Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    It doesn't help that Resistance: Burning Skies bombed. I'm not sure how much it sold but, for the most part, reviewers weren't very kind.
    I played the demo and decided not to buy it. Pretty disappointing.

Superior Member

Burning skies has been a disappointment but any FPS on the Vita is welcome to me...so that made me happy. Like most have said. R1 was a good start, R2 was terrible in the story and a let down (although Coop Multiplayer rocked), R3 was a nice rebound even though it never got back that feeling of the first. I think it could be revived because besides Uncharted the Resistance Universe to me was the probably my favorite story setting this gen. I mean FPS...aliens...standard...but WW2 era...that was a twist.....I liked it. I like the variety of weapons and the variety of enemies..very interesting and while the AI was lacking for the most part the variety and deepth of the aliens was nice. How many enemies have we seen with little to no variation......you have to admit the weapons and enemies were very innovative and made gaming anything but monotonous.

I just really liked the feeling...especially of the first..it was eirie almost like a resident evil zombie thing...I played it with the lights out...surround sound on my big screen...and my hairs were standing up on my neck...and I'm in my 30's. Maybe it was the fact it was the first real HD game I played or what but I loved it....the multiplayer was decent too.....sadly everything they did right....they lost. The story fell apart...the game got a little campy, superhero-ey, and the multiplayer suffered in the second....the third got back closer to the gritty feeling but by then the game had lost momentum....especially for me losing Hale's story.

I think they have left room for the series to be revived..and it could still be good..the universe I think is very cool....just needs the right art direction and developers that would put quality into it....not just a crap release like Burning Skies.

3. Likes Fon likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I don't have a problem with this. I enjoyed all of the Resistance games but honestly, everything needs to be out to bed at some stage. I like the universe and the gameplay but I don't want it to drag out for too long. The (main) story has been told and it doesn't need another entry Via Tapatalk
    I think you missed my point. I emphasized definitive because it implies that there still could be plans for it just nothing for sure right now.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I think you missed my point. I emphasized definitive because it implies that there still could be plans for it just nothing for sure right now.

Yeah I know what you meant, my comment sort of goes either way anyway, I'd play another one but I'm not eager for it

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Yeah I know what you meant, my comment sort of goes either way anyway, I'd play another one but I'm not eager for it
    Ok, I gotcha. I feel the same way.

Master Poster
    My guess is that they will make a new IP similar to Resistance series but multiplat this time

Elite Member
    First one was great, 2nd and third one blew ass. I would like a new dev to pick it up, and go back to it's original roots.

Elite Member
    If the series is over then it is over. They've had three console games and like two psp/vita games? Great, it was a good series, but move on to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    First one was great, 2nd and third one blew ass. I would like a new dev to pick it up, and go back to it's original roots.
    What? Three had the best SP. Opinions of course.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

10. Likes bigCman123, The Cage likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    It's dead for me but I'd play another if released.

I'm surprisd to hear everyone thinks the 2nd one sucks the most. That was my favorite in the series. The guy who voiced on the radio was brilliant. Whenever you found a radio and listend to his little talks really put some fear in me as I felt emotion for the people as if it had really happened.

EDIT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0IMcFoxPyI

This guy really played his part well.
    Last edited by AlexMackAttack; 08-12-2012 at 03:27.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexMackAttack View Post
    I'm surprisd to hear everyone thinks the 2nd one sucks the most. That was my favorite in the series. The guy who voiced on the radio was brilliant. Whenever you found a radio and listend to his little talks really put some fear in me as I felt emotion for the people as if it had really happened.

EDIT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0IMcFoxPyI

This guy really played his part well.
    Ah, good ol, Henry. He did play a great role in the campaign, I admit. I personally don't hate, Resistance 2 but I felt like they screwed up. One great, great thing that came from it was the 8-player online co-op.

Superior Member

I think what we expected from like the second was some leap like we saw from Uncharted as far as graphics (i know it came out before Uncharted 2 but we expected more) and things that they built up like the Leviathon was hella weak. We just expected some epic stuff and it was a huge let down. It went from scary alien doomsday to almost super hero/ super power game with Hale's new skills and it just lost that we have no hope scary feeling. The mood, tone, art direction lost it for me. Plus the ending.....hella lame after we have invested so much in a character.

