Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru

I FREAKING!!!! got in the New Dashboard Beta - Link Inside!!!!

Here you go for those that missed out like I did. Hurry Up before it closes again

https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLI...IT12-7QWY-KVD8
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

2. Likes MjW , Lethal likes this post
    Sonata Dusk
    Uh... what is this a beta for?

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Uh... what is this a beta for?
    Xbox Live 2012 Dashboard Update Beta Program!!
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Took about five minutes to click the link above and get a code. WOot. Downloading now.

6. Likes X2 likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Worked for me as well.

8. Likes X2 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Thanks X2. I'm in.

10. Likes X2 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Xbox just prompted for the update, downloading it now, can't wait

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Here you go for those that missed out like I did. Hurry Up before it closes again

https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLI...IT12-7QWY-KVD8
    Thanks I got in. I'll wait for my email.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs2 View Post
    Thanks I got in. I'll wait for my email.
    No email did you follow the steps to get your key?

14. Likes Dobbs2 likes this post
    Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    No email did you follow the steps to get your key?
    Balls I'm an idiot. Back when I did these things more often they emailed you stuff and asked for you Xbox sn. Thanks again.

Elite Guru
    IE is so ridiculously fast and the websites show so beautiful on my tv. Also I like the option to view as a mobile web browser.

Soldier 95B
    IE is slick. I love how my sites show up on all of my xboxes. So Damn slick.

18. Likes X2 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    IE is slick. I love how my sites show up on all of my xboxes. So Damn slick.
    It's seems like MS took there time and really built this for the tv, because I have no problem reading anything, words are crisp and clear. I just viewed a pdf file, though it didn't display the images I was able to read what was in the file. I prefer this over IE on the pc. So sleek and fast. I loving the speed of the dashboard as well.

Apprentice

Ok I downloaded the 1.3mb registration app. It says my console is registered and will take 1-2 business days for it to go through?

Soldier 95B
    Ok I downloaded the 1.3mb registration app. It says my console is registered and will take 1-2 business days for it to go through?
    Give it a couple hours.

22. Likes MjW likes this post
    Elite Guru
    I forced mines by opening up apps! lol

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah I just got that too Dobbs2. Says it will prompt the console in a couple days and download the update. Looking forward to it - heard IE is amazing, so can watch anime's nicely on my screen now

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Yeah I just got that too Dobbs2. Says it will prompt the console in a couple days and download the update. Looking forward to it - heard IE is amazing, so can watch anime's nicely on my screen now
    You can forced the download, like I did. I signed up today as well.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Oh I see, I wasn't aware that you could force download. Ah well my Xbox is off now and it's almost 2 am so I'm going bed anyway Cheers for the heads-up with this sign up, X2

27. Likes X2 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    This update is pretty good. Loving the Internet Explorer. I Like what they did for the games hub and everything seems to be much faster.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    This update is pretty good. Loving the Internet Explorer. I Like what they did for the games hub and everything seems to be much faster.
    Yeah Im on IE now.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items Diablo IIIOne PieceGhost in the ShellLuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I'm just going to change the title to include "new dashboard beta" so its clearer what you're on about ><

31. Likes X2 likes this post
    Apprentice

So I have the registration app in my quick play, but have nothing in my apps submenu. How do I force install it?

Elite Guru
    So I have the registration app in my quick play, but have nothing in my apps submenu. How do I force install it?

Well do you have any apps download it? I opened up apps I already had which needed updates and let them update. When I went to the HBO Go app and updated it, I browsed around for a few and when I exited the program it prompt for the update.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Didnt do nothing for me. Guess I'm too late.

Thread Information