Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 8
    Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I think their bundles are the way to go. Throw in a game and memory card at an enticing price. There is already that sexy white AC bundle and I bet there will be a bundle for CoD. But yeah, the card prices are atrocious lol.
    Yeah that's great for first time Vita buyers, but for people like me I can't buy anymore games, especially from the store because I gotta atleast 50 pounds in order to get a decent size card, let alone buy games, seriously 32 GB should be 30 quid, not 70+

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Yeah that's great for first time Vita buyers, but for people like me I can't buy anymore games, especially from the store because I gotta atleast 50 pounds in order to get a decent size card, let alone buy games, seriously 32 GB should be 30 quid, not 70+
    Yep exactly. I'm in the same boat. If I want anymore games especially from the store I'm going to have to shell out for an expensive card in order to have a decent amount of storage.

Superior Member

I don't know what they are in europe but they are about $75 on amazon right now. Still a bit high. There were some nice deals out there a few weeks ago like on newegg and such where you could get a 16gb free with console. Just have to keep looking I guess....but no doubt the prices are high to invest...console + memory card + game....bit steep. Bundles are the way to go....and people will probably wait unless they drop the price. I don't look for that until after the holidays because of those bundles your talking about.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    I don't know what they are in europe but they are about $75 on amazon right now. Still a bit high. There were some nice deals out there a few weeks ago like on newegg and such where you could get a 16gb free with console. Just have to keep looking I guess....but no doubt the prices are high to invest...console + memory card + game....bit steep. Bundles are the way to go....and people will probably wait unless they drop the price. I don't look for that until after the holidays because of those bundles your talking about.
    Yep plus Sony already confirmed awhile back they would focus on bundles but no price drop this holiday. http://www.gamezone.com/products/ps-...eating-bundles
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-11-2012 at 01:20.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    That would still be a high price.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    That would still be a high price.
    Seeing these prices....knowing that these media cards can't be that expensive to make (can they?). It does make me wonder why they are so expensive or not done more bundling to begin with. It is obvious that Sony's new profitability quest is all over this release. Clear they plan to profit from every console...not just on the games and accessories because imo..the games and accessories are too much. I love my Vita...but these games are basically ports of PS3 games and or pretty inferior and they are charging $40-$50. Just not a recipe for success to me. If you got a game like MLB12....$60 PS3 pre-order should land you a free vita version if you order say from PSN or Sony Stores. They gotta do something with the crossplay/bundling games thing.

Ancient
    Seeing these prices....knowing that these media cards can't be that expensive to make (can they?). It does make me wonder why they are so expensive or not done more bundling to begin with. It is obvious that Sony's new profitability quest is all over this release. Clear they plan to profit from every console...not just on the games and accessories because imo..the games and accessories are too much. I love my Vita...but these games are basically ports of PS3 games and or pretty inferior and they are charging $40-$50. Just not a recipe for success to me. If you got a game like MLB12....$60 PS3 pre-order should land you a free vita version if you order say from PSN or Sony Stores. They gotta do something with the crossplay/bundling games thing.
    I can't really complain about the games pricing, they range from 20 to 35 here and 3DS games are 30 mainly, so when I see people suggesting a 15-20 pound price range I kinda think they're mad, especially when no-one complains about 3DS game prices, those should really be 15 quid for 90% of the games
    Game prices are fine, in comparison to 3DS & PS3 prices
    But memory is absurd, Sony could atleast license it out to 3rd partys so we get the cheaper option.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by TGO; 08-11-2012 at 12:19.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Superior Member

I can't really complain about the games pricing, they range from 20 to 35 here and 3DS games are 30 mainly, so when I see people suggesting a 15-20 pound price range I kinda think they're mad, especially when no-one complains about 3DS game prices, those should really be 15 quid for 90% of the games
    Game prices are fine, in comparison to 3DS & PS3 prices
    But memory is absurd, Sony could atleast license it out to 3rd partys so we get the cheaper option.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    I don't know how much it costs to develop games on the Vita but the only game I thought was worth the 39.99 was Uncharted...but MLB12 and others...those shared assets and etc...can't think that those games should be that price...and some others...no way. $30 is a sweet spot for most games....AAA like Uncharted, AC, COD...ok $40.

Totally agree about the memory cards. I understand why they won't....same reason Microsoft doesn't with most of their stuff like HDs. That said....every Vita should come with at least 16mb card at the price they have it....then if you want more...pay. Especially if they want you to download from the PSN. I understand them going with bundles....and throwing say free $25 PSN gift cards and stuff in...but a lot of people don't understand value...they simply look at the bottom line price of a console or handheld....and not all that they have to invest in it. Remember back in the days when you added up HDs and accessories for Nintendo, PS, and XBOX and Sony often came out ahead in value but not in sales? Perhaps just dropping the price and getting those sales with those memory cards and such is how they can make their profit...idk...but they better figure out how to make this device much more attractive to buyers or we won't see a second COD or AC on that platform.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I don't know how much it costs to develop games on the Vita but the only game I thought was worth the 39.99 was Uncharted...but MLB12 and others...those shared assets and etc...can't think that those games should be that price...and some others...no way. $30 is a sweet spot for most games....AAA like Uncharted, AC, COD...ok $40.

Totally agree about the memory cards. I understand why they won't....same reason Microsoft doesn't with most of their stuff like HDs. That said....every Vita should come with at least 16mb card at the price they have it....then if you want more...pay. Especially if they want you to download from the PSN. I understand them going with bundles....and throwing say free $25 PSN gift cards and stuff in...but a lot of people don't understand value...they simply look at the bottom line price of a console or handheld....and not all that they have to invest in it. Remember back in the days when you added up HDs and accessories for Nintendo, PS, and XBOX and Sony often came out ahead in value but not in sales? Perhaps just dropping the price and getting those sales with those memory cards and such is how they can make their profit...idk...but they better figure out how to make this device much more attractive to buyers or we won't see a second COD or AC on that platform.
    Uncharted used a bunch of assets from the other games. There was an article about it, not sure if it was posted here or not. They used the IP name, series, etc., in order to charge for the game like they did.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Uncharted used a bunch of assets from the other games. There was an article about it, not sure if it was posted here or not. They used the IP name, series, etc., in order to charge for the game like they did.
    I'm sure they did. I mean I've seen many articles about how easy it was to port games from the PS3 to Vita. It just seems like a lot of money for a handheld game that is obviously inferior to console versions and something people would find difficult to throw down that type of money for. I mean when you play on the go like that you mostly play smaller psn type games that cost a couple dollars to 10 maybe 20 if its good. $40 for basically ALL new releases is a rip off if you ask me. Like I said AAA titles I can see it...but sports franchises, Resistance, Ninja Gaiden or whatever...give me a break...that isn't value. That will make it very difficult to bring people over who can play similar quality titles on their ipad or phone for half that cost. I think it is a wonderful kit capable of great gaming....and I enjoy mine...its worth the $250...but I know I value my gaming differently than most people...and can't blame them for being adverse to spending that type of money on games and accessories. I'm sure 3DS games or whatever are similar in price...but thats a device kinda like an iphone/ipad that sales on name alone almost. Its a proven commodity...Vita has work to get anywhere near that level.

Thread Information