Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PS3 Controller Charging Station (Need your help and opinions)

OK im in the market for a controller charging station. Ive been looking online ive seen two that im interested in..

The SONY one i really like it alot its about 30 bucks NEW my check my local play and trade see if they have a used one of these

this after market one about half the price im not in love with it i have a ps3 slim so im not feeling the chrome.

Does anyone have any experience with anyone of these? Also if you have any other ones that may be close to the style im looking at pls share with a link so i can check it out im looking to buy tomorrow or sometime this week would love to get some feed back from you guys if you have any experience with either of these or another one you may have

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    I have the energizer one in the last 2 pics.. don't really like it and would not reccomend. After about 6 months only the bottom slot worked and now it collects dust...

Sent from my R800x

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I also bought the second one you mentioned, it was really cheap like $10.. I thought oh wow it looks cool and will charge my stuff!

It never worked properly and would only charge sometimes and took twice as long to charge and didnt always even start the charge I'd have to put the controller on it a few times.

Piece of crap that I threw out months ago

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I was thinking the same. I may just go with the sony brand one do some shopping online if not take a trip to my local gaming stores after work see if i can find one used for the same price of that other one new. I see other ones but just dont like them.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Superior Member

This is the one I have...never had an issue...works really well. Looks like it is no longer available on Amazon but maybe you can find it elsewhere if you like it. Got good reviews...there is a dreamgear one on amazon that is crap...so I wouldn't go that route. I've had one similar to the second one in your pic...and it stopped working too so these things are hit or miss. I would check reviews and pick the best reviewed one...even if it is more expensive...because it will be worth it in the long run.

http://www.amazon.com/Intec-G7733-Ch...ion+3+chargers

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41UfZUwXl-L.jpg

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    This is the one I have...never had an issue...works really well. Looks like it is no longer available on Amazon but maybe you can find it elsewhere if you like it. Got good reviews...there is a dreamgear one on amazon that is crap...so I wouldn't go that route. I've had one similar to the second one in your pic...and it stopped working too so these things are hit or miss. I would check reviews and pick the best reviewed one...even if it is more expensive...because it will be worth it in the long run.

http://www.amazon.com/Intec-G7733-Ch...ion+3+chargers

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41UfZUwXl-L.jpg
    Yea ive seen that one as well read good things about it im not sold on how it holds the controllers tho i currently only have two at the moment.

Ive also seen one its like a charge mat? anyone experince those?

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information