3 came back with more grit and had a lot of promise but again...when your getting games like Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3 and GOW3 and Infamous and so on....it just didn't hit a home run graphics and gameplay wise. Still a solid game but that franchise had soo much promise from the first one....if they had built off that first one right....I will be honest I think that game could have been the Halo/GEOW type seller the console has been looking for. Say if they made the leaps that Naughty Dog made from their promising Uncharted....wow...imagine where Resistance would be today....not getting crappy little studio releases on PSP but talks of launching PS4 with it....you know. A game of what if...what could have been!

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    I think what we expected from like the second was some leap like we saw from Uncharted as far as graphics (i know it came out before Uncharted 2 but we expected more) and things that they built up like the Leviathon was hella weak. We just expected some epic stuff and it was a huge let down. It went from scary alien doomsday to almost super hero/ super power game with Hale's new skills and it just lost that we have no hope scary feeling. The mood, tone, art direction lost it for me. Plus the ending.....hella lame after we have invested so much in a character.
    Yeah, at the time I was expecting a good jump in everything from the first. The Leviathan was hyped like crazy but it performed like crap. Resistance 2 turned into a modern military shooter set in a doomed 50's era which really put me off the more I played it. I personally liked the ending, it was just so unexpected to see that happen!.

Quote Originally Posted by davin_g
    3 came back with more grit and had a lot of promise but again...when your getting games like Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3 and GOW3 and Infamous and so on....it just didn't hit a home run graphics and gameplay wise. Still a solid game but that franchise had soo much promise from the first one....if they had built off that first one right....I will be honest I think that game could have been the Halo/GEOW type seller the console has been looking for. Say if they made the leaps that Naughty Dog made from their promising Uncharted....wow...imagine where Resistance would be today....not getting crappy little studio releases on PSP but talks of launching PS4 with it....you know. A game of what if...what could have been!
    Resistance 3 did many things right but it still didn't set things straight. For example: I was expecting more explorations of towns instead of the locations we got; Lack of human element during an apocalyptic scenario, there was some but it wasn't too focused on; they tried to make it tragic but there wasn't anything worth a tear-jerker; Lacked many answers; Capelli was non-existent during the majority of the game and finally, a lazy ending.

To be honest, both Insomniac games and Nihilistic aren't capable of producing proper Resistance games(Minus the first but Insomniac games had 3 years to work on the 3rd!, just what the heck happened there?!). Idealistically, they would need a well known studio with a director that is passionate about the Resistance universe - it has so much potential and it's a shame to see the franchise come to an end.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Yeah, at the time I was expecting a good jump in everything from the first. The Leviathan was hyped like crazy but it performed like crap. Resistance 2 turned into a modern military shooter set in a doomed 50's era which really put me off the more I played it. I personally liked the ending, it was just so unexpected to see that happen!.

Resistance 3 did many things right but it still didn't set things straight. For example: I was expecting more explorations of towns instead of the locations we got; Lack of human element during an apocalyptic scenario, there was some but it wasn't too focused on; they tried to make it tragic but there wasn't anything worth a tear-jerker; Lacked many answers; Capelli was non-existent during the majority of the game and finally, a lazy ending.

To be honest, both Insomniac games and Nihilistic aren't capable of producing proper Resistance games(Minus the first but Insomniac games had 3 years to work on the 3rd!, just what the heck happened there?!). Idealistically, they would need a well known studio with a director that is passionate about the Resistance universe - it has so much potential and it's a shame to see the franchise come to an end.
    Agreed. Like I said the first game had this erie, almost scary feeling to it. You felt almost hopeless and overpowered. The settings and going into the alien ships and such felt very nerve racking. The story was well thought out..narrated well, and it just had everything right. Sure some early graphics issues but it had a great start and a TON of momentum from the public and critics even for a launch game. Like you said the second just totally dropped the ball and was a let down all around. Yeah...that Leviathan thing was super hyped and it was just a let down. Perhaps they aren't capable but man the variety of enemies and weapons were perfect. It really has a lot of positives but give the story to a team like Naughty Dog, Guerilla, or Sony Santa Monica and I think it could see a whole nother level of graphics and amazing gameplay elements. (Just don't let Guerilla do the writing or voice acting lol).

