here in the UK
    Lol like stabbing somebody.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Stabbing people is hard

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    At least when someones is coming at you with a knife you have a chance to disarm them, someone has a gun and aims at you its game over.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Stabbing people is hard
    No its not.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Never stabbed anyone i wouldnt know but i dont carry a knife anymore LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    "So i went and got my gun and shot him"

You would've thought a simple shove would suffice, wouldn't you? Maybe we just do things differently here in the UK
    Yeah, it's always a good thing when you're feeling threatened, to shove someone.... smh
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    At least when someones is coming at you with a knife you have a chance to disarm them, someone has a gun and aims at you its game over.
    That's a ridiculous theory lol.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I'd take my chances with someone trying to shoot me i remember when i first got my gun i had horrible aim now a days im a little above average and thats going to the shooting range 2 to 3 times a month.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    As long as everyone can still own guns... must've been the salesman's fault...somehow, right? Yeah, that's it.

In all seriousness though; gun or not, he really didn't have to just shoot him. Warning shot(s) would suffice.

$#@!in' hell, some people would argue against life for the "right"/privilege to own something. To me, it's not worth the argument just so I can say I can own them guns *hic*...
    Last edited by Admartian; 07-31-2012 at 04:05.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    In all seriousness though; gun or not, he really didn't have to just shoot him. Warning shot(s) would suffice.

$#@!in' hell, some people would argue against life for the "right"/privilege to own something. To me, it's not worth the argument just so I can say I can own them guns *hic*...
    warning shot? LMAO!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    warning shot? LMAO!
    It's funny because it potentially saves from needlessly killing someone? For the sake of "rights"? I can understand if he was someone who actually was threatening.

But a door to door salesman? Sorry, but I politely say $#@! off. Laugh all you want mate, hope nothing stupid happens to you.

I'm not even saying they shouldn't be allowed to own guns - just show some you know, discretion... Like any-$#@!ing-else in life. At least that's how adults seem to think for the rest of the world.
    *shrug*
    Last edited by Admartian; 07-31-2012 at 04:16.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Hope John Wayne gets life for taking an innocent life. Scared of a lobster salesman? Get the $#@! real. How about asking questions first, shooting later. Guy didn't even appear to be armed. No way I am going to gun someone down who is unarmed. $#@!ing coward. I support our second amendment rights....but people like this...don't need to own jack $#@!. All for guns...just in sane people's hands. Would love it if a psych eval was mandatory to owning a firearm. Bet the nutjob gun owner population would go down.

I honestly can't believe the people in here defending this $#@!sucker. We get it. You love firearms. Doesn't mean what he did was justified in the slightest.
    Last edited by unicron7; 07-31-2012 at 08:34.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    And this is why retards with hot finger shouldn't be given guns.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    You act like stabbings don't go down in the US...
    I forget here in the UK we have nut jobs going into cinemas and schools unloading guns or shooting salesmen cause they are on their property.

Yeah, we have stabbings - more so in London - but to try and use that as a counter to what happens in your country?

Any chump can pull a trigger but at least it would take a little more balls to get up close and personal with someone and stab them. Personally, I couldn't do either but I know what I'd find easier.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yeah, it's always a good thing when you're feeling threatened, to shove someone.... smh
    Sorry, I read that as only being a coward. If your too scared to go up to someone and stand up for yourself but man enough to shoot someone who was probably unarmed your nothing to me but a coward.

As I said, maybe it's a culture thing. We don't have the ease of access to guns here so maybe my rational thinking differs from yours but if a I had a door to door salesman i didn't want, shooting at them wouldn't even be in my top ten things to do.

He could've just said no and shut the door.

BBK. Tapatalking.

15. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    HaHa

Have you ever seen a knife fight? 99% of the time they are messy for all participants.

Graphic Content

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    As long as everyone can still own guns... must've been the salesman's fault...somehow, right? Yeah, that's it.

Warning, shots?

And what happens when that warning shot goes through someones house and hits (and perhaps kills) someone inside?

So then you say shoot at the ground? Ever heard of ricochet?

You never fire warning shots. Showing (not brandishing) the gun is the "warning shot".

I forget here in the UK we have nut jobs going into cinemas and schools unloading guns or shooting salesmen cause they are on their property.

Yeah, we have stabbings - more so in London - but to try and use that as a counter to what happens in your country?

Any chump can pull a trigger but at least it would take a little more balls to get up close and personal with someone and stab them. Personally, I couldn't do either but I know what I'd find easier.

Sorry, I read that as only being a coward. If your too scared to go up to someone and stand up for yourself but man enough to shoot someone who was probably unarmed your nothing to me but a coward.

As I said, maybe it's a culture thing. We don't have the ease of access to guns here so maybe my rational thinking differs from yours but if a I had a door to door salesman i didn't want, shooting at them wouldn't even be in my top ten things to do.

He could've just said no and shut the door.

BBK. Tapatalking.

