Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 113
  1. #76
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,574
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,488 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Trespass laws actually seem to help the home owner in the USA.

  2. #77
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,102
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    144,727 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Trespass laws actually seem to help the home owner in the USA.
    This salesman shouldn't even have went into this guys yard, period. This "lunatic" has "NO TRESPASSING" signs in his yard already.




  3. #78
    Forum Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,687
    Rep Power
    87
    Points
    37,618 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Trespass laws actually seem to help the home owner in the USA.
    Yeah, we are SOL unless we are upstairs or they are armed. Look how long that farmer took to get his innocence proven. Or the guy with the machete who killed an intruder.

    If someone is threatening to kill you or harm your family or steal from your house i believe you should have immunity - Killing a guy for knocking on your door though. That I can't agree with.

  4. #79
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,574
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,488 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I was just pointing out it is in the home owners favour which is good.
    We have trespass signs too but in a case like this it would most likely be classed as civil trespass.
    Also we have to make sure the trespasser is nice and safe so that means no shooting or for example the trespasser trips up and breaks a leg I would be liable.

    Thats how $#@!ed up it is.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-31-2012 at 14:08.

  5. #80
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,102
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    144,727 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Yeah, we are SOL unless we are upstairs or they are armed. Look how long that farmer took to get his innocence proven. Or the guy with the machete who killed an intruder.

    If someone is threatening to kill you or harm your family or steal from your house i believe you should have immunity - Killing a guy for knocking on your door though. That I can't agree with.
    If there isn't any other circumstance involved, and it's a door knock, I agree with you. However, that's not what happened here.




  6. #81
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just because you READ about all these shooting doesnt make it a common occurence. Its such a small % of crazy people in this world but they get 95% of media coverage!

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  7. Likes Admartian likes this post
  8. #82
    Veteran
    bash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,531
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    1,736 (4,812 Banked)
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I feel equally bad for those that think shooting isn't an option.
    How can you even say that? It doesn't matter if the guy has a sign on his yard, it's utterly retarded to shoot someone over something like this. I don't even know how someone can live with themselves after shooting someone for coming on their lawn.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

  9. Likes AaronSOLDIER , BBK.. likes this post
  10. #83
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    For all we know this guy couldve been hopped up on perscription meds and was already out of his mind?

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  11. #84
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,102
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    144,727 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by bash View Post
    How can you even say that? It doesn't matter if the guy has a sign on his yard, it's utterly retarded to shoot someone over something like this. I don't even know how someone can live with themselves after shooting someone for coming on their lawn.
    I didn't say anything about shooting should be an option because the guy is in his yard.

    Look, there were comments already that said if he had signs in his yard, this wouldn't have happened. There were signs in his yard. This still happened.

    Its utterly retarded to shoot someone over something like this? You don't have any idea what "this" was about. You assume since the news hasn't said anything, it isn't a part of the incident?




  12. #85
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,249
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    475,593 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Its always funny how people assume that since its not in the story, it didn't happen.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  13. #86
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    At the end of the day fatcs that arent in the stroy your arguing assumptions

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  14. Likes Admartian likes this post
  15. #87
    Master Guru
    Bigdoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,382
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    5,212 (11,045 Banked)
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    meh, businesses that have salesmen going door to door, if there are signs in the yard but no physical threat was made, but the still disobeyed the fact that it said no trespassing, there should be a fine and the money or at least 70 to 80% should go to the property owner. However, if anyone agrees with the actions of this man or "it's the law" type of crap, you might as well live back in the caveman times. right now it's 2012 and people need to really start using their brains and common sense on what should actually be done. I am in favor of guns, I am in favor of no trespassing signs, I am not in favor of shooting an unarmed man or a man posing no physical threat even though he stepped on a yard that said "no trespassing". but this all comes down to the state and their laws. some states are dumb while others actually use a brain cell. lol

    if it's not in the story then how would you know what happened, if you are telling me this and this happened then I assume you lived nextdoor to the person?

    regardless, this discussion is going by what the story said, not what could have happened or could have potentially happened o.O
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 07-31-2012 at 16:17.

  16. #88
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,102
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    144,727 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    meh, businesses that have salesmen going door to door, if there are signs in the yard but no physical threat was made, but the still disobeyed the fact that it said no trespassing, there should be a fine and the money or at least 70 to 80% should go to the property owner. However, if anyone agrees with the actions of this man or "it's the law" type of crap, you might as well live back in the caveman times. right now it's 2012 and people need to really start using their brains and common sense on what should actually be done. I am in favor of guns, I am in favor of no trespassing signs, I am not in favor of shooting an unarmed man or a man posing no physical threat even though he stepped on a yard that said "no trespassing". but this all comes down to the state and their laws. some states are dumb while others actually use a brain cell. lol

    if it's not in the story then how would you know what happened, if you are telling me this and this happened then I assume you lived nextdoor to the person?

    regardless, this discussion is going by what the story said, not what could have happened or could have potentially happened o.O
    Oh I agree to a point. However, just writing the incident off to let it agree with your opinion on it doesn't make it too much legit.