We shall see if it ever comes back. I am willing to bet it does...and wouldn't be surprised Insomniac does it too. I just don't know if they are capable in the big world of game developing without mother Sony backing them up. I think they could try a few things....possibly get into some financial issues and Sony swoop in and buy them up. Just my opinion. They have a great franchise in R&C but thats Sony's IP so...they obviously have the abilitites to make fun and imaginative gaming franchises...but I think they just need help pulling off their ideas and in the writing. Definately could have used some assistance from some other studios.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Agreed. Like I said the first game had this erie, almost scary feeling to it. You felt almost hopeless and overpowered. The settings and going into the alien ships and such felt very nerve racking. The story was well thought out..narrated well, and it just had everything right. Sure some early graphics issues but it had a great start and a TON of momentum from the public and critics even for a launch game. Like you said the second just totally dropped the ball and was a let down all around. Yeah...that Leviathan thing was super hyped and it was just a let down. Perhaps they aren't capable but man the variety of enemies and weapons were perfect. It really has a lot of positives but give the story to a team like Naughty Dog, Guerilla, or Sony Santa Monica and I think it could see a whole nother level of graphics and amazing gameplay elements.
    The first game had a great variety of weaponry and enemies. Why those awesome weapons disappeared afterward is beyond me. Remember the weapon that splits one shell into multiple bullets?, or the unique flamethrower?, or the hailstorm?. Whatever happened to those?. They seriously scrapped a good formula and threw together something that could compete with Call of Duty.

(Just don't let Guerilla do the writing or voice acting lol).
    I agree 100% Lol

We shall see if it ever comes back. I am willing to bet it does...and wouldn't be surprised Insomniac does it too. I just don't know if they are capable in the big world of game developing without mother Sony backing them up. I think they could try a few things....possibly get into some financial issues and Sony swoop in and buy them up. Just my opinion. They have a great franchise in R&C but thats Sony's IP so...they obviously have the abilitites to make fun and imaginative gaming franchises...but I think they just need help pulling off their ideas and in the writing. Definately could have used some assistance from some other studios.
    Insomniac Games has always been good with family friendly-humorous games. What they do excellent in is their pixar like quality and top grade comedy - more games like those is their money maker and Overstrike seems to fit that criteria. I can't see them make more Resistance games, it's just not within their ability anymore.

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    Its Dead,

RFOM was really good for a launch title, i still play it from time to time (SP). Story was to the point, the gameplay was good. You felt like you were in a losing battle. MP was super good too. 20v20 matches were just soo good.

R2 was good but had its fault, like turning the campaign into a bro shooter. all of a sudden, humans had current technology, headsets etc and the fear of being mauled by the chimera was gone, they managed to turn them into just an enemy that you have to kill, instead of one that you fear like in RFOM. R2 online was ok, the perks ruined the experience once people found out how to exploit them (ring of life, iron heart), also the wraith was super overpowered, $#@! load of ammo with no recoil. R2 multiplayer was good for about the first 7 months, then after that people would just exploit it.

R3 campaign was a step in the right direction. It was all about surviving now, the humans had already lost. That RFOM feel was a little more prominent in this game. The jail level, gave a whole new element for the series too. Not only were you fighting the chimera but now you had to worry about your fellow humans butchering you. R3 had potential, it was going in the right direction, until the ending. Capelli destroys the main tower by HIMSELF (according to intel, they sent thousands of troops when SRPA was still kicking and they still lost) and noww it was all over and humans recovered.

The series itself was cut short by R3 endings, its like IG just decided to cut their loses and end it there. I mean seriously, you set up all this awesome stuff: the cloven, grey tech, the chimera planet being visible from our world, the ancient chimera, a war between chimera and an unknown race millions of years ago. All that and they just decide to end it without answering those questions.

R3 mp was ok, the beta was fun but when the game released, it suffered horrible stutter and lag. it took them nearly 3 months to patch it, by then i had given up. Also the fact that they went from awesome 30v30 lagless matches to 8v8 lag-fest was disappointing.

I havent played burning skies but i heard it sucked.

so yeah Resistance is dead, which is a shame they still have so many things to go over. And i wouldn't mind a survival horror prequel were you play a lone Russian facing the initial onslaught of chimera.

Hopefully they give the IP to someone capable, idk naughty dogs B-team would be more than enough.

Super Elite
    RFOM was awesome. Played that $#@! for like 2 years straight. R2 was such a drastic change that it just felt like a whole different game. They completely went the COD/Halo route and just changed everything that made RFOM fun.

