Probelms w/ AT&T U-Verse's router & PS3 online?

Anyone out there know of any issues w/ PS3's online network connecting to AT&T UVerse's 2Wire routers? A quick Google search shows they have had some majorrr issues (it seems) in the past but I am hoping to find that it's a complete non-issue now & has been cleaned up...I hav that kind of router I am planning to get a PS3 soon. I'll be using a "wired" connection & maybe these problems only existed w/ "wireless" connections & AT&T Uverse's router?

Thanks in advance for your help-I appreciate it!

-CT

Superior Member
    I have Uverse, my PS3 is connected via wireless and I have no real issues at all with PSN. Every once in a while I will unexpectedly be signed out of PSN, about once, maybe twice a month. When I am I can immediately sign back in. Don't know why this happens, if it is Uverse or PSN or what. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissent View Post
    I have Uverse, my PS3 is connected via wireless and I have no real issues at all with PSN. Every once in a while I will unexpectedly be signed out of PSN, about once, maybe twice a month. When I am I can immediately sign back in. Don't know why this happens, if it is Uverse or PSN or what. Hope this helps.
    Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. A lot of the stuff I was reading seemed to be 09, 10, 11-ish so I assumed it had been cleared up as of now. Since i'll be connecting "wired" I would think that would take care of a lot of issues if there was any.

The only problem I had w/ my 360 & XBL, I tried to be wireless but my router was too close to where my 360 was & it would randomly kick me off EASports servers but i'd still be signed into XBL...really weird but once I went wired, I never had any issues.

When you're setting up your online connection via PS3, do you just tell everything to be "automatic" or were their certain things w/ UVerse/their 2Wire router that you had to "manual" enter? I'm just checking if there is anything I should be on the look out for/be ready to manually enter when I'm going through the process. Thanks bro.

Thread Information