Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So nice being able to finally play through the whole game without pausing to install !!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

2. Likes EHY893, bigCman123, Ghost , Nitey likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    So nice being able to finally play through the whole game without pausing to install !!
    I'm just downloading the patch right now, but I was wondering will I still need my MGS4 bluray disc if I fully install it?

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Yeah the full install only offers a more seemless game with no act installations that breaks up the game. Makes the game much better than it was before if that were even possible.

I just ran through the game already on easy. It's amazing how much you forget when you haven't played a game in years.

5. Likes bigCman123, daLa likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I'm $#@!ing in my pants. I can't wait for Wednesday when I'm off to dig-in to this game again! Why can't all games be this beast mode? It's ridiculous!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

7. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    this shouldnt be a spoiler because its so old but...
    got my first trophy...
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

9. Likes bigCman123, daLa, btbam likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    got my first trophy...
    Kojima sure is a bit twisted lol, I mean he even put a trophy for kissing Ocelot.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Looks like I deleted DC Universe Online at just the right time..

Shut up and play games

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    got my first trophy...
    Haha! That was one of my first trophies too

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I wish I put this game on easy lol. Beating Laughing Octopus with a non lethal weapon sucks!!!!!!!! Had to get that Laughing Octopus doll and face camo though!

The statue trophy I earned on accident. I ran over there for fun and posed with the statues. I then wen to the left where the 2 guards saw me, so I ran back to the statue and his doodle fell off! Yes, his doodle!

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    lol I was going for a Centipede playthrough on Solid Normal, but then thought "$#@! it' il Harvest a $#@! load of Drebin points from the Infinate Spawning Militia at the Drum Can Section and get some Trophies too (So iv'e Gotten 10 Trophies from Act 1 so far) (Holding up a PMC soldier with a Gun was my First Trophy)

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    The statue trophy I earned on accident. I ran over there for fun and posed with the statues. I then wen to the left where the 2 guards saw me, so I ran back to the statue and his doodle fell off! Yes, his doodle!
    I remember that part.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I wish I put this game on easy lol. Beating Laughing Octopus with a non lethal weapon sucks!!!!!!!! Had to get that Laughing Octopus doll and face camo though!

FYI, (edit: I think...) you can kill the beast mode with normal ammo, just use non lethal when the beauty comes out. I'm sure that's how I did it, but maybe that is just for the no kills aspect of BB emblem.

Ja that is just for the no kills aspect..damn lol. Been too long since I played this...gonna be fun lol.
    Last edited by Ghost; 08-07-2012 at 17:06.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    yeah im gonna restart it on easy just to quickly hammer out some trophies... then save the best for longer play sessions on hard... but i wanna say... i deleted all my game saves (just not my save data) so when i got Mk.III I got my Altairs Robes but not my face octocamo was that linked to gamedata or gamesave? i assume the altairs robes are linked to gamedata then... weird...anyways...zapped a mofo and the trophy still unlocked... (although i didnt actually put the altair costume on... i dont think it matters since its kinda a type of camo... )

anyways it took me like 4 or 5 tries to hold up and pat down someone... i had no idea what the controls were an i kept rolling... or shooting the bastard... lol and then i finally patted him down then nut grabbed the dude which knocked him out (lol!)... i totally dont remember that from my first playthroughs.

also thought this was pretty relevant now... i keep my boxes for all my consoles (im sure im not the only one who does this?) my good ol' MGS4 80gb PS3 still around and kickin' ... also sporting the MGS collection BEFORE HD collections were cool!

Last edited by SomaXD; 08-07-2012 at 17:35.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

18. Likes Admartian , $Greatness$ , Nitey likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    LOL I just remembered that you get the MGS3 theme "Snake Eater" by earning ALL of the emblems. This plat is going to take awhile MUAHAHAHA!

Ancient
    yeah im gonna restart it on easy just to quickly hammer out some trophies... then save the best for longer play sessions on hard... but i wanna say... i deleted all my game saves (just not my save data) so when i got Mk.III I got my Altairs Robes but not my face octocamo was that linked to gamedata or gamesave? i assume the altairs robes are linked to gamedata then... weird...anyways...zapped a mofo and the trophy still unlocked... (although i didnt actually put the altair costume on... i dont think it matters since its kinda a type of camo... )

anyways it took me like 4 or 5 tries to hold up and pat down someone... i had no idea what the controls were an i kept rolling... or shooting the bastard... lol and then i finally patted him down then nut grabbed the dude which knocked him out (lol!)... i totally dont remember that from my first playthroughs.

also thought this was pretty relevant now... i keep my boxes for all my consoles (im sure im not the only one who does this?) my good ol' MGS4 80gb PS3 still around and kickin' ... also sporting the MGS collection BEFORE HD collections were cool!

