Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    @Aaron Soldier - The second part of your post implies that most people who voted for RDR are propably 360 fans who haven't played both games and therefore didnt give an honest answer. So I dont see how that part of your post changes what you said in the first part so no I didnt choose to ignore it. But you clearly ignored the second part of my post that asked about the possibility that some PS3 fans might have voted for GOW 3 simply because its a PS3 exclusive. Is that not at least remotely possible given the fact that this is a PS3 fansite?
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-29-2012 at 22:29.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    The second part of your post implies that most people who voted for RDR are 360 fans who haven't played both games. So I dont see how that part of your post changes what you said in the first part so no I didnt choose to ignore it.
    The second part of my post, in other words, is saying that the majority of voters were the people who played both and gave an honest, unbiased, legit vote. I don't know what way you read it but that was what I was saying

But you clearly ignored the second part of my post that asked about the possibility that PS3 fans might have voted for GOW 3 simply because its a PS3 exclusive. Is that not at least possible given the fact that this is a PS3 fansite?
    No doubt, both sides were doing it, but Lilith pointed out that PS3 fans probably only voted for GOW3 due to being exclusive, and most likely 360 only fans voted for RDR simply because its multiplat. I myself didn't even vote in the poll for the record, but calling out one fanbase while indicating the other is completely innocent in poll rigging is inaccurate.
    Last edited by AaronSOLDIER; 07-29-2012 at 22:34.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I played RDR on the 360, a lot. I played GOW3 on the PS3. I voted for GOW3.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I played and beat RDR on the PS3. I played and beat GOW3. I voted for RDR because it was the better game.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    The second part of my post, in other words, is saying that the majority of voters were the people who played both and gave an honest, unbiased, legit vote. I don't know what way you read it but that was what I was saying
    Exactly. So youre saying or at least implying is that the majority of people who voted for GOW 3 were being unbiased and honest in their answer because they played both while the majority of those who voted RDR weren't because they're propably 360 fans who haven't. How do you really know that? Granted some definitely did and we propably both know who they are. But the majority? I seriously doubt that. Maybe they honestly did like RDR better? Just saying.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-29-2012 at 23:11.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I played RDR on the 360, a lot. I played GOW3 on the PS3. I voted for GOW3.
    Yeah my vote is for GOW 3.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    If people think this is going to be an issue then make the tourney PS3 exclusives only next time around

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

8. Likes Fon , Nitey , Lethal likes this post
    Elite Member

No doubt, both sides were doing it, but Lilith pointed out that PS3 fans probably only voted for GOW3 due to being exclusive, and most likely 360 only fans voted for RDR simply because its multiplat. I myself didn't even vote in the poll for the record, but calling out one fanbase while indicating the other is completely innocent in poll rigging is inaccurate.
    This would be valid if we were on a neutral part of the internets with an equal representation of 360 and ps3 fanboys, but we are in PS3 universe. There is naturally going to be extreme and large bias towards all things PS3 which will manifest itself in situations like this.

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Who cares about this whole exclusivity vs. non-exclusivity thing or biased vs. non-biased opinions?!

The number one fault of this whole idea is that people compare an action adventure such as God of War to an open-world exploration game like RDR. How does that make any sense whatsoever?

This is as ridiculous as a face-off between Street Fighter and Demon's Souls...
    Last edited by Wrath; 07-29-2012 at 23:07.

11. Likes Nitey likes this post
    PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Who cares about this whole exclusivity vs. non-exclusivity thing or biased vs. non-biased opinions?!

The number one fault of this whole idea is that people compare an action adventure such as God of War to an open-world exploration game like RDR. How does that make any sense whatsoever?

Agreed. Should have been GTA IV or inFamous vs RDR. I really don't understand some of the pairings that PSU did on this thing...
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Elite Member

We award the title of "pound of pound best fighter" despite nominees not even fighting in the same class, or "best actor", "best picture" despite one being in a romantic comedy and the other in a movie about batman, it happens.

Let us have our fun trying to rank things.

Forum Guru
    I do prefer God of War 3 over Red Dead Redemption though.

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_Lilith View Post
    We award the title of "pound of pound best fighter" despite nominees not even fighting in the same class, or "best actor", "best picture" despite one being in a romantic comedy and the other in a movie about batman, it happens.

Let us have our fun trying to rank things.
    For your info, actors are ranked according to their abilities to transform into someone else (regardless of the genre) and movies are ranked in relation to certain parameters, such as cinematography, writing, sound, etc.

Games are inherently different because we mostly rank them on the basis of gameplay, which is why it doesn't make sense to rank such vastly differing genres.

