Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat

DayZ being developed as a standalone game

That’s right, this is actually happening,” reads a tweet from the official DayZ dev twitter feed. “DayZ will be developed as a standalone game.” A post on the DayZ site from Dean “Rocket” Hall announces that DayZ is going to become a full game, and he’ll be heading up development as lead designer.

“Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price,” he explains.

There’s a fresh official site for the standalone game over at DayZGame.com. The announcement follows news earlier today that the DayZ mod has more than one million unique players.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/08/07/da...the-beginning/

Not surprising seeing how popular it is.
    You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If the stand alone fixes all the problems Day Z the mod has i will buy it.

RIP Oculus Rift

Elite Guru
    There's going to be a few pissed off people who bought into Arma II just for the mod that will now have to buy another game. Lol.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    license out the engine from arma II, improve it, add your mods via the development, boom... sell it. Make millions.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Decent mod, feel bad for my friend that paid $18 for me to play it. Hopefully its sub-$10.. I'd possibly buy it to own it later. Mod is fun, needs more to do.. I pretty much crawl everywhere and have to stalk houses trying to guess if you can loot it. Hardly that fun, took me 40 minutes to find a barn once.. then I got killed by a wall

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Superior Member

So pleased to hear this, been watching videos and although it looks a blast to play the bugs do kinda put me off so a stand alone title would be great if they can iron out those bugs given that the mod is in alpha mode still?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Awesome, makes it much more accessible than buying Arma II plus expansion plus downloading the mod. haha. Will defs give it a try! I'm getting a new PC soon that will actually run games :O

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Thread Information