Yeah, and you greatly increase tha changes that you will be injured in the ensuing scuffle, or worse that your own knife may be used against you, with possibly lethal consequences for yourself.

It is much easier to inflict a serious wound with a knife than it is with a gun.

You can keep your bravado, I'd rather keep my body intact and end any threat as quickly as possible.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Hope John Wayne gets life for taking an innocent life. Scared of a lobster salesman? Get the $#@! real. How about asking questions first, shooting later. Guy didn't even appear to be armed. No way I am going to gun someone down who is unarmed. $#@!ing coward. I support our second amendment rights....but people like this...don't need to own jack $#@!. All for guns...just in sane people's hands. Would love it if a psych eval was mandatory to owning a firearm. Bet the nutjob gun owner population would go down.

I honestly can't believe the people in here defending this $#@!sucker. We get it. You love firearms. Doesn't mean what he did was justified in the slightest.
    Yes, yes it does actually. Just because you would do something different doesn't mean what someone else does isn't right.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    HaHa

Have you ever seen a knife fight? 99% of the time they are messy for all participants.

Graphic Content

Warning, shots?

And what happens when that warning shot goes through someones house and hits (and perhaps kills) someone inside?

So then you say shoot at the ground? Ever heard of ricochet?

You never fire warning shots. Showing (not brandishing) the gun is the "warning shot".

Yeah, and you greatly increase tha changes that you will be injured in the ensuing scuffle, or worse that your own knife may be used against you, with possibly lethal consequences for yourself.

It is much easier to inflict a serious wound with a knife than it is with a gun.

You can keep your bravado, I'd rather keep my body intact and end any threat as quickly as possible.
    if you're Outside you could Shoot in the Air,inside you could shoot at a Wall as the Plaster/Wood ,would absorb the Bullet, if it's a Brick wall then you could shoot it low enough angle for any Ricochet to be less Lethal (Assuming you had enough Time and was at a safe distance from harm)

im no Gun Expert but how many times does a Bullet Ricochet of a hard Surface Once/Twice ???

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    if you're Outside you could Shoot in the Air,inside you could shoot at a Wall as the Plaster/Wood ,would absorb the Bullet, if it's a Brick wall then you could shoot it low enough angle for any Ricochet to be less Lethal (Assuming you had enough Time and was at a safe distance from harm)

im no Gun Expert but how many times does a Bullet Ricochet of a hard Surface Once/Twice ???
    I hope you never have to defend yourself lol. Goodness. Shooting in the air? What happens to you when it comes down and hits someone? You understand that a bullet that goes up, does come down, right? Anyways.... I feel bad for those who don't understand the right to defend yourself with a lethal response. Hey, if you wanna shoot up your house, endanger anyone that lives with you, just so you don't hurt someone you don't know.

Forum Sage
    I too feel equally bad for those that think shooting is the only option.

21. Likes Admartian , AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Veteran
    No, they just drive from small town to small town killing people.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I too feel equally bad for those that think shooting is the only option.
    I feel equally bad for those that think shooting isn't an option.

24. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    I hope you never have to defend yourself lol. Goodness. Shooting in the air? What happens to you when it comes down and hits someone? You understand that a bullet that goes up, does come down, right? Anyways.... I feel bad for those who don't understand the right to defend yourself with a lethal response. Hey, if you wanna shoot up your house, endanger anyone that lives with you, just so you don't hurt someone you don't know.

lol Come on what are the realistic Chances of it coming back down at Relative Force to Kill or seriously injure someone ??
    Whats the Travelling distance of a Bullet anyways lol would it travel so high that Wind Speed would affect it ??

As for the House yea I see your point about Endangering people

As for the UK argument we get Gun & Knife crime practically Everyday.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    lol Come on what are the realistic Chances of it coming back down at Relative Force to Kill or seriously injure someone ??
    Whats the Travelling distance of a Bullet anyways lol would it travel so high that Wind Speed would affect it ??

As for the House yea I see your point about Endangering people

As for the UK argument we get Gun & Knife crime practically Everyday.
    The mortality rate of people getting hit with bullets that are coming down from being shot in the air is around 30%, compared to the average of 5% of gunshot wounds.

Elite Sage
    The mortality rate of people getting hit with bullets that are coming down from being shot in the air is around 30%, compared to the average of 5% of gunshot wounds.
    wow ,Honestly don't think iv'e ever heard of Anyone being killed from a Bullet fired in the Air.

Although I just remembered a story about someone being shot from a Bullet that was fired (think it was about 2 Mile away) although I don't remember what Calibre Bullet (Assume Sniper).

Forum Sage
    i've read about falling bullets. Silent killers!

If i shot a bullet into the air and it came down, stuck, and killed someone. Would you get charged with manslaughter or would it be full blown first degree murder?

edit: Yeah, there was a story maybe a year or two ago of a child in church just falling to the ground dead and it was due to a falling bullet hitting him in the head, quite sad really.

Thread Information