Do it like Ghost suggested and put Infamous up against RDR and we would have a much more substantial discussion.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Exactly. So youre saying or at least implying is that the majority of people who voted for GOW 3 were being unbiased and honest in their answer because they played both while the majority of those who voted RDR weren't because they're propably 360 fans who haven't. How do you really know that? Granted some definitely did and we propably both know who they are. But the majority? I seriously doubt that. Maybe they honestly did like RDR better? Just saying.
    I see what you're saying now lol

No I didn't mean it like that, most people who voted were being unbiased I think, but ultimately there are more PS3 fans here who probably only played GOW3 so voted for that, and yeah RDR mightve gotten the most votes had it been 100% fair. I myslef haven't completely finished RDR, while I've beaten GOW3 a few times, and I didn't vote because it wouldn't be fair, but a lot of people probably wouldve just gone for GOW3 had they been in my position.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Lilith View Post
    This would be valid if we were on a neutral part of the internets with an equal representation of 360 and ps3 fanboys, but we are in PS3 universe. There is naturally going to be extreme and large bias towards all things PS3 which will manifest itself in situations like this.
    Yes I know, but tbh if you want a completely unbiased forum on the internet, you're asking the impossible, there are fanboys on all sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X

It is absolutely impossible to decide what the best PS3 game is without comparing games of different genres.

No matter how we organized it - let's say we had only similar genres set against each other in Round 1. Sure, fine. But by the time you get to the Championship, the grand match to decide the best PS3 game ever, you're going to have games that are wildly different.

The point of this whole thing was to give each division as much variety as possible, so that it truly is a fair contest to decide which of these 32 games is the best.

It doesn't matter what your genre is. One game in each match-up is either better, or they're extremely close. That's the point. It's fun to think about.

But again, you simply cannot decide what the best PS3 game is without considering different genres and - inevitably - pitting them against each other.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I see what you're saying now lol No I didn't mean it like that, most people who voted were being unbiased I think, but ultimately there are more PS3 fans here who probably only played GOW3 so voted for that, and yeah RDR mightve gotten the most votes had it been 100% fair. I myslef haven't completely finished RDR, while I've beaten GOW3 a few times, and I didn't vote because it wouldn't be fair, but a lot of people probably wouldve just gone for GOW3 had they been in my position.
    No worries bro. We just both misunderstood what each other was saying. lol

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I was in the 45% for RDR, I doubt GOW would've won if it wasn't exclusive.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

20. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Dislikes Kauldron dislikes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    RDR. GOW3 was way too short for a single player game. More like SHORT OF A WAR!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    in this kinda bracket your going to end up with different types of games going against each other just watch for round 2 lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    RDR. GOW3 was way too short for a single player game. More like SHORT OF A WAR!
    I didnt like how the story was done for RDR had no idea where i was meant to be going. I prefer my games with some linearity so i know wtf the main objective is.

Thank you itachi

24. Likes neoxthexone likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    I didnt like how the story was done for RDR had no idea where i was meant to be going. I prefer my games with some linearity so i know wtf the main objective is.
    I had the same problem.

Master Guru
    Let the truth be told. God of War III was amazing.

PS3 exclusives in general are just better than any other group of games out there. The polish that Sony's developers put on their games is second to none.

Veteran

See I thought PSU did this to intentionally confuse the voter. Therefore the voter would have to default to which game they had the most fun with. At least that is how I voted.

RDR - I was bored to tears. Couldn't force myself to continue playing it.

GOW3 - Excellent thrill ride in which I also was excited to see how the story ended. Also amazed by the graphics.

I also think a lot of other games are better than RDR. I would have voted for Darksiders, Mortal Kombat, Disgaea 3, Mario Galaxy, Halo 3, Renegade OPs, Rayman Origins and host of other games over RDR.

RDR is very low on my totem pole of being anywhere near a good game.

It all comes down to personal opinion folks. Which is what these poles are about.

This whole thing on voting because it is exclusive I'm sure is correct to a point, but they are the minority. I'm sure there are people who voted for games just because the games were multiplatform as well.

Also, another thing to note: We've seen the legions of threads on how multiplatform games are usually "better" on 360. We've also seen threads on how PS3 exclusives have more quality than PS3 multiplats.

So that just might be taken into account on the voting as well.
    Last edited by Kauldron; 07-30-2012 at 07:10.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I effing love God of War, but I voted for RDR. It deserves it IMO.
    Last edited by Shibby; 07-30-2012 at 07:47.

Master Poster
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Google ChromeDiceGoogle ChromeBattlefield 3Christian Bale
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Yeah, from what I remember there were too many missions that had a "do this job for me and i'll give u the information you need" and it kept doing that, the story just became way to long and thin.

Besides that they did a great job setting up the world at the beginning and had a really great ending, but the middle was such a chore.

Thread Information