As for R3, I didn't buy it but from what I had played it was a terrible game so I can't say I'm sad about seeing this series die. IG should've stayed loyal to their core fanbase instead of becoming greedy and trying to tap into that COD casuals market.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zswordsman View Post
    Its Dead,

RFOM was really good for a launch title, i still play it from time to time (SP). Story was to the point, the gameplay was good. You felt like you were in a losing battle. MP was super good too. 20v20 matches were just soo good.

R2 was good but had its fault, like turning the campaign into a bro shooter. all of a sudden, humans had current technology, headsets etc and the fear of being mauled by the chimera was gone, they managed to turn them into just an enemy that you have to kill, instead of one that you fear like in RFOM. R2 online was ok, the perks ruined the experience once people found out how to exploit them (ring of life, iron heart), also the wraith was super overpowered, $#@! load of ammo with no recoil. R2 multiplayer was good for about the first 7 months, then after that people would just exploit it.

R3 campaign was a step in the right direction. It was all about surviving now, the humans had already lost. That RFOM feel was a little more prominent in this game. The jail level, gave a whole new element for the series too. Not only were you fighting the chimera but now you had to worry about your fellow humans butchering you. R3 had potential, it was going in the right direction, until the ending. Capelli destroys the main tower by HIMSELF (according to intel, they sent thousands of troops when SRPA was still kicking and they still lost) and noww it was all over and humans recovered.

The series itself was cut short by R3 endings, its like IG just decided to cut their loses and end it there. I mean seriously, you set up all this awesome stuff: the cloven, grey tech, the chimera planet being visible from our world, the ancient chimera, a war between chimera and an unknown race millions of years ago. All that and they just decide to end it without answering those questions.

R3 mp was ok, the beta was fun but when the game released, it suffered horrible stutter and lag. it took them nearly 3 months to patch it, by then i had given up. Also the fact that they went from awesome 30v30 lagless matches to 8v8 lag-fest was disappointing.

I havent played burning skies but i heard it sucked.

so yeah Resistance is dead, which is a shame they still have so many things to go over. And i wouldn't mind a survival horror prequel were you play a lone Russian facing the initial onslaught of chimera.

Hopefully they give the IP to someone capable, idk naughty dogs B-team would be more than enough.
    Beautifully said my friend, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    They should just give me the rights to the IP and I'll make them a proper Resistance game.

That's what I keep on telling myself.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    That's what I keep on telling myself.
    I think that any dedicated Resistance fan can make a superior game.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I think that any dedicated Resistance fan can make a superior game.
    RFOM was the best and till this date I still play the online games. The only thing that's left are custom games but that's where I usually hang out with mostly the ones I have met there. I just found out we lost a veteran player that past away a couple of weeks ago.

Superior Member

The first game had a great variety of weaponry and enemies. Why those awesome weapons disappeared afterward is beyond me. Remember the weapon that splits one shell into multiple bullets?, or the unique flamethrower?, or the hailstorm?. Whatever happened to those?. They seriously scrapped a good formula and threw together something that could compete with Call of Duty.

I agree 100% Lol

Insomniac Games has always been good with family friendly-humorous games. What they do excellent in is their pixar like quality and top grade comedy - more games like those is their money maker and Overstrike seems to fit that criteria. I can't see them make more Resistance games, it's just not within their ability anymore.
    I agree with everything you said about weapons and enemies. I also agree with where their strengths lie. I just feel like this Overstrike....while Team Fortress(y) isn't going to work for them. I also don't really see the space for another platformer/comedy pixar game either. I have a feeling they will try...and while extremely extremely imaginative and innovative as they are....I'm not sure they have the skills in story telling/raw graphic output/scope to set themselves apart and exist in the multiplatform community. Perhaps it was their lack of ability to master PS3s architecture or whatever and who knows maybe the next gen consoles they will have a revival but while they had some great ideas this gen....their best work was on the PS2. I just get a feeling they may stumble before finding the grass wasn't greener on the otherside (exclusivity) and find themselves back in Sony's fold. Just my opinion of course.

Power Member
    Loved the first, played it to death with my Bro, second was boring but had a great story if you picked up all the intel. Third was a good finish, did wish there was mention of Hale, or a cameo, but nothing.

Thread Information