I'm jealous of the MGS collection & PS3, and you ain't the only one
    And lmao at Gafs MGS4 OT 2.0 and them crowning it GOTY2008 - 2012, they Kill it they do lol

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Awwwww...Act 4....

22. Likes $Greatness$ , bigCman123, TGO, Nitey likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    The trophies are starting to come in fast and steady now, just got the trophy for the Laughing Octopus Doll and making her Beauty form dance to the song on the iPod. (Didn't know about that in my original playthrough. )

About to head to the UFO site to get that trophy.
    Trophy-licious!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    I'm gonna just do a Normal playthrough, so as to experience the fun of the game again. Then I'll decide if I want to Platinum it. It's been so long since I've played MGS4 that I just want to PLAY.

Shut up and play games

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    I'm gonna just do a Normal playthrough, so as to experience the fun of the game again. Then I'll decide if I want to Platinum it. It's been so long since I've played MGS4 that I just want to PLAY.
    Just so you know, its a minimum of 8 playthroughs to platinum it.
    Trophy-licious!

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Awwwww...Act 4....

That moment "The Best is yet to come" kicks in......and the memories/flashbacks....kojima is a god.
    and it's the only game I actually felt like it was me, if you know what I mean, it was my memories, my flashbacks, I was in a place I hadn't been for 9 years( and in 2008 it had been 9 years too )
    And it's still effective now, $#@!ing epic $#@! man!

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

27. Likes Bravo9zero likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    That moment "The Best is yet to come" kicks in......and the memories/flashbacks....kojima is a god.
    and it's the only game I actually felt like it was me, if you know what I mean, it was my memories, my flashbacks, I was in a place I hadn't been for 9 years( and in 2008 it had been 9 years too )
    Makes me a little sad that MGS4 was my first MGS game. I played all the other ones (except portable ops... I hate the gameplay in that one... Dragging soldiers to my truck? No thanks!). One of my favorite video game franchises for sure.

EDIT, just saw this picture. Looks like MGS5 to me. I know it's a fox engine demo but we know MGS5 is going to happen. I mean the character is wearing an eyepatch. That's a semi-old graying Big Boss.

Last edited by bigCman123; 08-08-2012 at 03:30.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Just so you know, its a minimum of 8 playthroughs to platinum it.
    I've seen where 5 playthroughs will get you all 40 emblems, so which Trophies cause the other 3 playthroughs? I played Demon's Souls 5 times (though only took 3-1/2 to get the Plat), so I could probably do 8 plays if I want the MGS4 Platinum badly enough. Does look difficult, though...less than 5-hr. playtime with no kills, healing, continues or alerts? Yeesh.

Shut up and play games

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash

just the second form has to be beaten non lethal to get no kills. When she is in full costume, or all teh beasts for taht matter, open fire and kick ass. When she leaves the costume, thats when you need to switch.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm just having my fun and relaxing playthrough now. I have a few trophies but the main aim of this one is to get solar gun. My next playthrough will be for the BBE. Once I get that out the way (for a 2nd time lol) the rest will be a cake walk. Kojima was such a $#@!ing troll with the ipod trophy, knowing full well you had to get all emblems haha. I bet a lot thought it was an easy plat.

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Yeah I felt the same, it's kind of crazy how effective that level is. I would give my left nut for an HD remake lol. I am sporting my young snake with bandanna face game and Mk23...Just like old times!

Super Elite
    so which Trophies cause the other 3 playthroughs? I played Demon's Souls 5 times (though only took 3-1/2 to get the Plat), so I could probably do 8 plays if I want the MGS4 Platinum badly enough. Does look difficult, though...less than 5-hr. playtime with no kills, healing, continues or alerts? Yeesh.
    You forgot on Big Boss Extreme lol, but the trophy for that is the Ipod songs, you'll need the BBE to get the last ipod song and the FaceCamo(I think.)

So Far right now I'm doing the Chicken Emblem along with 21 other emblems. I remember doing centipede and spider individually so that's two playthroughs there, can't remember the rest.

Thread Information