  17. #89
    Forum Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,687
    Rep Power
    87
    Points
    37,618 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Its always funny how people assume that since its not in the story, it didn't happen.
    And pulling things out of thin air is any less funny?

  18. Likes Admartian likes this post
  19. #90
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,574
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,488 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Thing about news in the USA they can and do skew the truth which is why alot of AMErican members here and elsewhere don't take the news at face value and class it as opinion and often biased one way (politically) or another which is a sorry situation.
    There are guidelines and rules to stop this happening in UK and Canada.

  20. Likes AaronSOLDIER , Admartian likes this post
  21. #91
    Forum Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,687
    Rep Power
    87
    Points
    37,618 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Is there no unbiased news in America? Surely there must be a source for news that just wants to give, well, the news?

  22. #92
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    if someone doesnt die or if it doesnt get a reaction its not NEWS apparently

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  23. #93
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,014
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,962 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Guys STOP ARGUING! They're Yanks. You know the deal - you'll never get anywhere.

    "ooh. did someone who's trying to do their job (not even being threatening) just die? oh well, so long as we can still carry guns I'll continue to try and justify it"

    Again, my point wasn't really about carrying guns or not (as he was in his home) - but what about $#@!ing DISCRETION?"

    Gun toting hillbillies: SEE 'Discretion'

    Last edited by Admartian; 07-31-2012 at 21:09.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  24. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
  25. #94
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Guys STOP ARGUING! They're Yanks. You know the deal - you'll never get anywhere. "ooh. did someone who's trying to do their job (not even being threatening) just die? oh well, so long as we can still carry guns I'll continue to try and justify it" Again, my point wasn't really about carrying guns or not (as he was in his home) - but what about $#@!ing DISCRETION?"​ Gun toting hillbillies: SEE 'Discretion'
    Yeah because NZ is a nirvana of peace. lol http://emigratetonewzealand.wordpres...t-in-the-oecd/ and also this report. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10634799
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-31-2012 at 23:04.

  26. #95
    Elite Member
    reasonable_doubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    7,902 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    if you're Outside you could Shoot in the Air,inside you could shoot at a Wall as the Plaster/Wood ,would absorb the Bullet, if it's a Brick wall then you could shoot it low enough angle for any Ricochet to be less Lethal (Assuming you had enough Time and was at a safe distance from harm)

    im no Gun Expert but how many times does a Bullet Ricochet of a hard Surface Once/Twice ???
    and go to jail afterwards.

    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    If someone is threatening to kill you or harm your family or steal from your house i believe you should have immunity - Killing a guy for knocking on your door though. That I can't agree with.
    alot of home invasion start with a knock on the door.
    Last edited by reasonable_doubt; 07-31-2012 at 23:23.

  27. #96
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,981
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    42,781 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    if you're Outside you could Shoot in the Air,inside you could shoot at a Wall as the Plaster/Wood ,would absorb the Bullet, if it's a Brick wall then you could shoot it low enough angle for any Ricochet to be less Lethal (Assuming you had enough Time and was at a safe distance from harm)

    im no Gun Expert but how many times does a Bullet Ricochet of a hard Surface Once/Twice ???


    Go tell that to a cop/lawyer/judge and see what happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Is there no unbiased news in America? Surely there must be a source for news that just wants to give, well, the news?
    There is no unbiased news anywhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Guys STOP ARGUING! They're Yanks. You know the deal - you'll never get anywhere.

    "ooh. did someone who's trying to do their job (not even being threatening) just die? oh well, so long as we can still carry guns I'll continue to try and justify it"

    Again, my point wasn't really about carrying guns or not (as he was in his home) - but what about $#@!ing DISCRETION?"

    Gun toting hillbillies: SEE 'Discretion'

    Suppressors

  28. #97
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,616
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    331 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Its a pool of $#@! and a joke that someone can do this anywhere in the world. An innocent man is murdered in cold blood for having a living
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  29. #98
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,014
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,962 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    2010

    I wasn't saying that because I was comparing "peace" or whatever - I was saying that because you guys are hard-headed (said without prejudice) - just my observation.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  30. #99
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,102
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    144,727 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Its a pool of $#@! and a joke that someone can do this anywhere in the world. An innocent man is murdered in cold blood for having a living
    "Innocent" people get killed worldwide. Welcome to real life. Just an idea though... if you see a sign with NO TRESPASSING on it, don't go into the $#@!ing yard without permission. smh




  31. #100
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    2010 I wasn't saying that because I was comparing "peace" or whatever - I was saying that because you guys are hard-headed (said without prejudice) - just my observation.
    Has that much changed over 2 years? lol Anyway I was just messing around with you. Just some lighthearted ribbing back at ya. lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.